Stairs,tunnels,dark rides,water rides,parking lots

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there are as many people worried about this as there are. I will state it again, if you review the videos we have seen already, review what Frontier has stated already and review the Q&A session that is posted, it is VERY clear that we don't have to worry about this being like Thrillville...

I'm surprised there are as many people worried about this as there are. I will state it again, if you review the videos we have seen already, review what Frontier has stated already and review the Q&A session that is posted, it is VERY clear that we don't have to worry about this being like Thrillville...
Did they even ever proudly said they were the creators of Thrillville?

Everybody also has to remember that Thrillville was a console and hand-held based game, never released on PC. That, in-turn, was part of the reason behind the building limitations of the game, given it had to port to hand-held devices as well, which would be a pain in the *bleep* to try and build path systems on, let alone theme and construct complex areas.

Last edited:
Everybody also has to remember that Thrillville was a console and hand-held based game, never released on PC. That, in-turn, was part of the reason behind the building limitations of the game, given it had to port to hand-held devices as well, which would be a pain in the *bleep* to try and build path systems on, let alone theme and construct complex areas.
Not just that, it was developed in mind that it should be a straight forward, easy to play game for kids to understand. RCT3 wasn't really that focused on kids but also had more advanced tools under the hood for the more mature rollercoaster designers.

Not just that, it was developed in mind that it should be a straight forward, easy to play game for kids to understand. RCT3 wasn't really that focused on kids but also had more advanced tools under the hood for the more mature rollercoaster designers.

That and it was a PC-based game, able to take advantage of the resources and control schemes of a PC.

I'm not sure if it was due to the technology back then with RCT3, but I remember having trouble with stairs and raised paths. Sometimes the next piece would not line up, and would go to the ground level. Very frustrating indeed. That and doing floors and roofs was my biggest issues.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it was due to the technology back then with RCT3, but I remember having trouble with stairs and raised paths. Sometimes the next piece would not line up, and would go to the ground level. Very frustrating indeed. That and doing floors and roofs was my biggest issues.
Oh man, the nightmare of raising the ground up for just 1 centimeter and it would f*** up the entire layout of the park. Paths would disconnect from each other, people get confused and you cannot build a new path over it... [mouth shut]

Here is the screenshot from the tunnel RyanMnM did mention:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151030/mbhekhno.png

So i would say tunnels are somewhat confirmed :D

What i also thought to be pretty cool is that you can build paths through some of the attractions where it makes sense:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151030/b3vkriqy.png

May be it is just a short roller coaster where it is natural to build paths underneaths it, but this disc-o type of ride is usually fixed size, so it may be just a "plop-in" attraction. Anyway all attractions seem to integrate themselves very nicely into the environment.
How did you find it. [squeeeeee]

I don't think that is an actual park in the picture, but more a placeholder model, until the construction mechanics are completed.

Last edited:

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I enjoyed both Thrillville games because if you play them for what they are, they are fun games. Frontier made RCT3 so anything like this being like Thrillville would be backwards. Thrillville had build areas, from these Planet Coaster videos and such you can see that is not the case here so I think we can hit the nail on the head there.

As for curved paths, it's never been a necessity for me because you can block areas in with plazas and things, I think we will have them, I've just never begged the need.

Bottom line on Planet Coaster is creativity needed, restrictions will always be in place but so long as they are not severe then it will be fine. We'll find out soon no doubt, but I firmly trust Frontier will bring us a game that we will fall in love with, they know they can make cracking games. The fact that RCT3 is still going strong is a statement of that, I know people make custom content and things, I like some of it but I still mainly use in game content, in fact I have no custom in my game files at this moment.

Like I said, Bottom line on Planet Coaster is creativity!

John Laws confirmed curved paths with creating your own width, and that you could create similar paths to disney parks (someone posted an aerial photo as an example for the question and he said you could accomplish similar things).
About curved stairs. while some parks do, indeed have stairs (in queues mostly), most patchs they have are flat or ramps so people in wheelchairs can have easy access. I read on on of my imagineer books they had to redesign some concept arts of toontown for the final version becuase the paths went all wobbly with stairs and bumps, and that would be a problem to people in wheelchairs.

John Laws confirmed curved paths with creating your own width, and that you could create similar paths to disney parks (someone posted an aerial photo as an example for the question and he said you could accomplish similar things).
About curved stairs. while some parks do, indeed have stairs (in queues mostly), most patchs they have are flat or ramps so people in wheelchairs can have easy access. I read on on of my imagineer books they had to redesign some concept arts of toontown for the final version becuase the paths went all wobbly with stairs and bumps, and that would be a problem to people in wheelchairs.
Well true, if PC actually puts people in wheelchairs. But even in real life, people with disabilities face hurdles. Will PC also have braille signs for blind guests. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but realistic. Besides we're talking about a game, and you could just as easily do a ramp nearby.

Besides when I was thinking of curved steps, I was thinking of a half circle patio or overlook. Partially more for user scenery than as part of a line cue.

Last edited:
Well true, if PC actually puts people in wheelchairs. But even in real life, people with disabilities face hurdles. Will PC also have braille signs for blind guests. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but realistic. Besides we're talking about a game, and you could just as easily do a ramp nearby.

Besides when I was thinking of curved steps, I was thinking of a half circle patio or overlook. Partially more for user scenery than as part of a line cue.

I understand what you are asking for, and i really want stairs like that also. Was just only adding that usual main paths dont have any type of stairs. It doesnt matter if there are or are not people on weelchairs, so i dont know why you compared it to a game having braille signs for NPC characters that dont need anything like that and would clearly be a waste of AI resources (at the end of the day we are talking about a game), as i was only talking what happens in real life and why there are not a lot of stairs normally on theme parks.
Still as you said, I would like to have those types of stairs so I can recreate real life buildings.

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
All these talks of stairs just remind me of Phantasia Land... SO MANY STAIRS!

I can't see the game not having stairs in general.

Of course the thought that went through my noggin, was nice sit down areas with smooth rock steps curving to the left and/or right. Not peppering the park with stairs, unless you want to. Maybe have curved ramps as well.

Last edited:
It's kinda interesting how many of y'all just saw stairs, and not see CURVED.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom