Standard Scenarios vs Community Creations

I wonder how the DEVs plan to impress us with their map making skills in scenario mode, compared to the already impressive community creations [big grin] Mt Rushmore and the floating island are cool, but this is the part of the game I'm most excited to find out more details on! How will the campaign mode work? What kind of objectives does Frontier have planned? I want to see a map that is made up of several floating islands. Heres some objective ideas I just came up with for fun:

- Construct an entire park within the crater of a giant volcano

- Build an entire park inside of a building which has a small build area (but can be built high into the air)

- Build across a large bridge over the water

- Carry 5,000 guests into your park using transport stations (no land reaches the entrance/exit gates)

- Build a boat docking station on top of a waterfall and place the exit at the bottom

- Capture/remove 1000 vandals from an old run down park before renovating it

- Create a coaster through the mouth of a dragon/creature

- Local schools have asked for a "kid friendly" family park (limited in what rides are allowed)

- Create two coasters that pass through a certain area of the park like right over the park entrance

- Create a coaster that passes under a water fall

- Guests are complaining about whiplash on your coaster, consider trying to improve it.

what other kind of objectives would you like to see?

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Slightly off topic but i hope there will be a scenario creator as i always want the best of 2 worlds :

- Sandbox has unlimited money and thus no real money system.
- Scenario's most oftehn have limited rides/land/whatever.

I always liked to have the sandbox game with a limited amount of money. So i have access to everything and all the maximum map size, but still have a working money system.

Hopefully we have this option as well.

Brett C

Frontier
Well RCT3 had one so I hope PC does too [up]

RCT3 is a whole different beast compared to our newer game Planet Coaster. Everything in PC is being coded from scratch. So what might be in RCT3 might not be in PC, or.. it might be in PC but improved compared to the decade old code for RCT3. :)

Hopefully they will make the scenarios fun and challenging with enough diversity to avoid them becoming too repetitive or boring whilst rewarding creativity.

A few ideas:

- A no building above tree height scenario (aka Alton Towers)
- No terraforming on a map with difficult terrain
- Pokey/Dinky/Micro Park has to make a return
- A water map with lots of islands and make it expensive to raise land

The code of RCT3 is obviously still good as a good many people are still playing it today. It would be a bad mistake not to include everything from RCT3. All you have to do is just to improve upon it and take it to the next level. Although I do suspect that some of it will be problematic at best. Some things converting over to the new code and game engine might cause some problems, but then again, others might not be a problem at all. Hopefully it will all work out. This game definitely needs a ton more flatrides as it is very evident that there is the barest minimum at the moment. Overall, the game is shaping up to be very good. Can't wait to see what comes next! Keep up the good work!

RCT3 is a whole different beast compared to our newer game Planet Coaster. Everything in PC is being coded from scratch. So what might be in RCT3 might not be in PC, or.. it might be in PC but improved compared to the decade old code for RCT3. :)
Any hints or rumors about what some of the new objectives might possibly be? [big grin]

The code of RCT3 is obviously still good as a good many people are still playing it today. It would be a bad mistake not to include everything from RCT3. All you have to do is just to improve upon it and take it to the next level.

Just this [uhh] So simple to do [uhh]

comments like that make me wonder if you guys understand how coding and programming works. Its not like they are taking rct and adding to it, they are rebuilding everything from the ground up. its actually quite surprising how close they are making it play and feel like rct3... luckily as brett said, most things ARE being improved, but nothing is "just simple to do" [rolleyes]

Top Bottom