Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In more important news...my 95th anniversary springer decided it was ill today. Found the stator had blown after a bit of testing with a multi-meter... so a bit of minor mechanical fettling was required....(ie) removing half the bike to get to the damned thing in the first place...
PoBk32F.jpg

8Z5ShKQ.jpg

dxXomWC.jpg

V2DMvPU.jpg

Luckily enough...I had a spare stator on my Harley bits shelf so once fitted and tested, I took it out for a test run after I had rebuilt the bike...weather looks nice in the pic but it was bloody freezing. Even my wife looks happy...

twhRp7O.jpg

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
In more important news...my 95th anniversary springer decided it was ill today. Found the stator had blown after a bit of testing with a multi-meter... so a bit of minor mechanical fettling was required....(ie) removing half the bike to get to the damned thing in the first place...
PoBk32F.jpg

8Z5ShKQ.jpg

dxXomWC.jpg

V2DMvPU.jpg

Luckily enough...I had a spare stator on my Harley bits shelf so once fitted and tested, I took it out for a test run after I had rebuilt the bike...weather looks nice in the pic but it was bloody freezing. Even my wife looks happy...

twhRp7O.jpg

Tell us the truth, she was the one driving.

(can you say driving for a bike?)

PoBk32F.jpg

8Z5ShKQ.jpg

dxXomWC.jpg

V2DMvPU.jpg

twhRp7O.jpg

The only reason why I`m lurking in SC topic lately is to see if you posted any new bike pictures! What a beauty.

PoBk32F.jpg

8Z5ShKQ.jpg

dxXomWC.jpg

V2DMvPU.jpg

twhRp7O.jpg

I guess you could class that as ’essential travel’ :unsure: ;)

I guess you could class that as ’essential travel’ :unsure: ;)
With only 20 miles of road on the whole island and only 400 or so of us on here...I never saw a soul or even passed a single car. There's no towns, no villages, all the farms and crofts are miles apart...hell, we don't even have a single street light or even a road with a name.

Self isolation up here is a way of life...not an option ;)

Last edited:
No, I thinks it doesn't just support VR - it's made for VR. Like in "fit a glove" - I'd like to know if it succeeded.
9.2 out of 10 critic review score

98% Steam review score

No, I thinks it doesn't just support VR - it's made for VR. Like in "fit a glove" - I'd like to know if it succeeded.

I’m only 4 hours in, but yeah it’s pretty ace :)

There are a few areas where it doesn’t quite hit Squadron 42 tier expectation levels, but they’re ultimately nitpicks. The physics is great, but they stopped short of melee interaction, jumping, and full blown climbing / mantling etc, for example. It’s not all things to all people or anything.

Ultimately it feels like Half Life 2 rebooted in VR, done right, though. Amazing tech (the assets, locations, new engine & set pieces look absurdly good at points - they’re using some form of auto-scaling for pixel density which works well on the looks + performance front. The early city scenes looked nigh on photo-real on a 1080, if in a stylised way).

It’s all very linear, if with zig-zagged design and optional siderooms. And that perhaps feels old-school. And it’s felt a tiny bit light on freeform character interaction (if with lots of neat background NPC stuff and Easter eggs). But the reboot stuff (the gravity gloves, gun add-ons, the UI, the puzzle interfaces and use of ‘explore the environment’ etc) are all very slick. And it’s sitting on that nexus point between adventure and sci-fi horror-dystopia pretty nicely.

Summary: Half Life VR good :)

(The dead headcrabs look like stylised plucked chickens though. This is very disturbing...)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom