Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Imagine when you'll have to go for a dump. That's the whole space suit, undies you'll have to take off. And next, you'll have to open the closets lid, then "push in da hole" (like mining: too much pressure and it's the seizure, careful commando!) and "toilet paper rubbing" minigames (to few sheets and maybe the next quest giver won't want to talk to you and your good for a bacterial infection out in the black later, too much and your fragile fidelicious interstellar orifice could get a rash and nerf your piloting skills once back in your pilot seat), then press the flush button, then wash your hands, then put back your undies and spacesuit...

And now I got the frightening vision of the apocalyptical reunion of Chris Almighty's Fidelity and David Cageagoogoo's Emotions

Last edited:
Like this post from today (maybe yesterday). I cannot tell if that is sarcasm or not. Leaning towards it being a real post.

unknown.png

I just can't tell the difference any more. Sometimes the stuff that is apparently serious looks more parody than the parody.

Imagine when you'll have to go for a dump. That's the whole space suit, undies you'll have to take off. And next, you'll have to open the closets lid, then "push in da hole" (like mining: too much pressure and it's the seizure, careful commando!) and "toilet paper rubbing" minigames (to few sheets and maybe the next quest giver won't want to talk to you and your good for a bacterial infection out in the black later, too much and your fragile fidelicious interstellar orifice could get a rash and nerf your piloting skills once back in your pilot seat), then press the flush button, then wash your hands, then put back your undies and spacesuit...

And now I got the frightening vision of the apocalyptical reunion of Chris Almighty's Fidelity and David Cageagoogoo's Emotions
Just imagine the MP romance animations. It's gonna be even better than in 2nd Life.

Been playing this current free week and it does not inspire me to pay out for this game.
My buddy has been trying to get me to buy into it.
He has so far spent 150 quid on it and still thinks it's great.
Personally I think his pocket has been fleeced and he is compelled to believe it will succeed.
I will not pay anything for this until it releases and maybe not even then.

Been playing this current free week and it does not inspire me to pay out for this game.
My buddy has been trying to get me to buy into it.
He has so far spent 150 quid on it and still thinks it's great.
Personally I think his pocket has been fleeced and he is compelled to believe it will succeed.
I will not pay anything for this until it releases and maybe not even then.

It's weird that that's considered a "normal" price to spend on an unfinished game. What game costs $150?

The starter ships are designed to encourage upselling and leaving players in lengthy quantum travel loading screens because they haven't donated enough is pretty obnouxious

When they did the BBC click interview outside Citizencon last year I am amazed that they managed to find one man and one woman to interview both who only had spent "a hundred dollars or so" but loved it so much they turned up to Citizencon (one of them appeared to have a stand). The only person they could find who had spent more was rexzilla. It's about 8 minutes in here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/techn...izen-is-this-200m-game-becoming-too-ambitious

It's like the "journalist" didn't stop to ponder where the, then £200m, had come from

Last edited:

They're going to prolong the agony and public humiliation... ...that's an 'interesting' decision.

Although I guess they felt they had little choice, keeping the curtains open for a second longer than needed on their shambolic kerfuffle seems... 'very brave'.

You seriously have to doubt the management in releasing a new patch right before opening the doors to the public. Having done a number of demonstrations/presentations, that is the very last thing I would ever allow - huge risk/low reward - I am assuming of course that the system was fit for purpose in the first place.

They're going to prolong the agony and public humiliation... ...that's an 'interesting' decision.

Although I guess they felt they had little choice, keeping the curtains open for a second longer than needed on their shambolic kerfuffle seems... 'very brave'.

You seriously have to doubt the management in releasing a new patch right before opening the doors to the public. Having done a number of demonstrations/presentations, that is the very last thing I would ever allow - huge risk/low reward - I am assuming of course that the system was fit for purpose in the first place.
Thoughts for the poor lads at CIG who have crunched through the week-end (again), and probably will.

Okay, spent my first hour with the game and... I dunno what I was expecting, but oh boy what a mess. I'm a bit worried about possible Space Legs in ED after this session.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom