Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
FYI to those reading these posts in the morning. The free fly hasn't started yet, five hours after it was supposed to, because the servers aren't stable enough yet.

Chris Almighty saw Fortnite Travis Scott event and thought "I think I have an idea never donne before: I'll invent huge events in my 'verse!".

And so be it... Magic germans crunched once again to the rythm of the sacred hands waving, all the while keeping the priority focus on SQ42 (so awesome Adobe Premiere can't cope with the fidelity and the spoilers) and perfecting the half a decade old PU bugs.

And the result was fabulous:

For those who do want to buy an Idris
Throughout Invictus Launch Week, a number of stock limited military ships are/will be available (Ex: Polaris/Idris/Kraken/etc.). We're aware that due to the limited nature of these, they go very fast. Please find a breakdown of upcoming manufacturer-specific waves below.​

There is massive confusion everywhere (twitch chat, reddit, SA forums, spectrum, YouTube, etc.) because people think the free fly has started when it hasn't. CIG loudly advertised the free fly in large letters everywhere but only notified users of the deiay in a short spectrum post (and on their "status" page).

For those who do want to buy an Idris

Throughout Invictus Launch Week, a number of stock limited military ships are/will be available (Ex: Polaris/Idris/Kraken/etc.). We're aware that due to the limited nature of these, they go very fast. Please find a breakdown of upcoming manufacturer-specific waves below.
Polaris sold out in minutes, and here I am thinking about melting mine.

Back to "partial outage" status ladies and gentlemen
We're currently investigating an issue related to loadouts.

Currently Known Symptoms:

Inability to progress past character creation
Non-responsive mobiGlas
Non-responsive PMA or VMA
Inability to access Personal Inventory System

Current event and patch is a pure dumpster fire.
I come back from the semi-official discord and Spectrum chat: people who went in for the free week are turned back immediately.
Most of them cannot even load the game, then if they do, they get to character creation screen that is broken (cant click anywhere). With "helpers" telling people to do a "character reset" (makes no sense for a 1st timer..), delete USER folder (same), do various other rain dance moves.. including re-downloading everything so these poor souls get another 30Gb+ download to come back to the same situation.
For the very few that went past: invisible character, no inventory, ship spawn issues (invisible spawn and/or duplicates).
Impressive even for CiG, who actually called that event so they cannot pretend they did not see it coming...

Couldnt this just be considered as the usual broken server state in a patch day? Any game?
(edit) patch day was yesterday..
I have been in a fair amount of other games and no that's not even close (and most of the other cases are about network bandwidth exceeding the invoice limit)... Even if we adjust for CiG usual incompetence and fumbling with wires and racks.. This is worse than usual. Usually they get the situation under control overnight, and usually it's only one major issue. Here its a combination of major issues and we are getting near 24h since the patch.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom