Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Hey Sovapid, I know your into the pvp side of this, would you be able to give a current synopsis of how engaging the pvp is? Is it skill based and how much is pay to win a factor? Do you like the direction its going in?

Do you have any particular videos where you take on the most expensive ships in the game with something entry level?

If they only wanted the initial project and nothing more, they have all reasons to be angry.

Indeed.

In 2012 CR claimed to have a working game already developed that would be the BDSSE and he'd have it ready in to 2-3 years for just a few million.

Again, remember, he was already claiming it would be the BDSSE back then. Not just a good space sim, the best ever.

And here we are, 8 years later, and they still don't have something that could yet be termed the BDSSE by a long way. They don't yet have something that lives up what the kickstarter demo showed, never mind what was promised later through expanded goals.

Its not just early backers who have reasons to be angry.

Hey Sovapid, I know your into the pvp side of this, would you be able to give a current synopsis of how engaging the pvp is? Is it skill based and how much is pay to win a factor? Do you like the direction its going in?

Do you have any particular videos where you take on the most expensive ships in the game with something entry level?

I believe when Sovapid is around its actually pay to lose :D

This is so Stockholm Syndrom. Google it please.

Yeah I have never understood the reboot claim.

To reboot a project implies scrapping the majority and starting again but CIG hadn't got far enough to have anything to scrap. They had produced the ArcCorp module which was going to fit in the old design or the new design.

The only portion of the project they were now planning to change was planets.

Edit: Was thinking about this while out for a walk. Mid 2015 was when they started talking more and more about moving everything in-house as opposed to using contractors.

Last edited:
I was in high hopes that we got somebody new when I logged in today and saw the page count but alas, its only our old participants going through another loop :)

A lot of what's worked atm is not on the public roadmap.

Most transparent project ever ^^

I repeat my self. If you would waiting like me since 2012 and tried to answer the many calls from CI zero games

But he did. Hes a backer since 2013 so you are really not so far ahead when you consider that CIG first started to miss deadlines and piled up the dissonance when they started to deliver...sooo....late 2013 (or whenever the Hangar was released).. You have both experiened the same things, watched the same events unfold and read the same stuff. There really is no super-secret-pro-SC-backer-only-information out there. Still you both have very opposite opinions and views and it only becomes clearer the more obvious CIGs statements and results become demanding an increasingly higher effort to "put things into perspective".

It probably would be a good idea to reset your path and re-evaluate at what point you are following reality or making a conscious decision on how you want to see the project.

No. Only that there is in essence no difference between not doing something and just claiming that you are "doing it". Especially when, as is the case of CIG, the little actually delivered does not work reliably or at all. And especially when there is a track record of 8+ years of non delivery on many claims.

Remember that things "delivered" but that do not work, or do not work reliably enough, are in fact not really delivered.

Reality versus wishful thinking. The latter has become quite extreme these days as shown in a lot of examples.

They worked on ToW for at least 8 months before telling anyone about it
Yes they are the 'most' transparent

😂 😂 😂

You are trolling at this point ^^ Or you simply dont read posts.....

What about the people who gave money to the project based on the original claims in the Kickstarter?

Poor suckers I guess. But anybody who isnt firmly into the faithful camp by now is a hater anyway so ...

Lots of facts not being too friendly or supportive on Star Citizen and CIG

I love going down memory lane, thanks for that :)

This is so Stockholm Syndrom. Google it please.

The list on conditions for SC backers gets longer and longer the longer this scam goes on ^^

My biggest problem with talking to SC shills and fanatics is that I can certainly see their side of things but I cannot understand why their lenience and goodwill goes to Star Citizen only and every other game or project on the market is met with ice-cold calculus and skepticism. Its like an intentional re-arranging of priorities and preferences based on what you are talking about. And the switch can happen even in the same sentence. Not my understanding of "fair play". Whats valid and counting for one party is valid and counting for everybody else. You have migitating factors affecting the view but again, these factors count for everybody else just the same. Pragmatic? I dont know if thats the correct term but anything else really is a formula for desaster and abuse IMO. Factually, I wasnt like this in my younger years and I still have to wrestle with my inner demon which occasionally puts my foot into my mouth or lets me run hot-headed but by now I always come back to these moments and try to evaluate my stance and reaction and learn from it.

With this religious approach where you simultanously welcome one thing and dismiss everything else and whatever you learn is subject to immediate bias and selective interpretation you wont learn anything real ever. I can understand this kind of course in addicts or with people going through relationship abuse but this is a video game....and we are talking about adults here. Its a quite shocking relevation.

"People are just stupid" is a saying I ve been doing for many years already but its truth is mindboggling once you understand it on a personal level. I ve been experiencing this in relation to religious belief, relationships and political worldview just recently so my thoughts on this are fresh. And its effects are really serious in how I continue to see specific people I thought were "smart" and reliable based on my longtime (but superficial) reliationship with them.

In Real Life I adopt the "you cant win with these people" approach and leave em be but cut them out of my life or keep it to a minimum (cant really cut family out of your life....). The current pandemic is a great example for this. But at the same time I cannot ignore the people who disbelieve or disregard the protective rules because their actions affect my own wellbeing or the wellbeing of people close to me.

Star Citizen is just like that. The extreme camps within its community are unable to co-exist because they both affect each other dramatically. LittleAnt already stated that he mainly posts here because he sees the continous negativity on display as a threat to his chosen object of desire. That this negativity is well-founded and documented as well as logically sound is irrelevant to him. Figuiring out "whats what" doesnt seem to be a concern. On the other hand you have people who see Star Citizen shills running unopposed as a threat to innocent people like drug dealers handing out "candy" to little kids. My understanding is that everybody in SCs community says "we want Star Citizen to succeed" but the ONLY people who actually want it too are the critics and skepticals. They dont sound like it but its actually a consequence like in a family. Your kid only sees the punishment but you do it because you want to protect it and love it very much. Yes, its quite crazy that you could think you are protecting and supporting this project while in reality its YOU who damages its reputation and success chance and the people you "fight" are the rightrous ones.

Most of these "wrong" extremists only recover or change course once they overstep a critical point in their life. Many dont survive that event and the survivors carry the scars for the rest of their lifes. In this regard I m glad that we are talking about a video game here which will not lead to death and (hopefully) only minor suffering but the participating factors and effects are just the same as in "serious" things in life.

I was in high hopes that we got somebody new when I logged in today and saw the page count but alas, its only our old participants going through another loop
Like father, like son. You've described not followers of this saga, but the saga itself.

On a side note:
OrBA_iqhIASCIk-uLvdUzqWrX29ZQn59R7snnRWaz7Y.jpg

It's nice to see that gimmick of Improved Throw progressed to 42 out of 59 steps being done, while core tech of Server to Client Actor Networking Rework is stalled at step 1 out of 3. Bonus points for decomposing the gimmick into 59 steps and failing to decompose core tech in more than 3:
1. Begin working.
2. Realize it's cannot be done.
3. Drop it.

Last edited:
Well hey, there may be zero progress but at least the roadmap is getting smaller every time it is published. That's almost a form of progress, right?

I'd like Derek Smart to be the one to step in and buy them up when it fails, the resulting mental gymnastics and history revision would be gold medal standard.

I predict that if DS really bought up SC for pennies on the dollar every faithful would immediately give up and declare the project a failure NOW that "the enemy" has taken over. It was still going to be a success before that but THEN its a failure ^^

I predict that if DS really bought up SC for pennies on the dollar every faithful would immediately give up and declare the project a failure NOW that "the enemy" has taken over. It was still going to be a success before that but THEN its a failure ^^

Its like papal infallibility, as soon as he takes the helm for the promised land all past transgressions will be forgotten and forgiven and blasphemy against the new messiah will not be tolerated.

My biggest problem with talking to SC shills and fanatics is that I can certainly see their side of things but I cannot understand why their lenience and goodwill goes to Star Citizen only and every other game or project on the market is met with ice-cold calculus and skepticism.
I will fund (max 50 €) and give goodwill to EVERY project with good graphics, the scope of SC and a minimum of seriousness. I have fund SC and I've bought ED when I've heard about Odyssey. If you know other serious projects with good graphics and the scope of SC, I will fund them too.

And I don't met other project with ice-cold calculus and skepticism... I don't know where you have seen that from SC backers. The Odyssey news have been mainly a good news for them because having competitors to SC is a good news for all.

I will fund (max 50 €) and give goodwill to EVERY project with good graphics, the scope of SC and a minimum of seriousness.
…so no chance of ever giving any cash to CI¬G then, based on those criteria. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know where you have seen that from SC backers.
Everywhere they crop up, pretty much, since special pleading is part and parcel of their toolkit to praise SC for [singular vacuous and hypothetical detail] yet ignoring massive faults, while at the same time trashing or ignoring the myriad of games that do every single thing infinitely better with nowhere near the same amount of faults and red flags, but lack [singular vacuous and hypothetical detail]. Scope being a popular candidate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom