News Standard Beta Release Trailer

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Very nice!

I especially like 24-25 seconds, and 1:19-1:20 seconds...

Just out of interest, the commanders mentioned in the trailer (by my reckoning: Xavier, Taylor, Brewer, Daisy Hal, Reese, and Cordelia Connors) - are they all Frontier Developments commanders?

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
Really nice. Love the look of the vipers and was that mines it dropped to destroy the Eagle. Shaping up beautifully. :D

After watching the trailer of the Beta, I went to the official site to try to know more about the minimum requirements necessary to play this game. But after seeing them, all I can say is I am heartbroken! :( my PC requirements are not even close of what is necessary to play Elite Dangerous:

-CPU: Intel Core i3-2120

-Memory: 8GB

HD: 500 GB

-Windows 8

I still need to buy a graphics card, but after reading the minimum requirements, I seriously doubt that any kind of graphics card can help my PC to run this (awesome) game...:( x10

After watching the trailer of the Beta, I went to the official site to try to know more about the minimum requirements necessary to play this game. But after seeing them, all I can say is I am heartbroken! :( my PC requirements are not even close of what is necessary to play Elite Dangerous

After "make do" with pre-previous hardware throughout the last ten years (including the time I played WoW at 15-18 FPS), ED was the game that made me buy an all-new, current-generation rig again. i7-4770, GTX 770, 8 GB RAM -- I'm set for the next ten years. :cool:

Great video but the music is not so great, come on FD drag yourself away from fifties war film music, tastes have moved on even for us oldies and this one likes a bit of trance and dubstep :D

After watching the trailer of the Beta, I went to the official site to try to know more about the minimum requirements necessary to play this game. But after seeing them, all I can say is I am heartbroken! :( my PC requirements are not even close of what is necessary to play Elite Dangerous:

-Windows 8

I still need to buy a graphics card, but after reading the minimum requirements, I seriously doubt that any kind of graphics card can help my PC to run this (awesome) game...:( x10

I think you'll be fine with just the addition of a modest graphics card.

-Windows 8

Ok, CPU - fast, but two cores. FD won't put any restrictions regarding this, but four cores are recommended. Still, it's enough beefy so I think it will run game just fine :)

Yeah, and all you need is just descent graphics card. Nothing too fancy, but anything up from GTX 550 is looking good. GTX 660 - 760 will give you solid around 60 fps performance with max settings.

It is easy to you to say that, Vander Mey jr. Here in Brazil, a pc like yours (or with the minimum requirementes necessary to run Elite Dangerous) would cost a small fortune! There is no way to me to buy a PC like that any time soon. I would need to save money for maybe four or five years until to be able to buy such machine - and that if I am lucky enough to do that! :(

I think you'll be fine with just the addition of a modest graphics card.

Ok, CPU - fast, but two cores. FD won't put any restrictions regarding this, but four cores are recommended. Still, it's enough beefy so I think it will run game just fine :)

Yeah, and all you need is just descent graphics card. Nothing too fancy, but anything up from GTX 550 is looking good. GTX 660 - 760 will give you solid around 60 fps performance with max settings.

Thank you Rog and Pecisk! :smilie: I was almost losing my hope! I will try to buy the graphics card you have recommended, but what about NVidia?:S I hear that their graphics card are good.

Thank you Rog and Pecisk! :smilie: I was almost losing my hope! I will try to buy the graphics card you have recommended, but what about NVidia?:S I hear that their graphics card are good.

Geforce GTX is Nvidia brand, so yeah, Nvidia is recommended :) If you look up some good offers, don't be afraid to ask us how does your chosen models perform ED.

Geforce GTX is Nvidia brand, so yeah, Nvidia is recommended :) If you look up some good offers, don't be afraid to ask us how does your chosen models perform ED.

I'll do that as soon as possible!:D Man, I already tasting the air aboard Azeban City... and it REEKS!!! cof! cof! cof! :eek:

Oh...that was my dog!:eek:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom