Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

With me not being nearly tall enough to be a Wookie...my darling wife forced me to hire and wear an Ewok suit for one of our kids birthday parties many years ago...I burned all recorded media of the event...as well as issued threats of extreme violence should any images appear in any form of publication between the date of the event and my eventual death 😐

You're George Lucas and I claim my $5!

Ah my old favourites, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon etc, stop it, you are making want to stop playing the game and watch old movies, mind you that's not a bad idea!
I went all modern for last night's viewing...watched the first 3 episodes of Halo. Must admit, from first impressions...besides the Master Chief now having a face like a well worn sandal... I really enjoyed it. The series is set just before the fall of Reach in Halo lore so there's plenty of room, despite an extremely promising start, for Paramount to get it all wrong. We'll see how it develops as the episodes roll out. It might end up as a rom-com yet :)

Last edited:
I went all modern for last night's viewing...watched the first 3 episodes of Halo. Must admit, from first impressions...besides the Master Chief now having a face like a well worn sandal... I really enjoyed it. The series is set just before the fall of Reach in Halo lore so there's plenty of room, despite an extremely promising start, for Paramount to get it all wrong. We'll see how it develops as the episodes roll out. It might end up as a rom-com yet :)
I had no expectations and I liked it. Not sure if the near end nooky is lore but, you gotta have more dimensions than alien killing machine in a show. 🤷‍♂️

Four years (!) ago today, Erin Roberts claimed in an article that server meshing would be added in 2019. And he specifically described it this way:
...will allow everyone to play in one huge instance with all the players. The servers will patch people from place to place. You can have 200 people in a room, and when they leave that room, another server takes over.
In the intervening four years they've abandoned this concept and instead now plan to (!) implement standard instancing that everyone else has. During those four years they've extracted an additional $295 million from backers.

Backers are OK with this.

Resorting to LAFFs has become more predictable than Bonetti's Defense, but now leaves you vunerable to a counter-attack from the current Metacritic score of 3.3 https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-citizen

You have to wonder how low can it get?
Wow, I absolutely not care 🤔 I like the game. Vulnerable to what ?

The refund seems to lack some energy, the frequency and quality of negative reviews is sinking... 😅
Game after 10years cant make any progerss in alpha, just a moneypit with no end. (it's the full review😂)

Last edited:
All kneel before the beneficence of the mighty CIG as they shower their faithful believers with bountiful gifts!
There's so much wrong with your reality-twisting account the state of SC, it's not even worth dissecting. You're too far down the rabbit hole.
Ha yes.
Like it or not, I will play the new FPS missions with my friends in my reality-twisting account soon 😆 More content at each patch !

Yesterday I visited the place dedicated to the next FPS event. The event is not launched but you can go to the place which has no NPC. I really like the design and the place is really huge. Several platforms connected by shuttles in Orison with multi layers, places to cover, places to snipe (some from very long distance), shortcuts, crash site with smoke, several big landing pad (I guess for the reinforcement of baddies troops), chests in plain view or hidden... I had only 20 minutes to visit and I was not able to see the end of the place.

2rahhfx465891.jpg

"polishing placeholder systems"

Now i've heard everything!

Four years (!) ago today, Erin Roberts claimed in an article that server meshing would be added in 2019. And he specifically described it this way:

In the intervening four years they've abandoned this concept and instead now plan to (!) implement standard instancing that everyone else has. During those four years they've extracted an additional $295 million from backers.

Backers are OK with this.
Not all of us, no...but then again, we were just as not OK about it when that piece of ancient history first became apparent during Citcon last year ;)

Last edited:
PS who wants to bet that the addition of surface NPCs will significantly improve the currently stellar NPC behaviour? :)

(Or that CIG will quietly decommission some bunker missions to spare the smoking servers? ;))
There will be a lot of decommissioning to make room for all the ambitious crap the gullible will hail as the coming of the redeemer. Until the next flashy bling show. Then the cycle begins anew. It's like there is digital neuraliser in CIG shows that erases all previous bullnodge they consumed. Or it's just their attention span and memory is kaputt. In any case, I'd say constant exposure to lies definitely desensitises people and dull their minds and sense.

I watched the first episode and it contained some of the most annoying undercranking since the glory days of the mid 90's Hong Kong martial arts flicks. And I love 90's HK flicks. This felt more like a 90's Power Rangers tv show.

2rahhfx465891.jpg

"polishing placeholder systems"

Now i've heard everything!
And yet, many other Early Access/Playable Alpha games managed to do just that, fix bugs and deliver developed game mechanics that meshed well into the game...

Oh, wait. Many other games who went this route used placeholder graphics while developing the game, not placeholder game systems. The graphics were polished only after the game left Alpha, or even after released. But then again, they're not the ones that managed to raise half a billion dollars, most of it through crowd funding, while still managing to make multi-millionaires of the principle creative, his family, and his good friend and business partner. After all, pretty graphics and how much money a game rakes in are the only true measures of success... :rolleyes:

And yet, many other Early Access/Playable Alpha games managed to do just that, fix bugs and deliver developed game mechanics that meshed well into the game...

Oh, wait. Many other games who went this route used placeholder graphics while developing the game, not placeholder game systems. The graphics were polished only after the game left Alpha, or even after released. But then again, they're not the ones that managed to raise half a billion dollars, most of it through crowd funding, while still managing to make multi-millionaires of the principle creative, his family, and his good friend and business partner. After all, pretty graphics and how much money a game rakes in are the only true measures of success... :rolleyes:

If you are polishing the "place holder" to me that means, well, you aren't actually working on the systems and mechanics that are meant to replace the "place holders", that's literally what they are for, an easy and low quality substitute for the actual system/mechanic. If you are polishing the place holders it means you are intending to use them in the released game, don't polish place holders CIG, put in the actual mechanic or system meant to go in that spot!

Top Bottom