Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Err...pressed Alt+F9 to start recording and it kills the power to my prospector. A bit of keybind fettling needed :D

Anyway, a tiny slice of mining with a prospector in SC...minus the scenic but fairly boring part of mining... flying about looking for decent rocks. That was one tough piece of granite anyway, the rock mass (7205.05) was about at the limit of a single prospector, even fitted with a Helix mining head...took ages to crack it at 100% power and had to get so close it dented my shields when it popped.

The selectable VTOL mode on the prospector makes it pretty maneuverable when zipping around a rock so you can nose down when scanning etc....also thanks to not having to suffer the old hover mode rubbish which made mining in a ship a complete farce.

I never tried mining from prospector,Mole in your opinion Is it satisfying feeling so that you can do that repetitively for hours/days/months?

I never tried mining from prospector,Mole in your opinion Is it satisfying feeling so that you can do that repetitively for hours/days/months?
There's enough variety of both lode bearing rocks and environments to mine in to keep it interesting. There's also asteroid mining which is quite different...same technique..but it's very different from planetary mining...and I like that the mining ships can mine on planets in the first place rather than it being limited to an SRV or hand mining with a multi-tool. To add to the ship mining, the prospector scanner also picks up hand mineable deposits which you can park up and walk to the deposit to mine or EVA over to an asteroid and mine those with the multi-tool as well as doing the ship based mining on the same asteroid. EVA mining is different again from FPS mining on a moon, planet or in a cave.

The different moons offer different ores and varying densities of RNG spawning...I was looking for agricium there which is more readly found on Yela than other places. I think the mining will be developed a bit more which is what I hope for in the long run...and what I would really like is a system map like Elite has which shows up different mineable elements and the likelihood of finding them on a particular moon, ring or planet...but as for now and as it is, I'm certainly quite hooked on it both in the prospector and in the Mole...which being multi-crew tied for the main part is very different again with a high degree of cooperation and communication required between the pilot and the crew manning the mining cabs...

You can make decent profits with only fuel costs to weigh against rather than risk a rich cargo for a comparitively smaller profit percentage gain, there's a small element of skill and experience needed to be reasonably good... and profitable... when mining, it takes patience to look for and cherry pick the more valuable ores in the higher percentages and the process is interesting enough to never feel like grinding.

Most of all and strangely for Star Citizen...it actually works and works really well :D

Last edited:

Mining in SC is actually great, I made just under 1,000,000 credits doing it, so far. I do take breaks from mining to do other missions and to play around in the verse. I can see myself doing it for years to come.

This coming from someone who was originally going to avoid industrial play.

We bought a cat for the syndicate yesterday, to try trading in bulk. I believe this will be my least favorite game loop in the verse. But, time will tell.

Battening the hatches here again...winds at galeforce and gusting to 90mph...waiting for the electricity to die and leave us in darkness :oops:

Cliffs out by our headland this morning...not going outside again :D

22KWmnz.jpg

Oh enough with the Shetland Citizen pics we all know it's a screenshot generator, whales, cliffs, possessed cattle . But really there's nothing to do, it takes too long to get to another island and for what - more whales... Where's the gameplay?!1!!

Oh enough with the Shetland Citizen pics we all know it's a screenshot generator, whales, cliffs, possessed cattle . But really there's nothing to do, it takes too long to get to another island and for what - more whales... Where's the gameplay?!1!!
Gameplay?

...Well...we usually feed the stray, drunken Shetlanders that occasionally fall off the ferries to our Orkney Orcas for sport :D

Reminds me of the WTFsaurus rages once upon a time. BTW, does he still stream SC?
He does. I watch him from time to time. He likes to spend time just flying his ship close to the surface of a planet for extended periods (like 30 to 60 minutes). So it's a little odd, but SC streamers have to fill the time. :)

W.T.F. is happening to this ship?!

There are no fly zones at lorville. You can only fly in a box right over all the landing hangers. In 3.8 they changes so that an auto pilot takes over and directs you away from the no fly zones. If you are flying to fast though, you'll still explode if you go into the no fly. Which is what happened to him.

There are no fly zones at lorville. You can only fly in a box right over all the landing hangers. In 3.8 they changes so that an auto pilot takes over and directs you away from the no fly zones. If you are flying to fast though, you'll still explode if you go into the no fly. Which is what happened to him.

So, planets with limited landing zones... where did i hear that before? Oh yeah... lol.

Oh, right, I see why he blows up then. I guess they've got autopilot to fix and might want to have the HUD show those zones.

But wow, I hadn't looked at videos for ages, and that "explosion" is absolutely shocking. Please tell me that this is just a bug and that's not how the ship is supposed to explode.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom