SRV instancing still broken. **Fixed as of 3.3 (1.27 PS)**

I’m really aiming this toward FDev, as most players are aware of the issue.

Three players cannot meet each other, on a planet surface. The game Blue Screen of Deaths, every time.
Theee players.
This has been a documented issue since the new guardian sites, tickets have been raised and a decent sized thread of other commanders complaints, logged in the bugs forum. Yet, in the bugs forum, this issue isn’t even listed as a ‘known issue’.

Lloyd, can we please get some feedback on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lloyd Morgan-Moore

Producer
Frontier
Hi everyone, I assume you're all experiencing a crash like this one?

I've just added a response there, but I'll leave it here too to save you a click:

Just to confirm; we have the details of this issue, it is logged internally and we are looking into it. When the game is crashing is it giving you the option of adding your own text to the report? Apologies if I've asked this before about this bug, I just want to confirm some things that will help us on our end.

That’s the one, yes, thanks Lloyd.
It does give us an option to include a comment on the Sony blue screen, but nowhere else. Is there something you’d like us to put in that comment field?

Hi everyone, I assume you're all experiencing a crash like this one?

I've just added a response there, but I'll leave it here too to save you a click:

Just to confirm; we have the details of this issue, it is logged internally and we are looking into it. When the game is crashing is it giving you the option of adding your own text to the report? Apologies if I've asked this before about this bug, I just want to confirm some things that will help us on our end.

Hi Lloyd, in addition to the PS4 reports I also want to confirm that:

1 - This does not happen on the PC. The last two Sunday nights we had a wing of four in SRVs without issues.

2 - This ALWAYS happens on the XBOX with 3 or more SRVs ever since 3.0 came out. I already submitted three reports with links to three different videos showing this happening, and it also happened in our livestream two weeks ago:

https://youtu.be/-u-CtE4MgVk?t=1h57m19s

Hope you guys are able to fix it - I truly miss using SRVs with friends on the XBOX.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
That’s the one, yes, thanks Lloyd.
It does give us an option to include a comment on the Sony blue screen, but nowhere else. Is there something you’d like us to put in that comment field?

I always tend to fill it in with details of the crash, I have not tried this specific issue for a while but it was always crashing with 3 or more SRVs in the same instance planet side for me since 3.0 on the PS4.

Lloyd Morgan-Moore

Producer
Frontier
For this particular crash could you add the comment "Planet Surface SRV" on the PS4 blue reporting screen please? We will know exactly which one it is at a glance then and any crash dumps are always useful even if we are already working on a bug [up]

Getting lots of reports of the PS4 crashing as the guys are meeting up for the Small worlds 3 expedition.

And still an hour until the expected peak meet-up on T Tauri A1A

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Getting lots of reports of the PS4 crashing as the guys are meeting up for the Small worlds 3 expedition.

And still an hour until the expected peak meet-up on T Tauri A1A

Hopefully they all reported it as Lloyd suggested via the blue screen....

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Lloyd, just posted another blue screen, same issue, on the PS4 anniversary meet. 'Planet Surface SRV' with error code CE-38700-8 any hope this is fixed tomorrow?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what that error code stands for? I find it interesting how framerate gets slower and slower before BSOD. It feels like a race condition or an array populating routine that never exits, thus rapidly using up all the memory.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Does anyone know what that error code stands for? I find it interesting how framerate gets slower and slower before BSOD. It feels like a race condition or an array populating routine that never exits, thus rapidly using up all the memory.

No, its not on the Sony site with any information, GT Sport apparently has it in online games, which is totally fixable by playing offline for them (well its not a fix, its a work around). So appears to be network.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
No mention of it being fixed in the patch notes. :(

Oh boy, this is not good, not good, nope...

Apparently something similar on the Xbox too.

Oh no! It's not listed as fixed :-(

Same thing happens on XBOX!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/415239-Game-crashes-when-Three-SRVs-meet

The above is my first bug report of three that also included links to videos of it happening, so there's no question it is a huge bug PREVENTING three or more friends from using SRVs together.

I hope they fixed this but just forgot to put it in the patch notes?

Somebody at Frontier isn't doing their job - considering that the patch notes were posted at the very last second, it might be the guy / girl who writes these notes. I'm cool with that, as patch notes don't affect my gameplay. If, however, it's the team responsible for fixing bugs that are failing to do their jobs, then somebody needs a serious lecture or even a pink slip, because this crap (bugs going unfixed) has been happening on the PS4 since 2.4 dropped.

Top Bottom