Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So, was just watching DG360's latest video and he noted a point that i had missed in CR's recent rant.

Chris Roberts said: Management doesn't dictate timelines

Now, of course, that might be cause for concern by itself, but it actually directly flies in the face of what they were saying a few years ago.

Remember how CIG used to say they intentionally set unrealistic deadlines for the devs in order to motivate them. At that time, i came out hard against that, saying it was crazy, but of course, on reddit the self-proclaimed project managers, developers, CTOs, etc, came out batting for Chris saying this is the right way to do things.

So, CIG are now claiming to be doing the opposite. I wonder if those self-same project managers/devs/CTOs are now coming out of the woodwork to say not dictating timelines is the right way to do things.
It can be both;

You work at your own pace, set your own goals and timeframes, we don't want to be dictating to you.
You are in the best position to know what is achievable and what is not.

Of course for your bonus/pay review, well, I do have some goals and timeframes that will determine that, and if you choose to set the same goes for yourself well that is entirely your choice.

It can be both;

You work at your own pace, set your own goals and timeframes, we don't want to be dictating to you.
You are in the best position to know what is achievable and what is not.

Of course for your bonus/pay review, well, I do have some goals and timeframes that will determine that, and if you choose to set the same goes for yourself well that is entirely your choice.
Well looks like at CIG goals are constantly dictated and changed by CR. Your second line looks like a mean for CR to absolve himself.
How can this go wrong?

lol, no.

i had 10 minutes or so for my vangaurd to "respawn"

and was showing that the muppets that post here saying "ladder kill you everytime" doesnt really happen all that often.

im sure a muppet will post themselves getting killed by a ladder

On that aside from the one the canned animation of putting the box on a bench with use that shunted me into a wall, and a few times when entering the Aurora ending up on the roof rather than inside, I have had no issues.

Fallen thought no floors, killed by no ladders or lifts.

Nor a 30k at all

Oh I sent a friend request but seems times zones are the true barrier to that offer of Hurricane mayhem

Well looks like at CIG goals are constantly dictated and changed by CR. Your second line looks like a mean for CR to absolve himself.
How can this go wrong?
What is true today will be no longer valid tomorrow. And then they've never said it. The scammer hangs their utterances in the wind so that they always blow the right direction. They seek to overwhelm with the number of nonsense they make up. Some do it with tweets, others with videos about fake development.

Saw then ~2000ish at a festival with NoFX headlining... caught Biohazard, Sick Of It All, H2O, Madball, too many times to remember, but was also a big fan of the European metalcore scene too, proper mad shows for Length of Time, Arkangel, etc, etc. Even played a bunch of shows with folks like that in a band I was in ~2002-3. Fun days!

Sorry, off topic!

Saw then ~2000ish at a festival with NoFX headlining... caught Biohazard, Sick Of It All, H2O, Madball, too many times to remember, but was also a big fan of the European metalcore scene too, proper mad shows for Length of Time, Arkangel, etc, etc. Even played a bunch of shows with folks like that in a band I was in ~2002-3. Fun days!

Sorry, off topic!
brother from another mother!

brother from another mother!
I was more of a metal guy, but went to a lot of hardcore shows. Fun fact: Slipknot's new bass player used to play guitar in a London hardcore band - I don't know him personally but have a bunch of mutual acquaintances. It's a small world!

EDIT: Cryforsilence. They were really good. Saw them live a load.

EDIT 2: SORRY MODS!

Right, what was happening with SQ42 again?

Last edited:
I was more of a metal guy, but went to a lot of hardcore shows. Fun fact: Slipknot's new bass player used to play guitar in a London hardcore band - I don't know him personally but have a bunch of mutual acquaintances. It's a small world!

oh no!

no metal!

more punk!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwcWzgroLPA

dont worry, i'll blow up nerds at PO yelling this

Top Bottom