PvP CQC Squadrons are the final nail in the CQC coffin.

Personally, I say let the bullies and cheaters gang up on me. My learning curve just goes off the charts because of them and I don't bend over for nobody.

I will just keep coming back.

My issue is with just getting to play in the first place. I mean seriously, there should be a limit to how much you can play without taking a break so others have a chance to join in.

There should be something that automatically boots idle players just clogging up the servers and a cueing system to let players that would like to join in have a chance.

Or, expand the servers to allow for more players to cue in.

Seriously, ranking up in CQC seems to be very easy from my perspective, if you can get to play at all. In the little I have actually been able to play, I've reached Rank 9 in no time and I'm itching to test out some new equipment I have unlocked.

The difference between PvP community and CQC community is that the PvP bullies don't deny it while CQC bullies actually pretend to be the good guys.

Hypocrisy is like cancer.

I can never play CQC too long, 'cause there's always one Big Guy(tm) who totally trashes everyone else. I suck anyway, but at least I can fight back against the other people.

In a few other games, I am probably the same thing. It's really fun to just be way better than everyone else.

People in a tournament aren't obliged to let you win. Just hope you get hooked up with people on your level. That's probably the only gripe I have with CQC, but bad matchmaking is a thing in all video games.

Yeah, that's a problem in most games, as you write. Usually the big guy leaves after a few rounds or is joined by other big guys and you become collateral as they focus on each other. It's not much fun for the big guy either to play without an equal opponent. Everybody I know would prefer to play against other big guys than against new player. But then, we can't choose the matchmaking. The unhappiness with the state goes both ways. The only exceptions I can think of is somebody who is after KD ratio, is grinding Elite and wants it fast for some reason and it's "open season" because of the leaderboards competition (which is the case right now).

Luckily CQC is a PvP arena.

There are some people who are verbal about being nice to noobs, funnily it's the same people who stomped on me or ganged up on me when I was a noob under the excuse that "I was hard to kill" (obviously I was constantly running away while being bullied). As long as you don't do better in the game than them you are safe. So it's all hypocrisy from my point of view.

I play fair, I'm fair to noobs. I don't pick on anyone unless I'm attacked persistently by someone. But then you have no right to complain really.

I felt the same when I was starting. Like I was picked up and stomped upon. For me it has changed when I met the other guy(s) on the Discord, we had a chat and a laugh together. It just completely reversed my point of view. From that moment on I was practically laughing when he(they) has blown me up. Ofc I do sometimes get fed up at some point, but it's waaaay further than before. I don't want to get into argument about whether veterans are or are not nice to noobs. From my point of view and from the people I know they do try to not focus on new players. The reason being they don't want to scare them away and they hope they'll stay and stick along in the long run. Of course there are cases when they just clean the lobby, for whatever reason. But I would say the general approach is to leave them be rather than pick up on them. You might have noticed that as soon as there are a few vets in the DM looby they usually go straight for TDM where they play against each other. That is by the way their preferred way of playing. They enjoy challenge, Veteran TDM is just a blast (and I am sure you know it). DM is just a staging ground.
Another thing that comes to mind is that when you started people were perhaps not so organized on the Discord? It seems you are referring to somebody from there.

Personally, I say let the bullies and cheaters gang up on me. My learning curve just goes off the charts because of them and I don't bend over for nobody.

I will just keep coming back.

My issue is with just getting to play in the first place. I mean seriously, there should be a limit to how much you can play without taking a break so others have a chance to join in.

There should be something that automatically boots idle players just clogging up the servers and a cueing system to let players that would like to join in have a chance.

Or, expand the servers to allow for more players to cue in.

Seriously, ranking up in CQC seems to be very easy from my perspective, if you can get to play at all. In the little I have actually been able to play, I've reached Rank 9 in no time and I'm itching to test out some new equipment I have unlocked.

Strange. I was under the impression that it's super-easy to get a match these days. Are we talking PC? Anyway, the best times to find a game are: EU evenings and early morning (corresponds to US late afternoon - evening). Plese do come and check out our CQC Discord. It was made exactly for this purpose - to let people find matches more easily and to give them a place to ask and socialize if that it what they want (Primary focus is on matchmaking). You'll usually see people announcing they are going to queue and/or starting a TDM.
It's just harder at this moment as vets have open season and they are killing everybody in order to get some points. I think it will be over in a week or two. Or come and join us in TDM and you'll get exploded just as much as anybody else.

The difference between PvP community and CQC community is that the PvP bullies don't deny it while CQC bullies actually pretend to be the good guys.

Hypocrisy is like cancer.

Salt? :D Chin up, man. :) If you wanna grief, now is a great time as with the competition going on, the gloves are off and vets are indeed shooting noobs too. Still preferring vet TDM though. Come and join us. I doubt anybody would focus you any more than anybody else.

I disagree. Noobs have hard life in CQC now. There are many vets in the arena playing regularly + squadron leaderboards. Some lonely noob doesn't stand a chance.

And @Sowelu I don't like TDM mode, it's broken, 9 in 10 the matchmaking fails. I kept telling you we should have joined as 2 squads of 4 full of elite players to fix it and have a great time, but you guys insisted on playing together with noobs too. That causes the unbalance, because 1 vet is often in team with 3 noobs vs 3 vets with 1 noob. Sorry, but that isn't great TDM for any side.

DM doesn't have that issue.

I'm not salty, we are just not on the same page + I don't pretend to be the good guy. When I play I kill everyone (I'm pretty sure Aaskar and Steenpass have similar approach even though they don't verbally say it). It's the way the arena is meant to be played.

Besides I'm not interested in CQC discord, I don't get on with Glamis the admin, as you know.

Last edited:
Strange. I was under the impression that it's super-easy to get a match these days. Are we talking PC? Anyway, the best times to find a game are: EU evenings and early morning (corresponds to US late afternoon - evening). Plese do come and check out our CQC Discord. It was made exactly for this purpose - to let people find matches more easily and to give them a place to ask and socialize if that it what they want (Primary focus is on matchmaking). You'll usually see people announcing they are going to queue and/or starting a TDM.
It's just harder at this moment as vets have open season and they are killing everybody in order to get some points. I think it will be over in a week or two. Or come and join us in TDM and you'll get exploded just as much as anybody else.
I'm not playing on PC, I'm on through PS4. My PC at the moment won't handle it.

I have been on and trying to enter a match at all times of the day. It seems to be clogged 24/7. Day before yesterday I tried very persistently with the volume up so I could hear from the other room. I fell asleep next to it and took a three hour nap and still didn't get in. This was around 4 pm to around 7 pm here in the US.

With what little I have been able to play, has made a HUGE improvement in my regular game play.

What Discord channel do I need to look for? I will check it out and see if it helps.

Stat tracking and leaderboards are the bane of gameplay.
I mostly agree, I'd have to think about it a bit. I do think there should be a prominent ranking for current outstanding bounties, though, and every time a CMDR with a bounty jumps to a system with a working Nav beacon, that becomes their "last known location" -- also listed on the bounty board.

The reason a brand new pilot gets matched with a CQC Ace is because they happen to be one of the 4 people playing at any given time.

What bugs me, is when we finally get a full TDM lobby, they put all us hotshots on the same team, while new guys fumble their way through the match lol. Then they leave.

That said if you aren’t exactly a skilled PvP pilot in the main game— you probably aren’t going to be leading the boards in CQC right off the bat. The ships might be on a more equal level, but that’s not going to make everyone you meet a pushover.

As for the ship builds, nothing you unlock later on is super-OP compared to the base gear. As someone mentioned in another thread, they are more ‘side-grades’ than upgrades.

I even made it a point to go back to a base condor over complaints that my gear was better. It made no difference— CQC is more about situational awareness, controlling power ups.

You control the power ups, you control the game.

I disagree. Noobs have hard life in CQC now. There are many vets in the arena playing regularly + squadron leaderboards. Some lonely noob doesn't stand a chance.

And @Sowelu I don't like TDM mode, it's broken, 9 in 10 the matchmaking fails. I kept telling you we should have joined as 2 squads of 4 full of elite players to fix it and have a great time, but you guys insisted on playing together with noobs too. That causes the unbalance, because 1 vet is often in team with 3 noobs vs 3 vets with 1 noob. Sorry, but that isn't great TDM for any side.

DM doesn't have that issue.

I'm not salty, we are just not on the same page + I don't pretend to be the good guy. When I play I kill everyone (I'm pretty sure Aaskar and Steenpass have similar approach even though they don't verbally say it). It's the way the arena is meant to be played.

Besides I'm not interested in CQC discord, I don't get on with Glamis the admin, as you know.

We simply have different experience and prespective. I don't mean it in a bad way, just stating a fact. I am not saying you are wrong, I respect that you have a different opinion. Life as usual. :)

I'm not playing on PC, I'm on through PS4. My PC at the moment won't handle it.

I have been on and trying to enter a match at all times of the day. It seems to be clogged 24/7. Day before yesterday I tried very persistently with the volume up so I could hear from the other room. I fell asleep next to it and took a three hour nap and still didn't get in. This was around 4 pm to around 7 pm here in the US.

With what little I have been able to play, has made a HUGE improvement in my regular game play.

What Discord channel do I need to look for? I will check it out and see if it helps.

However PS4 are the least active. I recommend you go through older posts in the PS4 channel and try to contact the players that were looking for games. I also think there a group assemblying outside of CQC. Not sure about the details, I think it's some sort of PS4 social node. Hope you find players!

The reason a brand new pilot gets matched with a CQC Ace is because they happen to be one of the 4 people playing at any given time.

What bugs me, is when we finally get a full TDM lobby, they put all us hotshots on the same team, while new guys fumble their way through the match lol. Then they leave.

That said if you aren’t exactly a skilled PvP pilot in the main game— you probably aren’t going to be leading the boards in CQC right off the bat. The ships might be on a more equal level, but that’s not going to make everyone you meet a pushover.

As for the ship builds, nothing you unlock later on is super-OP compared to the base gear. As someone mentioned in another thread, they are more ‘side-grades’ than upgrades.

I even made it a point to go back to a base condor over complaints that my gear was better. It made no difference— CQC is more about situational awareness, controlling power ups.

You control the power ups, you control the game.

I completely, 100%, agree!!!

We simply have different experience and prespective. I don't mean it in a bad way, just stating a fact. I am not saying you are wrong, I respect that you have a different opinion. Life as usual. :)

I may join one of your TDMs sometimes, but it will likely frustrate me again, as it always does.

I find the PC CQC folks are great, I don’t do that discord thing so dunno if they are talking to each other (is that what it does, never worked it out!). The whole point of getting good, against the odds, at something is the huge satisfaction achievement brings. Tell you something else, there’s people who have played only weeks who are better than me (been playing years and I really am terrible, rigght folks!), so don’t knock it, enjoy it, don’t take it seriously and have a blast at getting blown up for giggles.
I can’t seem to find a game on my Xbox these days, there used to be a set night for that, is it still going?
Anyway, I recognise a lot of the CMDRs on this thread and they have all been fair players and a good craic,
See you in the arena ... I hate the ice fields one.

I find the PC CQC folks are great, I don’t do that discord thing so dunno if they are talking to each other (is that what it does, never worked it out!). The whole point of getting good, against the odds, at something is the huge satisfaction achievement brings. Tell you something else, there’s people who have played only weeks who are better than me (been playing years and I really am terrible, rigght folks!), so don’t knock it, enjoy it, don’t take it seriously and have a blast at getting blown up for giggles.
I can’t seem to find a game on my Xbox these days, there used to be a set night for that, is it still going?
Anyway, I recognise a lot of the CMDRs on this thread and they have all been fair players and a good craic,
See you in the arena ... I hate the ice fields one.

Did a little digging in our Xbox channel and I came up with this:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/cqc-tuesday-xbox.323951/

Not sure if it's still working though.
Also, I saw some activity in Xbox channel last Saturday. Guys apparently had some games.

As for the Discord in general, it allows you to text chat, post images, links and voice chat. And it's free.
In our particular discord channel (link in my signature), people set their timezone and platform and are free to join and/or organize as they see fit. The only rule is to be polite. The main focus is to make it easy and convenient for people to find buddies to play with. You can also socialize if that's what you like.

That's the one, thanks! Will try the discord thing tomorrow and try the xbox cqc Tuesday too...waiting on a new extension with tv and pc set up for both platforms, builders just told me about three more weeks so am still on shared tv and crap laptop! Thats not an excuse for my poor performance mind you, I am just hopeless at CQC, perhaps joining up discord I might get some tuition. either way its still a scream and a welcome break from my commander's big exploration voyage.
Thanks all
Moc

I can never play CQC too long, 'cause there's always one Big Guy(tm) who totally trashes everyone else. I suck anyway, but at least I can fight back against the other people.

In a few other games, I am probably the same thing. It's really fun to just be way better than everyone else.

People in a tournament aren't obliged to let you win. Just hope you get hooked up with people on your level. That's probably the only gripe I have with CQC, but bad matchmaking is a thing in all video games.

When i'm in a game like that i focus my fire on that guy. Get a few weaker players doing that and the hunter becomes the hunted ;)

That's the one, thanks! Will try the discord thing tomorrow and try the xbox cqc Tuesday too...waiting on a new extension with tv and pc set up for both platforms, builders just told me about three more weeks so am still on shared tv and crap laptop! Thats not an excuse for my poor performance mind you, I am just hopeless at CQC, perhaps joining up discord I might get some tuition. either way its still a scream and a welcome break from my commander's big exploration voyage.
Thanks all
Moc

I was glad to help. And good luck!
Also, I saw some people do exactly what you wrote. CQC as a break from exploration. It's perfect since you don't lose or risk anything and you don't have to go back to bubble to get some laser-shooting action.

Top Bottom