Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

You sure, ships were included in that new shiny persistence thing. According to CiG and assuming nothing goes wrong (a huge assumption) ships bought are ships to stay.
You’re not very likely to “buy ships”,if you can earn them in game like wot all other games do. They would need to move over to paid cosmetics or land claims or something equally worthless and charge over the odds for it,seems like a bit of a hard sell even for the CIG genius level marketing department.
So I think they’ll fall back on ship sales with a well timed wipe.

Todd Papy confirmed a month or so back that while they won't be wiping with every patch iteration, there will still be plenty of wipes during the alpha stage -- just at CIG's discretion.
They'll still keep persistence wipes up to deal with the already current and newly appearing exploits...you can also guarantee that should individuals start amassing enormous amounts of aUEC or ships, they'll wipe everyone back to a n00b suit again.

Latest PTU build already has serious issues..still random server freezes (not 30k errors) as well as NPC ships clipping into stations with alarming regularity. Last night, area 18 was invaded by half a dozen NPC ships clipped into corridors blocking all the exits from the habs...we had ships clipping into the trains, ships clipping into stair wells and almost every R&R station was beset by pirate ships clipping in and out of the structures.

Even planetary mining had it's share of pirate ships spawning under the planet surface. This is a newish desync bug for the 3.8.x branch...can't remember seeing it this bad previously, even some sounds are now desynced from relevant animations with up to a 5 second delay in some cases....all server side since everyone is experiencing the same thing.

Last edited:
Latest PTU build already has serious issues..still random server freezes (not 30k errors) as well as NPC ships clipping into stations with alarming regularity. Last night, area 18 was invaded by half a dozen NPC ships clipped into corridors blocking all the exits from the habs...we had ships clipping into the trains, ships clipping into stair wells and almost every R&R station was beset by pirate ships clipping in and out of the structures.
Sounds delightful, another patch to skip. Nothing to distract me from farming the last month of metamorph league hard for my woke skill gems. I was going to say that at least a database of player assets that shouldn't wipe is so simple to maintain and set up that even CiG couldn't possible mess it up but then I read stuff like this.

X is already in the game and don't you dare raising doubts. Until CIG says it's not, then it's OK and it was well known by those who follow closely the development.

A goon on SomethingAwful has looked at CIG's latest UK filing:

Including the CIG entities based in UK and Germany, that's one heck of a spider's web of companies involved in this project o_O

I haven't been playing much for the last few days...managed to rip to head off part of my right bicep making it a monocep and snapping most of the rotator cuff tendons in my right shoulder. The plough decided to detach itself from the PTO of my tractor as I was dropping the support leg and my arms took the brunt of it. It hurts a bit :(

Worst is...not a lot the scab lifters can do to fix it. Perhaps if I had been a world class tennis player or something...but as is, I'm left with an arm and a half. As long as I can still work a mouse, keyboard, Xbox controller and a HOTAS though I'll be fine :)
I liked that, but not an actual like, obvs. Get well soon!

Including the CIG entities based in UK and Germany, that's one heck of a spider's web of companies involved in this project o_O

What are you getting at? Perfectly normal for a company of such magnitude...:FUDster ^^

Totally normal. If you buy a ship you see wich company the money goes. Sometimes this company gets closed so have no legal rights to get your money back. That’s a company everyone wants to do business with or?

Latest Inside SC...

PTU has had it's first wipe with persistence enabled...seems to work OK. All they've done is move all the bought and previously equipped items over into your inventory...you still spawn in in a n00b suit but all the purchased armour, weapons and stuff are already stored in your equipment manager...same with the ships...they appear as bog standard but all the bits you've bought and had equipped will remain in inventory to be refitted. Earned in game aUEC balance is retained...

A bit of a pain having to refit everything but it's better than nowt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom