Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Congratulations. You have discovered CI¬G's mission statement. :p

I take no pleasure in pointing out how awful it is, and how terrible the marketing lies have been since the get-go. I would dearly love SC to be all that and a bag of chips, but the reality is it's a broken tech demo whose primary gameplay loop is buying virtual spaceships for real money. I guess we'll all see what happens with a game with no budget ceiling and no set design that wants to be everything to everybody. If their current trajectory is any indication I think the end result is just going to be mediocre at best, and a complete disaster at worst. That's not to say people cannot and are not having fun with it. Certainly I've had some fun putzing around and doing Covalex delivery missions. It's not worth the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on it, imho.

Last edited:
Last night’s gaming session was great. Meet up with two other ED players, thinking we would shoot the S, at the expo. 3.5 hours later, I had to sign off to go to sleep. Thank you both for the awesome session. From Lord Pydus

Would those 2 ED players be Mole and Sovapid, our two resident player-posters? Because i'm struggling to understand why you would post this here publicly rather than just thank them directly.

Do you have any recordings of your great gaming session to share Lord Pedus? Why so coy with the names of these ED players? Forum rules are only against naming and shaming, not naming to thank.

Perhaps one of them recorded your great gaming session? Would be great to see this greatness!

Would those 2 ED players be Mole and Sovapid, our two resident player-posters? Because i'm struggling to understand why you would post this here publicly rather than just thank them directly.

Do you have any recordings of your great gaming session to share Lord Pedus? Why so coy with the names of these ED players? Forum rules are only against naming and shaming, not naming to thank.

Perhaps one of them recorded your great gaming session? Would be great to see this greatness!
Not me, I play on the EU servers....I've met a few E-D players now and then but folks often change handles for different games unlike me since I'm Mole or Mole HD in everything I play.

I did meet Rinzler the other night, had a brief chat... I've passed Harry Potter just the once flying into Lorville, been on the same server as OA and Yamiks as they were doing a stream (separately) but generally, unless folks mention in the chat they've played E-D, I wouldn't know....nor would I care very much since playing one or both is neither a qualification nor dismissal of the other. To be honest, I've met more E-D players (From Xbox or PC) in RDR2 online, Hellion or CoD than I ever have in SC.

There are a few folks who play both, some I meet with different handles who recognise me from the forum both on here and from the Xbox and PC E-D sections, others who keep the same handle between titles. Generally, it's exactly the same as playing E-D...99% of folks who ever played never came near the forum anyway, any more than folks playing SC inhabit Spectrum.

Apart from folks who occasionally chat on #Concierge (and who also play more than they type) on Spectrum I never recognise any names...I rarely visit Spectrum at all to be fair, the only instances are where someone has suggested in the game chat they left a message on #concierge...to check out whether I was actually concierge or not....I don't mention it in game or wear the fancy gold kit that's popular for the folks who generally trip over their disposable incomes on the way out the door. In the game chat....everybody seems to own an Idris or 2...like it's some ridiculous qualification to actually enjoy playing.

Last edited:
In the game chat....everybody seems to own an Idris or 2...like it's some ridiculous qualification to actually enjoy playing.
One can't have fun without Idris. Given that there is no game, one can safely pretend to have it.
Whether I'm talking about Idris or fun - well, pun intended.

I did run into an Elite player last night, but doubt it was jmp.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Not me, I play on the EU servers....I've met a few E-D players now and then but folks often change handles for different games unlike me since I'm Mole or Mole HD in everything I play.

I did meet Rinzler the other night, had a brief chat... I've passed Harry Potter just the once flying into Lorville, been on the same server as OA and Yamiks as they were doing a stream (separately) but generally, unless folks mention in the chat they've played E-D, I wouldn't know....nor would I care very much since playing one or both is neither a qualification nor dismissal of the other. To be honest, I've met more E-D players (From Xbox or PC) in RDR2 online, Hellion or CoD than I ever have in SC.

There are a few folks who play both, some I meet with different handles who recognise me from the forum both on here and from the Xbox and PC E-D sections, others who keep the same handle between titles. Generally, it's exactly the same as playing E-D...99% of folks who ever played never came near the forum anyway, any more than folks playing SC inhabit Spectrum.

Apart from folks who occasionally chat on #Concierge (and who also play more than they type) on Spectrum I never recognise any names...I rarely visit Spectrum at all to be fair, the only instances are where someone has suggested in the game chat they left a message on #concierge...to check out whether I was actually concierge or not....I don't mention it in game or wear the fancy gold kit that's popular for the folks who generally trip over their disposable incomes on the way out the door. In the game chat....everybody seems to own an Idris or 2...like it's some ridiculous qualification to actually enjoy playing.

Not surprising there is a big crossover between SC and ED players, although i would dare to suggest that ED players are a bit more realistic about what SC might actually be than others.

On the other hand, i have seen the odd (ex)-ED player proclaim SC is going to be the game that they thought ED was going to be.

One wonders if such people will ever learn. I mean, CR aside, CIG aside, put everything else aside, but will they learn the game that exists in their head will not, and can never not, exist.

I did run into an Elite player last night, but doubt it was jmp.

unknown.png

unknown.png

You see that!? You're a known ganker!

And (minor spoiler) but watching latest Watchmen episode, and i suspect you offer in your defense, the same defense Adrian Veidt offers in his defense during his trial.... a large raspberry.

excuse me but I find it difficult to believe you are an ED player. Judging by your posts history (1771 post exclusively in this subforum), to me you seem more like someone that is here to promote SC than an ED player.

Well you’re wrong. Go to page 3 of the Cutter owners group. You can see when I had my first 500,000. Credits!!!!

Or go to page 9 of the first SAG-A trip tread. Where I brought my B rated Conda with a 28LY jump range to the center.

Or page 1 of the Clipper page!!!

Or the start of Mobius group, as I was an original there.

Or the very first page of the fuel rates, where i volunteered

Young pups!!! Their everywhere!!!!

Well you’re wrong. Go to page 3 of the Cutter owners group. You can see when I had my first 500,000. Credits!!!!

Or go to page 9 of the first SAG-A trip tread. Where I brought my B rated Conda with a 28LY jump range to the center.

Or page 1 of the Clipper page!!!

Or the start of Mobius group, as I was an original there.

Or the very first page of the fuel rates, where i volunteered

Young pups!!! Their everywhere!!!!

sorry but I don't know what you are talking about

Not surprising there is a big crossover between SC and ED players, although i would dare to suggest that ED players are a bit more realistic about what SC might actually be than others.

On the other hand, i have seen the odd (ex)-ED player proclaim SC is going to be the game that they thought ED was going to be.

One wonders if such people will ever learn. I mean, CR aside, CIG aside, put everything else aside, but will they learn the game that exists in their head will not, and can never not, exist.
Personally, apart from RDR2 already fulfilling that unique 'just as I imagined and hoped it would be' spot in my head...I'm waiting to see if Cyberpunk 2077 does just the same... like most of the known world.

Generally and from experience, I would likely trust the game devs from R* or CDPR to produce a game that delivers an in game experience worthy of expectation...FDev... and more definitively Ci¬G...not so much ;)

Opinions may vary of course, since mine is purely subjective.

Last edited:
Gigglesnort:ROFLMAO:
CCN.com said:
Chances Are Things Won’t End Well
There are some signs that Star Citizens is doomed to be a massive failure. They’ve gone about raising funds with a great amount of zeal but have entirely failed to meet deadlines. On top of that, they didn’t stop at crowdfunding but got even more cash from a nearly $50 million investment.

Even if you ignore the issue of funding, the project seems to have been mismanaged and the company has acted childishly when faced with criticism, from threatening frivolous lawsuits that never materialized to changing their refund policy when things started going wrong. In general, the company and Christ Roberts, in particular, have acted in a highly unprofessional way.

Cloud Imperium cannot be trusted with the amount of money that they’ve managed to raise. From the way the project has been shaping up, it seems like this company cannot be trusted to run a child’s party, let alone a multi-million dollar video game project.

Personally, apart from RDR2 already fulfilling that unique 'just as I imagined and hoped it would be' spot in my head...I'm waiting to see if Cyberpunk 2077 does just the same... like most of the known world.

Generally and from experience, I would likely trust the game devs from R* or CDPR to produce a game that delivers an in game experience worthy of expectation...FDev... and more definitively Ci¬G...not so much ;)

Opinions may vary of course, since mine is purely subjective.

Don't you go ruining my narrative you damn yokel!

LMAO!!! Look at all the hate monkeys dancing around!

Yet, CIG keeps moving forward, slowly, but forward!

And thats why we ll never change our opinion, regardless what it might be. Critics are immediately haters or jealous and people seeing the "good things" are immediately called fanatics and cultists or shills.

Its about time SC releases to finally provide answers and stop this madness. The latest round of renewed vigor and rehashing of all the old lines is really tiresome. Lets hope 3.8 will be the gamechanger that fans think it ll be. Or let it finally be "90 days" and get this over with

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom