Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Latest Inside SC...

PTU has had it's first wipe with persistence enabled...seems to work OK. All they've done is move all the bought and previously equipped items over into your inventory...you still spawn in in a n00b suit but all the purchased armour, weapons and stuff are already stored in your equipment manager...same with the ships...they appear as bog standard but all the bits you've bought and had equipped will remain in inventory to be refitted. Earned in game aUEC balance is retained...

A bit of a pain having to refit everything but it's better than nowt.

Last edited:
Was a sound engineer...now doing flight related stuff in the vehicle experience team for Ci¬G ;)

Watch the vid...
Got me there :sneaky: but no, life is too short to really watch it!

When I flicked through to see if I recognised the guys face, it said "Senior Audio Programmer" under his name, before the bit I obviously didn't watch about making flight "immersive!!"

Is he actually changing the flight model? I thought Chris was personally coding the new .... ahahaha, sorry.

When I flicked through to see if I recognised the guys face, it said "Senior Audio Programmer" under his name, before the bit I obviously didn't watch about making flight "immersive!!"
I reckon this means he's responsible for making the flight stuff sound great, and nothing to do with the behaviour of said vehicles.

OTOH, I haven't bought into the vision™, so I cannot understand game development. :p

Got me there :sneaky: but no, life is too short to really watch it!

Is he actually changing the flight model? I thought Chris was personally coding the new .... ahahaha, sorry.
Nah, he won't be changing the flight model, it was a tongue in cheek remark...but the work from the vehicle experience team have certainly made it a lot better from the cockpit side than it was...adding headtracking and the revised camera work they've put in certainly adds a lot to the experience.

I reckon this means he's responsible for making the flight stuff sound great, and nothing to do with the behaviour of said vehicles.

OTOH, I haven't bought into the vision™, so I cannot understand game development. :p
Nope...he is partly responsible for the cockpit experience...adding headtracking etc and nothing to do with sound at all ;)

Someone else that can't be bothered to watch a video before typing an opinion on something they know nothing about. I expected a better effort from this section of the forum...I mean, c'mon guys...it's not reddit :D

Last edited:
It's going to be Carrack hell come 3.8.2 hitting live... considering they've sold more Carracks than they have Freelancers already. I don't know of any concierge or mid level backer who doesn't proport to having one...
Raises hand
Mid level backer here, couldnt care less now about new ships. All i want is a game in which these ships could fly... with proper gameplay, not just a 3D engine demo.

Nope...he is partly responsible for the cockpit experience...adding headtracking etc and nothing to do with sound at all ;)

Someone else that can't be bothered to watch a video before typing an opinion on something they know nothing about. I expected a better effort from this section of the forum...I mean, c'mon guys...it's not reddit :D
Yeah, to be fair having been RUTHLESSLY SHAMED into watching the damn thing ...you are to blame for this ... it does seem he specifically asked to take on cockpit experience work, as opposed to sound. And they thought - damn, this guy is older than all of the rest of us, who are 12, so go for it!

Still, I still claim I was right - his job is still "Senior Audio Programmer" 😌

We might get a decent flight model after all then :D

I thought it was interesting how they danced around the subject of the flight model for, whilst they spoke at length about the in-seat experience, where you look and so on, I couldn't help but think that they must be touching the flight model, or at least 'enhancing the feel of it'.... ...ahem.

In any event, the video was interesting and some of what was shown looked very cool, so let's just hope that they can eventually make an enjoyable game out of it.

As things stand, I'll stick with my four figure investment of $00.00 until I see the Steam and GoG reviews - I'm not trying to be too facetious here, it's just that I won't consider SC/SQ42 'released' until sold through another platform - and this may be a long wait.

Latest Inside SC...

Real mixed bag isn't it? I like they they're improving the 'Vehicle experience' - at first I thought vehicle = ground vehicles, but it was all about the ships, and seemed good (if basic) stuff. The Bio shader and re-entry work looks good too, ED should take note of them please :D The stuff about the ship designs highlights how much work is involved in that - makes sense that it takes a long time - almost like it takes so much time there is none left to fix things like doors killing you ...

But then ... boxing rings and prison pods ... BDSSE

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom