Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok!

“In this game design class, Will teaches you how to create games that empower players and unleash their imagination.”
What a chump. He obviously knows nothing about game design.

Let's improve on that:
“In this game design class, Chris teaches you how to unleash player wallets to empower your imagination by implying you create games.”

Not only unperturbed so far but in the opposite direction to the rest of the world´s economic meltdown.
not quite Madoffesque. But could be getting there. Especially if Covid-19 accepts Murphy's Law invite to his exclusive tea bagging party for the gaming industry this fall :LOL:

Ok!

“In this game design class, Will teaches you how to create games that empower players and unleash their imagination.”
What a chump. He obviously knows nothing about game design.

Let's improve on that:
“In this game design class, Chris teaches you how to unleash player wallets to empower your imagination by implying you create games.”
Will as in Will Wright the genius who birthed all things in the Sims universe and Spore too? Oh man. That guy's innovative pool of capital positively radiates genius incandescence.

Forgot about that great series he had on the web. Chris could genuinely learn from this guy as an industry pioneer. I'm still baffeled as to why the vets in the industry haven't tried reaching out to him to date. Specifically why none of his former mentors from his Origin days the likes of Lord British (aka Richard Garriot) haven't privately stepped in to counsel and save him from himself to date.

...Forgot about that great series he had on the web. Chris could genuinely learn from this guy as an industry pioneer. I'm still baffeled as to why the vets in the industry haven't tried reaching out to him to date....

I'm not.

They must know him well enough to know that he won't listen, can't be reasoned with, won't learn and absolutely can not be stopped. Not without the intervention of a Terminator. Puns intended.

Besides what respected industry vet would want to sully their reputation by getting involved?

Last edited:
Will as in Will Wright the genius who birthed all things in the Sims universe and Spore too? Oh man. That guy's innovative pool of capital positively radiates genius incandescence.

Forgot about that great series he had on the web. Chris could genuinely learn from this guy as an industry pioneer. I'm still baffeled as to why the vets in the industry haven't tried reaching out to him to date. Specifically why none of his former mentors from his Origin days the likes of Lord British (aka Richard Garriot) haven't privately stepped in to counsel and save him from himself to date.

Not really a good idea invoking Garriot considering what happened with SotA.

Not really a good idea invoking Garriot considering what happened with SotA.
Well, given

Garriott's first pitch/announcement of SoTA in 2013 (1 year after Chris) and

successful kickstarter fundraising: $1.9M from original Ultima series fan bois like me (who think Lord British = immortal) and

official game release: March 2018 v. CI which has yet to release anything SC related to date <--- SoTA released as a fully functional, highly interactive world with non grind RPG game play i.e. in spirit of classic Ultima series game play and

completely ignoring the F2P/online store developments to date

then

Yeah. No. :LOL:

Last edited:
Cross-posting one of my memes from the Fleet Carrier thread:

FXwPdUH.png

Well, given

Garriott's first pitch/announcement of SoTA in 2013 (1 year after Chris) and

successful kickstarter fundraising: $1.9M from original Ultima series fan bois like me (who think Lord British = immortal) and

official game release: March 2018 v. CI which has yet to release anything SC related to date <--- SoTA released as a fully functional, highly interactive world with non grind RPG game play i.e. in spirit of classic Ultima series game play and

completely ignoring the F2P/online store developments to date

then

Yeah. No. :LOL:

Garriott sold everything on to another company and the game got a compromised 3-star release though no?

I mean I guess he found an escape hatch and got some cash though, so maybe Chris would listen ;)

Honestly I get the impression Garriott doesn’t really like CR though. Even way back in the ‘make that pixel green’ talk with Spector he’s flinging the backhanded compliments out about Chris’s dictatorial style.

Add in the ‘how to patronise the son of a spaceman’ chat, and just... I dunno. I wouldn’t talk to CR... ;)

Source: https://youtu.be/fxxlrKlLO9g

Of course... But could he?
You know how he works: he always has the greatest blurry idea in his head but rarely he can deliver it. I guess in his head even cocktail mixing or floor mopping gameplay are challenging, awesome, flawless and deeply cinematic.

Garriott sold everything on to another company and the game got a compromised 3-star release though no?

I mean I guess he found an escape hatch and got some cash though, so maybe Chris would listen ;)

Honestly I get the impression Garriott doesn’t really like CR though. Even way back in the ‘make that pixel green’ talk with Spector he’s flinging the backhanded compliments out about Chris’s dictatorial style.

Add in the ‘how to patronise the son of a spaceman’ chat, and just... I dunno. I wouldn’t talk to CR... ;)

Source: https://youtu.be/fxxlrKlLO9g
At 1:40 really embarrassing. Chris attempts to sell and pontificate his psuedo scientific views about how COG motion works from perspective of Enders Game. Playing his role of the former good mentor, Garriott gently corrects Chris delusional understanding of how the COG is supposed to behave according to Newtonian mechanics. You can tell Chris realizes his inadvertent brainfart was nuttier than squirrel poo from the way his fingers kept betraying him o_O

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom