Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest the intended behaviour is to pre-emptively force new players to sign up with an org...which is as equally insidious in my book. There have been some really questionable decisions since that Admirals's club dinner and soire thing with the snake oil salesman...all of the attendees were major org players...and all of them made the point that Ci¬G weren't supporting org play to a greater extent...and old Chrissie boy likes the big spenders... who are predominantly orgs and not individual backers as is oft imagined on here. :cautious:

The whole place is stinking up with Eve in cockpits wannabes...
That doesnt sound good at all...... if this is the case, the problem CIG will have to contend with (going on ED details according to the devs as I understand it), it seems that those players who love playing in big guild type play, whilst being really vocal are actually not a majority....... The majority of players are actually either single players or a few mates playing together.
Now, forcing players hands and pushing them to get into a guild would maybe work if there were no other games and if games like this were the only type in town, but my guess is that a significant number of players if presented with the choice of guild up or play something else would do the latter.

Maybe guild players pay more money than lone wolves individually..... I dare say that is likely enough true to almost call it a fact.... but it is also a fact that they will make zero money from a player who has moved away from the game. IF when I do start playing I feel the game is forcing me to join a player guild/org or what ever you want to call it, I will definitely call it a day for Star Citizen. I am but 1 player so no loss to CIG but how many like me are there?

Good luck balancing a game with such disparate players states and wealth. Though they also have a mountain to climb to balance a game with the mess their ship roster is already. Though they will have hard time debugging all their micros systems that barely are aware of each others, and balance the 'Verse's economy across this.

Let's say the game launches.

I decide to get a basic package.

I enter the game. My first enouncer is with Org touts trying to get me to join their Org. Milsim jerkwads standing around saluting officers in their Org. Landing pads full of Org ships, nowhere to spawn my poor lone ship (remember, thousands of people on a server!) People saying if i don't join their org i'll be destroyed (come on, its going to happen, we've seen some pitiful attempts like this in ED as well where people can just laugh it off and switch mode). I head to a terminal with my pitiful starting credits to buy somehting but discover the orgs have bought everything on the market to fill their Hull E's or whatever. Now i have to wait for an immersion time in the hope that i can get a box of anything. Finally i get a box, and finally a landing pad is free and can spawn a ship. I proudly walk to my ship, box in hands. I hestiantly take off, eager to head out into the 'verse and make a profit. Then some jerk pad rams me while sending through the comms "git gud". I uninstall.

Hi
So I just read the following

it seems far more convoluted than it needs to be. I get aUEC - its alpha etc etc, so IF they were giving you loads of aUEC - more than the actualy amount of UEC you will get at launch that would make sense, but it seems to be completely the opposite of that.

on top of that REC makes even less sense.. am i reading that right? the game has an entirely separate currancy for when you want to rent a ship? why not merge that with UEC (or aUEC if they do not want arena commander to earn in game money officially once the game goes live?)

i know i am an outsider to the game so perhaps it all makes sense once you play for a few hrs - which is ok if it does - but it all seems counter intutive to me.

Let's say the game launches.

I decide to get a basic package.

I enter the game. My first enouncer is with Org touts trying to get me to join their Org. Milsim jerkwads standing around saluting officers in their Org. Landing pads full of Org ships, nowhere to spawn my poor lone ship (remember, thousands of people on a server!) People saying if i don't join their org i'll be destroyed (come on, its going to happen, we've seen some pitiful attempts like this in ED as well where people can just laugh it off and switch mode). I head to a terminal with my pitiful starting credits to buy somehting but discover the orgs have bought everything on the market to fill their Hull E's or whatever. Now i have to wait for an immersion time in the hope that i can get a box of anything. Finally i get a box, and finally a landing pad is free and can spawn a ship. I proudly walk to my ship, box in hands. I hestiantly take off, eager to head out into the 'verse and make a profit. Then some jerk pad rams me while sending through the comms "git gud". I uninstall.
Yeah I am beginning to fear this could be the case as well.... .My hope is now pretty much riding on this :-

It may be that CIG are down playing this at the moment as they want to get as much money as they can from the EVE type players.... but it does appear that private servers are gonna be a thing - even if they are not currently talkiing about it - otherwise surely selling a guide which they have zero interest in ever delivering from would be an easy win of a law suit that even I could win?.

PS... What the hell.... since when does a gift card cost MORE than the value of the credit on the giftcard?

I hate gift cards at the best of times....... if <insert distant relative here> wants to get me a present but has no idea what i want that is fine..... but dont give me a piece of paper worth £10 which is only usable in a limited number of ways and offers zero protection if the company goes bust... just give me £10....... I get it if a £50gift card cost £45, but when they are like for like they are rubbish... but when they cost MORE than the value on them? utter nonsence. (and yes I do have friends who had woolworths and zavvi gift cards back in the day, thanfully i didnt!)

Last edited:
Yeah I am beginning to fear this could be the case as well.... .My hope is now pretty much riding on this :-

It may be that CIG are down playing this at the moment as they want to get as much money as they can from the EVE type players.... but it does appear that private servers are gonna be a thing - even if they are not currently talkiing about it - otherwise surely selling a guide which they have zero interest in ever delivering from would be an easy win of a law suit that even I could win?.

PS... What the hell.... since when does a gift card cost MORE than the value of the credit on the giftcard?

I hate gift cards at the best of times....... if <insert distant relative here> wants to get me a present but has no idea what i want that is fine..... but dont give me a piece of paper worth £10 which is only usable in a limited number of ways and offers zero protection if the company goes bust... just give me £10....... I get it if a £50gift card cost £45, but when they are like for like they are rubbish... but when they cost MORE than the value on them? utter nonsence. (and yes I do have friends who had woolworths and zavvi gift cards back in the day, thanfully i didnt!)

Yes, the gift cards are awful and they count as store credit too, so cannot be used to purchase "warbond" (fresh cash only) ships/packages).

it seems far more convoluted than it needs to be.
As convoluted as any P2W. But SC is not P2W.

Haha, no way they'll make private server, not when all their business model rely on selling each and every piece that can be sold, even things they don't have any clue how and if they'll make them.

Welcome in the marvelous 'Verse of Star Citizen.

Even if they manage to make a robust finished product, it's already rotting inside.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Hi
So I just read the following

it seems far more convoluted than it needs to be. I get aUEC - its alpha etc etc, so IF they were giving you loads of aUEC - more than the actualy amount of UEC you will get at launch that would make sense, but it seems to be completely the opposite of that.

on top of that REC makes even less sense.. am i reading that right? the game has an entirely separate currancy for when you want to rent a ship? why not merge that with UEC (or aUEC if they do not want arena commander to earn in game money officially once the game goes live?)

i know i am an outsider to the game so perhaps it all makes sense once you play for a few hrs - which is ok if it does - but it all seems counter intutive to me.
You have already probably given it more thought then CIG has :)

Regarding your suit... If you have accepted any of the latest (and multiple) revisions of their TOS chances are you have shut down yourself of any possibility to sue at all.

Last edited:

There was a talking heads with Lando and 4 others a couple of years back where the subject of private servers came up. the response at the time was "This will be the absolute last thing we do, after everything else is finished... one of us might be dead by then..."

Read into that what you may ;)

My hope is now pretty much riding on this :-
There was a talking heads with Lando and 4 others a couple of years back where the subject of private servers came up. the response at the time was "This will be the absolute last thing we do, after everything else is finished... one of us might be dead by then..."

Read into that what you may ;)

Yeah Viajero sourced this recently:

I don’t think swooping down on Lava Planet 56 in VR while your modded wingmen perform defensive barrel rolls is happening anytime soon ;)

Money laundering and chinese gold UEC farmers are businesses hard at work getting ready for d-day (but already profitable thanks to CIG business model)

Last edited:
If the grey market turns volume there might be money laundering to be a possible consideration.
That's been an issue for years now.

The grey market regularly encountered problems with sellers: expensive ship/package (bought using stolen creditcard) being sold too cheap, buyer pays to Paypal, creditcard provider does chargeback to CIG, CIG kills the ship/package, buyer loses out.

I doubt the funding tracker shows this.

That's been an issue for years now.

The grey market regularly encountered problems with sellers: expensive ship/package (bought using stolen creditcard) being sold too cheap, buyer pays to Paypal, creditcard provider does chargeback to CIG, CIG kills the ship/package, buyer loses out.

I doubt the funding tracker shows this.

I doubt it too. Unless they use grey market numbers to inflate their balance numbers to 9 digit figures.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom