Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well clearly CIG are just hitting all their milestones and the Calders are stepping up their investment as planned.

Looks good for Star Citizen...

So Calders now own more of the company!

I wonder if their ownership comes with LTI and whether it was warbond only.

Cloud Imperium is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA games outside the established publisher system

Hahahahahahahaha

1) There is nothing new about indepdent companies.

2) Independent companies actually deliver games. Number of games delivered by CIG: 0

3) Outside the established publisher system, but i guess the Calders are now publishers in all but name.

2) Independent companies actually deliver games. Number of games delivered by CIG: 0

3) Outside the established publisher system, but i guess the Calders are now publishers in all but name.
Yeah aint that interesting. Valve or CDPR are independant (and their own publisher, as a result) and doing quite well indeed, and need no external investment in order to deliver...
As a side note i noticed a hint of rebellion on the cultists subreddit lately, about that latest "call the devs" where they state they have absolutely no idea of what to do with the multicrew roles. 8 years in, still not past the design stage.

Hahahahahahahaha

Yeah, it's kind of interesting how all the supposed uniqueness and special flare we're supposed to bestow on CI¬G holds completely true for Ninja Theory and their development of Senua, and completely untrue for anything CI¬G has ever done or even attempted.

Yeah aint that interesting. Valve or CDPR are independant (and their own publisher, as a result) and doing quite well indeed, and need no external investment in order to deliver...
As a side note i noticed a hint of rebellion on the cultists subreddit lately, about that latest "call the devs" where they state they have absolutely no idea of what to do with the multicrew roles. 8 years in, still not past the design stage.

Ahhh yes - about that ;)

CI-G are still spouting their 1000 player instances and dedicated multicrew experiences! Be a turret gunner! Man the mighty railgun! Advanced Medical Gameplay! Navigation chief! Plot courses! Engineering! Mop floors!

None of it exists.

Buy an Idris!

Also, to absolutely no-one's (sensible) surprise, this shows that the nonsensical idea some silly people had that the company was valued at $420M was as bunk as everyone else said at the time.

Ahhh yes - about that ;)

CI-G are still spouting their 1000 player instances and dedicated multicrew experiences! Be a turret gunner! Man the mighty railgun! Advanced Medical Gameplay! Navigation chief! Plot courses! Engineering! Mop floors!

None of it exists.

Buy an Idris!

Don't forget chef, as eating gameplay is planned! Can you afford to hire the best citizen chef who will whip up delights for the crew?

Asp! I need lulzbuckets, stat!

Don't forget chef, as eating gameplay is planned! Can you afford to hire the best citizen chef who will whip up delights for the crew?

Back in the dark days of having WAY to much time on my hands, I had a Hobbit character on LOTRO who was always massively in demand from guilds and parties due to having mastered the Chef and farming professions.

tumblr_oj0hxaQDCa1vo6s2oo1_250.gif

Funny I read about these new CI(notG) shenanigans today, I was just watching the movie Margin Call again last night. Dodgy financial miscalculations, duplicity, dumping worthless assets on the gullible ... oh yes.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom