Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
38 million reached for 2019 and 29 days to go. Wow they might even push beyond 40 million. Absolute insanity for an Alpha at this stage. Looking forward to the financial report to find out how much their current deficit is. They said that they will share it at the end of this year.

38 million reached for 2019 and 29 days to go. Wow they might even push beyond 40 million. Absolute insanity for an Alpha at this stage. Looking forward to the financial report to find out how much their current deficit is. They said that they will share it at the end of this year.
About -20M. Also betting they won't share it, instead they'll wait until they are forced to, and even then they'll be late.

About -20M. Also betting they won't share it, instead they'll wait until they are forced to, and even then they'll be late.

My expectation is 5 to 10 mil.

We plan to publish a more comprehensive report that will also include 2018 US business activities at the end of the year.

Source: https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/annual-companies-house-report

They also said they'd release a full accounting and show their books if they didn't release something by (harhar) 2016. But I don't understand open development.

Guess you missed this. https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

How would they share the end of year result before end of the year? Audited, too, yes? Preferrably consolidated accounts, yes? Yeah, probably not - the shills have no idea what that means any way.
They're making it up as they go. The real numbers slink in the official filing. Probably not before 9 months have passed.

My expectation is 5 to 10 mil.

Based on what? Currently CI has over 500 employees, which would mean expenses nearing or over 60M a year (see the very report you posted, 460 employees = 48M spent, over 100k a person a year). 10 might be doable, to be fair (Citizens outperform themselves, sell their houses and SOs and get to 45M, while the total spent would be low-ball-ish at 55M), but I expect more, tbh.

Last night’s gaming session was great. Meet up with two other ED players, thinking we would shoot the S, at the expo. 3.5 hours later, I had to sign off to go to sleep. Thank you both for the awesome session. From Lord Pydus

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Some random thoughts after a few sessions during the CitCon free fly week:

-The nav map is atrocious. Really awful design. I can't believe how bad it is. Zooming in and out is a right pain in the rear. It's difficult to tell where you are and laying in a course is an exercise in frustration. Having a list of destinations would be preferable to this.
-Ships are, as always, beautiful. I flew in the 600i and was blown away by how stunningly gorgeous it is.
-That said, I could not exit the pilot's seat in the 600i as there was no context option to do so.
-Framerates are much improved. I still have a lot of stutters, though. Don't know if it's due to server issues or client side loading, but it happens too frequently and is jarring.
-I have no idea why CIG decided to implement caves at this stage. I took a mission to go find someone in a cave and got lost while exploring it, not to mention it was starting to make me ill given the restricted view you get with just your torch and all the up/down you're doing. Never found the person I was looking for and didn't want to try and find my way back out, so I logged.
-Planets are pretty, and I appreciate the seamless transition from space to the surface
-Travel times are insane. The only reason I can think why CIG have not corrected this is that they are trying to pad out the game and make it seem like the universe is bigger than it really is at the moment. It's just as bad planetside, too. Too many elevators and trams. If everything else were fixed in SC but the travel times I'd still give it a hard pass. Just like the meme says - "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
-Still way too many bugs, although this has improved since the last time I played.

The only reason I can think why CIG have not corrected this is that they are trying to pad out the game and make it seem like the universe is bigger than it really is at the moment.
Loading. While you fly for few minutes, assets are removed and replaced and inserted. This is the price for seamless loading, QT is just one big loading screen, even if seamless. Imagine if every loading strip in Half-Life was seamless, but the corridors in which the loading happens were ten or twenty times longer.

So if the 5:1 ratio for crowdfunding: publisher dollars is correct (as per CR), then Cloud Imperium has proportionally accrued over $1B (USD), without having to dole out anything for marketing, management demands, focus groups, etc. And yet there's no game.

Weird.

So if the 5:1 ratio for crowdfunding: publisher dollars is correct (as per CR), then Cloud Imperium has proportionally accrued over $1B (USD), without having to dole out anything for marketing, management demands, focus groups, etc. And yet there's no game.

Weird.

Here's something even crazier.
Roberts said publishers only put $12 from every $60 sale towards development, which would require 20.8M copies sold to allow for a development budget of $250M.

And it is only early days.

I sure hope they haven't completely saturated their target market so they can see a return on investments pledges, after a release.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Loading. While you fly for few minutes, assets are removed and replaced and inserted. This is the price for seamless loading, QT is just one big loading screen, even if seamless. Imagine if every loading strip in Half-Life was seamless, but the corridors in which the loading happens were ten or twenty times longer.

If that's the case then there's something seriously wrong with how they are handling it. Quantum travel times can range from a couple of minutes to fifteen or more. A)If a game needs fifteen minutes to load assets then it's broken. B)The different travel times for small and large ships suggest that it's not masking loading, else they'd all be equal. Rather it suggets that it's arbitrary.

Source: https://imgur.com/0P9YiWb

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom