Staff buildings since update!

Hi wondered if anyone can help. Prior to the update guests would say they didn't like staff buildings but now it comes up as a zoo issue. I have put walls around them and tried to hide as best possible!
Any tips or ideas since the new update will be great!

Add more scenery to the building to decrease the radius.
If you only use 4 walls, the scenery rating isnt high enough to reduce the negative impact.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hiya, how do you mean it comes up as a Zoo issue? Could you please attach a screenshot if possible to show us what you mean :)?

In terms of the update, the only thing that we changed is the negativity radius; so by adding more scenery and getting a building's scenery rating up, you can decrease the negativity.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Yeah il post later when I go back on the game. Previous to the update I would only see negative comments about buildings from clicking on guests ect now it comes on the icon on left where animal, power, accessibility issues, zoo pricing ect.
It will be clearer in a image.
I will try to ad more stuff around the walls I put up

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I think @Quinndog82 means that there is now a new alert saying "facility with bad influence on many guests" or something in that sense. Previously, there was no such alert, but only the guest's thoughts (and the heatmap of course). :)

I will try to ad more stuff around the walls I put up.

Foliage also seems to improve the scenery rating, so some trees and decoration should work!

Foliage also seems to improve the scenery rating, so some trees and decoration should work!

Yep. I think walls and roofs do less with scenery rating, than foliage and decoration pieces.
Would like it if someone from Frontier could confirm there is a difference between pieces used.

I remember we had a golden chest in Planet Coaster (which costed 10.000 to place), that had a bigger influence (I mean really big) on scenery rating compared to trees and plants.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Yep. I think walls and roofs do less with scenery rating, than foliage and decoration pieces.
Would like it if someone from Frontier could confirm there is a difference between pieces used.

I remember we had a golden chest in Planet Coaster (which costed 10.000 to place), that had a bigger influence (I mean really big) on scenery rating compared to trees and plants.

Roofs, walls, and building pieces do have an effect on the Scenery Rating, but it won't be as much as more decorative pieces, like foliage, sculptures, or signs. As a good rule of thumb: the more expensive the item, the higher its effect on Scenery Rating.

Roofs, walls, and building pieces do have an effect on the Scenery Rating, but it won't be as much as more decorative pieces, like foliage, sculptures, or signs. As a good rule of thumb: the more expensive the item, the higher its effect on Scenery Rating.

Thanks Bo For confirming my suspicions.

Thank you for the replies!
So basically on any staff building after adding walls ect you add decorations, sculptures, signs, trees and plants to the building and this helps!?
I added the original staff buildings that are themed from facilities earlier and they still getting negative messages!

You can click on the building and it will tell you how much decoration rating you have (your should aim for 100%). Even if you have 100% it will still only reduce the negative radius by 50%. You can go into the heatmap and check "negative impact on guests" to see how big the radius of each building is. Even with 100% decor, you still can't have the buildings too close to guest paths, or it will create a negative impact on them

Keep in mind you can not hide a staff building, only reduce the radius that guest will be bothered by it. With 100% scenery rating you can reduce the radius by 50%.

Cheers again for the advice. Any advice on placing staff buildings as I usually build them as part of a habitat so they are close enough for staff to get too or now I look to put them at the other side of habitats!

Top Bottom