Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Someone over at refunds dug up this quote from 2017.

The one thing we should have learned by now is that time and Star Citizen makes fools of us all. The SC faithful have been so sure that total success is just around the corner for so long. And the SC skeptics have been so sure that total collapse has been just around the corner for so long. And everyone has been wrong.

Star Citizen continues to defy expectations in all directions. It lumbers along blatantly defying the laws of physics, finances, and project management and it just can’t die. But it can’t live either. And everyone involved, with each passing month, finds themselves thinking “surely it can’t continue”. Surely they have to release something. Surely there has to be progress. Surely they’ll have to come clean. Surely it can’t go on like this. But it goes on.

This is purgatory. We are caught in purgatory–in the limbo between dreams and disaster. The people who have forgotten Star Citizen are the only ones who are free. We who choose to watch this slow collapse are just as trapped as those who hope they are watching a slow assembly. Time has no meaning here for us. We repeat actions and complaints and sick burns and pizza fights endlessly. We will do this for eternity. All of us, together, in these grey stimperial wastes.

10/10/2017

The Outer Wilds has a complete star system with orbital mechanics, proper exploration loops, full EVA gameplay with ship repairs, first person camera with ship interiors, scanning, interesting NPCs, newtonian physics and a bonkers atmosphere of total mystery.
Yes, but Outer Wilds have one glaring issue: you can't buy an Idris.

I dont really get the emote thing in Odyssey, cool sure, but when are you actually gonna meet another player in a concourse if you're not actively playing together?
I met this guy randomly.
uhhh.jpg

Does anyone know if you can purchase ships with RL money after you purchase the game? E.g. if SWIM bought the base game then decided to later pay $80 for a ship, is that possible, or can you only purchase ships when you pay for the base game at start?

Asking for a friend...

Does anyone know if you can purchase ships with RL money after you purchase the game? E.g. if SWIM bought the base game then decided to later pay $80 for a ship, is that possible, or can you only purchase ships when you pay for the base game at start?

Asking for a friend...

Of course. That’s the business model. You can spend $100s on new ships whenever you want…

Only a core set of ships are available year round though. You have to wait for the big 'sales' for the whole spread of dubious concepts and desirable models to become available.

But essentially, yes, you can go to the ball Cinderella ;). You can buy an Idris if you really want to…

Of course. That’s the business model. You can spend $100s on new ships whenever you want…

Only a core set of ships are available year round though. You have to wait for the big 'sales' for the whole spread of dubious concepts and desirable models to become available.

But essentially, yes, you can go to the ball Cinderella ;). You can buy an Idris if you really want to…
Thanks for the information, I'll pass the information on to my "friend"...

;)

Thanks for the information, I'll pass the information on to my "friend"...

;)
Remember to tell them that the game is best experienced after reaching the level of Legatus Navium:

Only the strongest pillars of the community are worthy, though:
"
Ahead of all others, the noble title of Legatus Navium is an equal match to the honor and virtue you have shown in life. As captains lead their crew, so too are you an example for others to follow, leading Humanity towards a brighter future through your deeds and actions. More than rank alone, it is clear from your manner and bearing you are Legatus Navium.
"

It's still a social interaction in game, the only time I've used the emotes is with randoms I've met standing at a ship terminal or around the stations...a wave in passing to another pilot when dropping off or picking up cargo at some outpost or other...it's kinda nice... since if they're waving at you, they're generally not shooting, nor have they any intention to do so :)
Emotes are most used by roleplayers I think. I use them often with my friends.

Top Bottom