Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Bed log out has been working very well in 3.8.2, even for party members. The original problem on not being able to get out of bed by Y, is solved if you left shift U, which is emergency ejection - or something like that.

It makes the multiplayer Carrack even better, as we can all spawn in at the same time.

Bed log out has been working very well in 3.8.2, even for party members. The original problem on not being able to get out of bed by Y, is solved if you left shift U, which is emergency ejection - or something like that.

It makes the multiplayer Carrack even better, as we can all spawn in at the same time.

You have to emergency eject from the bed?

Working very well indeed :D

...The original problem on not being able to get out of bed by Y, is solved if you left shift U, which is emergency ejection - or something like that....

So, uhmmm, you're saying that a game feature is working as long as you don't use it as intended, and instead use some unconnected mechanisms to work round the 'perfectly working' system.

Right.

That's money well spent.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll be throwing an impromptu free fly even with all that's going on in the real world?

Not sure why they would to be honest. If the funding tracker is to be believed, in the middle of this virus scare, worldwide panic, and economic downturn, the funding apparently went through the roof.

Its clear CIG are doing something very much right when people's first concern when their income and health are threatened is to buy JPGs.

You heard it - it's not an annoying bug - it's an improvement. #alternativefact

Just watched [SinceLongNot]SaltEMike's last Week In Review:
  • Jared said "game" -> woohoo progress!
  • Contextual interaction radial menu -> wow, clever, but too consolesque for us PC gamers but it's crucial! (though maybe the only sane thought inthe vid as SC UI is a chore)
  • Space Whales -> OWYEAHBABY SC is becoming an MMO!

Is it me or the more it goes, the more it's "everyday is april fool's day" in BDSSEland? I'm already used to it from CIG, but it seems it's the trend even in the content creators side of the farce. I have harder and harder times determining if he's serious or not. I remember the time when he was prone to fair skepticism and criticism, and not long ago I witnessed him losing his patience during a stream, but he's all fairy dust and rose tinted glasses currently.

Last edited:
Space Whales -> OWYEAHBABY SC is becoming an MMO!
Space Whales that you can extract valuable resources from .... early April Fool or just checking how self-aware the Whales are :D

(I though Mike was pretty balanced - not much going on, we'll have to wait and see what happens - as ever a lot of how something is seen is influenced as much by the watcher as the watchee)

• Contextual interaction radial menu -> wow, clever, but too consolesque for us PC gamers but it's crucial! (though maybe the only sane thought inthe vid as SC UI is a chore)

Is it me or the more it goes, the more it's "everyday is april fool's day" in BDSSEland? I'm already used to it from CIG, but it seems it's the trend even in the content creators side of the farce. I have harder and harder times determining if he's serious or not. I remember the time when he was prone to fair skepticism and criticism, and not long ago I witnessed him losing his patience during a stream, but he's all fairy dust and rose tinted glasses currently.

There's a good reason for the console interface... a preparation for Sqn 42 being sold on consoles.

I still think Chris Roberts is being naive with the dreaming of console sales...it certainly won't sell enough copies to cover the technical debt Ci¬G already have...never mind make a profit. That's assuming of course either Sony or Microsoft want to dirty their hands dealing with Chris Roberts or anything Ci¬G produces in the first place.

Last edited:
There's a good reason for the console interface... a preparation for Sqn 42 being sold on consoles.

I still think Chris Roberts is being naive with the dreaming of console sales...it certainly won't sell enough copies to cover the technical debt Ci¬G already have...never mind make a profit.

I dunno Mole. I mean, a whole new market of people who probably haven't paid any attention to this games development, throw some good advertising at it akin ot Mass Effect 2, and he's going to get a decent wedge.

It's not just you. It's like Flat Earthists. Some even launch in self-made rockets and crash to their deaths in them. Maybe it's a parasite in people's brains causing all the nonsense. OR ALIENS! Aliens with mind-control sattelites! OMG

I dunno Mole. I mean, a whole new market of people who probably haven't paid any attention to this games development, throw some good advertising at it akin ot Mass Effect 2, and he's going to get a decent wedge.
Space adventures...especially a movie of a space game with interactive bits in it is still narrowing an already niche market...even more so on consoles. We all know the imaginary PC sales won't come about...considering they've already sold practically every copy that will sell if it ever releases.

Chris Roberts has even less understanding of the console games market than he does the PC games market...which isn't saying much at all.

This Menu is so ridiculous. „Hey my ship is going to explode I have to go to my ejection pod“ Click one click two bum ship explodes. This menu is so stupid as this whole development of Sc. Elite has the perfect menu solution in my opinion Wich works also in Vr. They stealing from any Game and Genre but coming up with this solution? 😂
Strange Times.

Last edited:
With Prejudice? So in legalese that means they can't bring the case again at a later date?

Yup. They would need to come up with something different to go after them again.

What is interesting is how each pays for their own legal costs, which implies neither side could or wanted to push it further to get their court costs paid for.

Oh man, that's a funny thread.

Victory laps, declarations of victory over goons and the usual "haters" comments, some informed and balanced comments (see you on the case there), and this classic:

I hope a rule of the settlement is that no one from Cry-Tek can ever play Star Citizen. When everyone else is having fun, they are stuck crying, try to scam people with bit-coins.

That's definitely the stupidest comment in the whole thread.

At this point in time, what with the world being kicked hard in the nuts does anyone know whats going on with SC anymore? I really try hard to keep up as an outsider but after a while I just shut down and make some tea. Is anything actually going to plan?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom