Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
LOL. SalteEMike gets frustrated with bugs and rage quits with CIG employees in the Twitch chat:

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/535839119?t=1h44m27s
There are just some days when you shouldn't even fire up the PC, we all have them...this for Mikey was one of those days :D

We all know 3.8 is an absolute bugfest and nobody bar the criminally stupid will tell you anything different. Sometimes, depending on what you chose to do, what time of day it is, if the moon is rising in Pisces with Cancer receding... if the gods of random evil crap are watching Netfix instead of hovering around your particular Star Citizen server...if the cat is licking it's behind in front of your monitor..stuff will work and you can chill with a few hours of blessed buglessness (barring the 3,999 bugs you know the workarounds to avoid game crashes, server crashes, random ship explosions, crashing into invisible barriers, forgetting to hover over a landing pad so you can refuel and pulling your hair out because you forgot).

Mostly...you spend more time resting your head on the keyboard desperately trying to resist the urge to throw stuff ;)

Last edited:
Why is he doing cave mining and box missions in a prospector? :D

Because a full rucksack of Hadanite adds 16,500 to the overall mining haul, and many people are focused on how much they can make per hour. Elite Dangerous also has this problem, which I never understood. But to each their own!

In both games I had an objective that I wanted to complete and once I completed those objectives, all I wanted to do was screw around (very similar to real life). In SC, I Like having a fully modified 600i, an upgraded mining head on the Prospector and a Nox (bought in game). While in ED, I wanted my Fully outfitted Cutter.

Because a full rucksack of Hadanite adds 16,500 to the overall mining haul, and many people are focused on how much they can make per hour. Elite Dangerous also has this problem, which I never understood. But to each their own!

Yes, and if one was being sensible, they would do ship based mining, and if they happened upon a cluster of hand minables, stop and grab those. Do two things at once.

Going to the caves makes sense if you don't have a prospector.

In both games I had an objective that I wanted to complete and once I completed those objectives, all I wanted to do was screw around (very similar to real life). In SC, I Like having a fully modified 600i, an upgraded mining head on the Prospector and a Nox (bought in game). While in ED, I wanted my Fully outfitted Cutter.
You don't have to go down in a cave to hand mine...the prospector/Mole scanner picks up surface deposits...and a lot more with higher yield than you'll ever find in a cave bumping around with a torch (flashlight to you colonial chaps) ;)

I regularly spend a couple of hours per session just filling up the Mole or prospector...cherry picking the ore with the percentages I'm looking for. It's still slow going as the moons, planets and asteroids haven't been seeded properly yet and still running off pre 3.7 RNG values. The larger mass rocks with varying densities and resistance are there but the content is still the same old numbers.

I also try different areas of the moons looking for some kind of persistence of mining nodes or which areas they are most likely to spawn so I can regularly go straight to mining without the randomness of just blindly searching an entire moon and just hoping I come across something lucrative enough to mine it... I often use the ship bed logout if I haven't got a full load by the time I've had enough and log back in there to finish it off the next day.

It's enjoyable gameplay I'm after...and I certainly enjoy the ship mining, not credits per hour...that's way too much like a real job and working to a spreadsheet :)

Last edited:

Even crazier when you consider it all gets wiped periodically.

Mining in SC is actually great, I made just under 1,000,000 credits doing it, so far. I do take breaks from mining to do other missions and to play around in the verse. I can see myself doing it for years to come.

This coming from someone who was originally going to avoid industrial play.

We bought a cat for the syndicate yesterday, to try trading in bulk. I believe this will be my least favorite game loop in the verse. But, time will tell.

So can a organization own ships or is it still an individuals account that lends the ship to you?

Soon we'll have the Idris system!

Space grapes! Space squatters! Ooooh!

Buy an Idris.... system!

Availably only to those who have bought the Legatus pack. Limited supply available (1). $1,000,000. Concept only.

EDIT: actually would not surprise me in the slightest if someone would be willing to pay for that.

Aye, giving up on that PTU build...10 x 30k's in one hour is a bit much...not to mention the 3 CTD's which were totally separate :censored:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom