Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Are they going to delay the week? As I understand there are different ships each day so it's going to be pretty annoying to see the ship you wanted to test rolling past while the servers are ded...

Couldnt this just be considered as the usual broken server state in a patch day? Any game?
Yes, if it was a major update (e.g. 3.9 or 4.0).

No, because it's a bugfix patch (3.9.1) to a two-week-old unstable build (3.9).

Stupidly, CIG management decided to bundle into the patch an in-game ship-sale event, distract testers and QA with a new gamemode (Theaters of War), then rush it out on a Friday afternoon purely for marketing reasons.

Stupidly, CIG management decided to bundle into the patch an in-game ship-sale event, distract testers and QA with a new gamemode (Theaters of War), then rush it out on a Friday afternoon purely for marketing reasons.
Marketing always overrules common sense at Ci¬G, as usual, everything is put on hold for a cash grab whether the game is actually in a working state or not. Devs are pulled off whatever they're doing to force feed this shyte out the door and selotape it onto a vastly broken build. The server issues have simply been multiplied, old bugs are rearing their ugly heads all over again along with the new ones newly caused by inserting the additional assets required by the cash grab.

I seriously hope this clusterfarce backfires on Ci¬G...although I doubt it with all the talk of buying Krakens and Idris's. There's simply no accounting for rewarding incompetent management via idiots easily parted from their cash. A feature long relied on by Ci¬G marketing of course.

Last edited:
This a fluke then? Seems to have been working fine for him so far

pk5N5Ax.png

Guess he should have deleted his shaders folder...gets rid of the square graphics artifacts...

Lol :D

I keep seeing geniune 'advice' here and there that folks should go around deleting their USER folder when that's not needed. Deleting that folder also bins your control and key bindings in one of the sub folders (Profile). I haven't deleted my USER folder in 2 years and I have less issues than many, I simply delete the shaders sub folder if I have issues...if ever...which is the root cause of all the graphical errors obvious in that Twitch stream. The square artifacts are supposed to be dust clouds.

Deleting the shaders folder also speeds up loading times for a bit, like it's clearing the shaders cache...I make it a common practise every now and then, it doesn't wreck my HOTAS or keybindings and keeps all my other game settings intact.

Edit: Just logged in (took forever) and all the backend services are down...no global chat channel although it shows in mobiglas, friends list not working and can't eat, drink or buy food or water...which makes the compulsory hunger/thirst mechanics real fun :cautious:

I'll post a vid when it's uploaded...like maybe in a few hours with my 19th century connection to t'interweb...

Last edited:
Current event and patch is a pure dumpster fire.
I come back from the semi-official discord and Spectrum chat: people who went in for the free week are turned back immediately.
Most of them cannot even load the game, then if they do, they get to character creation screen that is broken (cant click anywhere). With "helpers" telling people to do a "character reset" (makes no sense for a 1st timer..), delete USER folder (same), do various other rain dance moves.. including re-downloading everything so these poor souls get another 30Gb+ download to come back to the same situation.
For the very few that went past: invisible character, no inventory, ship spawn issues (invisible spawn and/or duplicates).
Impressive even for CiG, who actually called that event so they cannot pretend they did not see it coming...

And yet funding is off the chart.

This is perfectly reasonable.

I seriously hope this clusterfarce backfires on Ci¬G...although I doubt it with all the talk of buying Krakens and Idris's. There's simply no accounting for rewarding incompetent management via idiots easily parted from their cash. A feature long relied on by Ci¬G marketing of course.

You'd think so and if it was any other company it most definitely would.

CIG as usual somehow still profits from it. It seems the worse they do the more they get, like the logic is "Oh, cig are doing worse, it must mean they need our support more than ever!"

On the up side, from a comedy perspective, it means CR will think he's doing great, and it will encourage him to greater efforts in the fidelity department, resulting in even longer development.

Thing is, i'm not sure i can keep laughing at this mess for another 20 years.

And once again, those poor magic germans are good to crunch and work extensively across the week-end. But what would bring furor and fury from the plebs if it was another studio is a perfectly normal and excusable situation for CIG.

You'd think so and if it was any other company it most definitely would.

CIG as usual somehow still profits from it. It seems the worse they do the more they get, like the logic is "Oh, cig are doing worse, it must mean they need our support more than ever!"

On the up side, from a comedy perspective, it means CR will think he's doing great, and it will encourage him to greater efforts in the fidelity department, resulting in even longer development.

Thing is, i'm not sure i can keep laughing at this mess for another 20 years.
I can't help but imagine shillizens wearing red caps with Make Space Great Again anagram.

Well, looking at the state of things i'll hold off trying the free fly until Monday or something. I want to give it a fair shake without fighting for a connection or overload related bugs. I want to see SC in all its stable glory :D

To be fair, when R* gave GTA away free on Epic store the servers were overloaded as well. But that's probably because R* are a greedy evil publisher while CIG are just incompetent.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom