Stadia is annoying

Deleted member 110222

D
Fun fact. If a PC game plays on Stadia, that means the game in question can only get patches every two weeks. Basically console certification.

Source: ESO went from patch every week to patch every two weeks when it launched on Stadia.

Markarth released not long ago and broke a lot of the game. We only get a patch on Monday as that's when the two week cooldown for Stadia ends.

I am really losing respect for Stadia gamers as the platform has serious ramifications for people who don't use it.

Stadia was a dead platform before it was even launched.
Their business model is abolutely unbelievable (Paying a subscription AND full price of the games while actually NOT owning the games is just a minboggling arsehattery), the user experience is... sub-optimal, to put it lightly (server blackouts are on a daily basis everywhere outside the major cities and the latency is horrifying) and it seems that they pick up the torch of "the one who hinders the progress and game development" after consoles.
Oh, and their controllers are garbage. Chinese knock-offs or a PS3 controller have better quality than this thing.

I've been offered a free trial and managed to suffer through two days representing a couple of hours of AC Odyssey before giving feedback and returning/uninstalling everything.
I really can't imagine a single instance where Stadia would be a good option for gaming. Not "the best". Just "good".

So yeah. I really hope they'll pull the plug as soon as possible and stop meddling with things they can't handle.
I miss the days when Google was just for finding stuff.

It's not been anything I was ever interested in trying. Seems like attery for sure. But then I suppose I'm not its target market.

I have no doubt they will press on with it though.

Deleted member 110222

D
We got our patch! It fixed nothing!

In fact, one of the new bosses, which had a workaround to fix a bug, only had the workaround fixed!

Two more weeks and we might finally get to battle the voidmother!

Why would anyone get Stadia at all?
The best argument I saw for Stadia is that you could write a seriously huge multiplayer game for it, since all instances of the game would be running on the same backbone infrastructure. Think Elite with 100s of players sharing the same instance, and no lag or stuttering! I could also see Stadia for a game like Microsoft Flight Simulator, where slight delays between control input and what you see on the screen are more forgivable, and where you really do need serious hardware to max out all settings. Of course, all of this is based on the promise rather than the reality of Stadia. Me personally, I would never invest in anything Google, seeing how they abandon their own work on a regular basis.

Top Bottom