Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I love these euphemisms for "years and years of missed deadlines" and "predatory business practices".

Ach its like some others also mentioned. They know about it, cant change it, simply trying to make the best out of it. Its a good approach I think. I mean as long as you dont deny things and try to alter reality/history I wish I could do it as well with things that frustrate me.

How much have you spent out of interest Number 2? (Given you’re in an org you could just get by with an Aurora right? ;))

I have had a Mustang but swapped it for an Aurora (same price straight swap). That is okay for a bit of delivery and drug running missions everytime there is a wipe so that you can get some cash to buy weapons and armour. If we do a ground attack FPS mission we travel on one or two big ships, so I usually get in a turret or side gunner if there are any free. If it is ship2ship combat it is pretty useless so I either work as a scout or crew up a bigger ship. It is very tempting to spend more money, but I drew a line in the sand at a starter ship. One of the things that I want to do (like in ED) is work my way up in game rather than by spending $00000's in real money. Most people I play with have probably spent $100-300, but many just have one fighter. Some of them have spent a lot of money, Its their money so I do not judge them and they do play a lot more than me. It just wanted to give Old Duck another point of view for his original question. (edit) Also the starter ships both have very good cockpit views if you just want to fly around and explore, there also seems to be an unwritten rule about not attacking the basic aurora that a lot of folk stick too.

Last edited:
I have had a Mustang but swapped it for an Aurora (same price straight swap). That is okay for a bit of trading and drug running everytime there is a wipe so that you can get some cash to buy weapons and armour. If we do a ground attack FPS mission we travel on one or two big ships, so I usually get in a turret or side gunner if there are any free. If it is ship2ship combat it is pretty useless so I either work as a scout or crew up a bigger ship. It is very tempting to spend more money, but I drew a line in the sand at a starter ship. One of the things that I want to do (like in ED) is work my way up in game rather than by spending $00000's in real money. Most people I play with have probably spent $100-300, but many just have one fighter. Some of them have spent a lot of money, Its their money so I do not judge them and they do play a lot more than me. It just wanted to give Old Duck another point of view for his original question.

Fair play to you if that’s what you’ve done.

I picked on that point because, amongst the fair assessments in your post, that phrase still stood out as a bit soft soapy. IE the "no need to spend anymore than $45 on an Aurora". Although you caveated it with the "as you can use or crew up other ships belonging to others in your org" bit, it seems that most people who play regularly do often feel the 'need' to upgrade via real cash. (To increase earnings potential or survivability, to cut travel times and general annoyances, to ensure the persistence of the upgrade vs current in-game buying options etc. Or just to start ‘collecting em all ;)').

If you don’t mind a second question: Have you not tried upgrading your ship in-game as yet? Or are you just making use of vessels in your org for now?

No one is talking about the new mining buggy?

YmRF3YE.jpg

KAXGqL4.jpg
The rear wheels doesn't make sense. If they chose to use that kind of suspension it should be to raise the vehicle's ground clearance and both front and rear suspension arms should be angling down, not up and then dogleg down like that. It's adding an additional joint and point of failure on what's supposed to be an industruial vehicle. And the thing had a pretty low ground clearance too.

The most stupid thng is the front access. Despite the vehicle having a nice side clearance that should make getting in and out very easy even if parked next to a wall. CIG chose to put the main access in the front. There are displays on either sides that you could knock around as you get in a out. There are nothing important on the sides of the cabin, there's no reason for it not to be entire open. They even placed the box thing away from where a door should be, and in a position that guarantee it'll be covered in mud. If the drive hit something and danaged the door he'll have to climb out the side anyway.

There's a lot of empty space at teh bottom rear where they could put the box, it's well above ground clearance. The way the suspension is set up means that's a lot of wasted space. The wheels has to come up very hight and actually hit the box to the side for that rear part to come anywhere near the ground.

Pixels are the wrong shape, Chris busy working on developing new correctly shaped ones and trying for exclusive deal for SC branded panels that use them.
The technology just isn't there to support Cr's dream project yet.

In an article published two years ago today Erin Roberts said:
  • Server meshing "will be coming in next year"
  • CIG will "probably" get the server limit up to "100-odd" "later this year"
I'm sure there's a lot of material for a 'today in SC development' type post going back what was said and NOT done in the last 8 years.

In an article published two years ago today Erin Roberts said:
  • Server meshing "will be coming in next year"
  • CIG will "probably" get the server limit up to "100-odd" "later this year"

You could almost make a template for this:

In an article published X years ago CIG said they Y would be released soon. Z years later it still isn't done.

Alternately: In an article X years ago CIG told pork pies.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
You could almost make a template for this:

In an article published X years ago CIG said they Y would be released soon. Z years later it still isn't done.

The part that was actually done though is all the money that was paid to CIG thanks to those misrepresentations. This pattern of misrepresentation followed by payments to CIG and non delivery has not even stopped yet. Some of the old backers learn and stop paying. Whales driven by sunk cost fallacy and new comers though...

Because it's a Scarab rip-off, just less thought out.

latest

It has two legs less, smaller cargo and lacks the jetpack (how is it gonna straighten, I wonder?) - OTOH it has mining laser, I guess, in a very silly fixed position -, but it's virtually the same vehicle with frontal approach.
SRV is actually example of well thought of believable vehicle :)

More people joining all the time. Probably due to the fallout from the buggy free fly week. People buying in or taking a look, seeing 8 years in development, 300+ million in funding, and still a buggy alpha that is a long long way from being a viable release.

But those two are great. I hope Q&W keeps making more with CR's quotes.

I doubt there is any value in them being posted to the SC sub. The faithful will provide excuses for CR as to why those things never came to pass. Probably involging parroting CIG's excuses.

Thanks to remind me my duty of asking "Where is Erin BTW? (and where is Sandi too, yeah, but who cares)" every now and then. :)

And where is CR?

Erin was meant to be now in charge of SC i thought. Sandi has been absent for a long time, no longer head of marketing, but as i understand, still holds a positon on the board, although it might be as a silent partner. Speculation regarding Sandi is rife, ranging from she's divorced/divorcing Chris to Calders wanted her out of the picture.

Speculation regarding Chris is less certain. He appeared on a video earlier in the year but it looks as though it was filmed the same time as the previous part that was done in 2019. So, no known video with CR in since last year. This is marked difference. Again, there is speculation that Calder's have told him to stop appearing, perhaps because every time he does he promises something new or starts waffling on about something. Maybe he's just too busy, head down, deep in the code, refactoring the whole game or dealing with the business. Or if the Sandi divorce speculation is true, maybe his personal life is having an impact. (EDIT: Maybe the video where CR was approving the NPC clothes was early 2020)

Erin is perhaps the strangest one though. He was in charge of what was theoretically the easier part but then Chambers was brought in to do his job. Why? Because CR is doing other stuff and someone had to take over management of SC? Regardless, why haven't we heard from him?

In what is meant to be the most open development ever, its very strange that we have no real news of 3 of the main actors in this drama for half a year.

Top Bottom