SRV loot transfer buried too far in the UI.

The #1 thing I do at my ship with SRV is board ship. Which is easy to access in the UI. This is fine.

The #2 thing is drop off my whopping TWO units of cargo that the SRV can carry. This requires:
  • opening screen 4
  • tabbing to inventory (pressing Q/E multiple times)
  • then going through the cargo to filters
  • then going to transfer
  • then scrolling UP the ENTIRE list of cargo
  • THEN hitting "transfer all".
And then confirm it.

Then... if you want to scoop more stuff off the planet, you go get it, and repeat the ENTIRE process for every pair of canisters.

Who designed this UI? ...I just want to talk to them. Really.

(Bad enough that picking up ANYTHING, ANYWHERE notifies pirates in every system you enter, apparently. Pick up an escape pod, or random cargo on a planet, and pirates go "tHe rUmoUrs WeRE TRue!1!" - really, the rocks are gossiping now?)

Didn't it used to be that SRV cargo transfered automatically to the ship when you docked? Or are you talking about transferring without docking, that was always a pain? If it's buried that deep wouldn't it be quicker to simply dock/undock?

Didn't it used to be that SRV cargo transfered automatically to the ship when you docked? Or are you talking about transferring without docking, that was always a pain? If it's buried that deep wouldn't it be quicker to simply dock/undock?
It does transfer automatically, but what if you find a bunch of cargo (6-8) on a planet, and want to snag it?

Burial is exactly the problem. You scoop 2 units, then do the whole sequence to drop it off. Scoop 2 more, another sequence. The irritating part is, it's only slightly faster to transfer cargo than it is to dock entirely and relaunch. And the SRV cargo is only 2, there's STILL only one type of SRV.

There's a keybind to dismiss your ship or jettison all cargo (?). Dismiss/recall is perfectly fine in the role panel, and WHY would people jettison cargo that frequently? Yet- no keybind to drop cargo off into the ship, which is the ONLY good way of getting it off the planet. (You can technically scoop, but... just no.)

It does transfer automatically, but what if you find a bunch of cargo (6-8) on a planet, and want to snag it?

I suspect the problem is so few players use it. One of the design features of UI's is that seldom used features are buried deeper in the menu structure, I guess not many people actually do that. However a good UI will take that into account and allow for the attaching of commands you personally use often to a hot menu of some sort, I don't think FDEV have a really experienced UI designer working for them, it seems to be part and parcel of general programming, which is never a good idea because some people are really hopeless at designing UI's!

Hmm, I don't have a problem with this, but I don't go SRVing when my ship has a massive load of varied cargo. But it's the same interface as with carriers, doesn't it go to the top automatically?

Top Bottom