Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Here are some fun 2011 Chris quotes I stumbled on, while digging up the Outlander stuff:

Just goes to show CR didn't understand modern game development.

Pairs very well with his "2 to 3 years or else things will become stale" statement.

And look at how backers have been for the last 5-6 years. Telling everyone who complains about the development time that they don't understand software development. Perhaps in their wisdom they should have told CR 8 years ago.

Oh man, the quotes in the main sub are gold.

SC should be called the first AAAAA Game.

kool-aid-tropical-punch-unsweetenend-soft-drink-mix.jpg

If you want a scam go to alibaba or buy anything made in China. This is the best game currently in development by far and it doesn’t pretend to be finished and release to the public like Cyber Turd

LOL, comparing a business which actually delivers on what it promises with SC? That's pure gold.

Ooof, and anyone mentioning this is the reason for performance and why the game is taking so long is getting downvoted.

You don't even wonder what was behind a statement like that, financial expert or not?

Two sides to it.

One one side is people who presume knowledge they don't have (or trust the info from people who don't possess the knowledge) - which is why i'd like Yaffle's opinion on it, because i know he is an expert, although as I understand, Schrach is as well.

The other side is living in wilful ignorance. Sticking your head in the sand, refusing to question anything, perhaps for fear of discovering something that doesn't match your view of something.

Its one reason some faithful backers really don't like Q&Ws quotes, because they are all literal quotes from CIG. They have to deflect, saying things were taken out of context or they don't mean what people think they mean. Over 100 memes of stuff that somehow means something other than what was said. If nothing else it should at least tell these people you can't trust anything CIG says because apparently they are really bad at saying what they mean.

If anything - they are even worse at delivering games.

How many do we have now?

A number between -1 and 1 not inclusive.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, they are at -2 games at least, since backers have paid for them but not recieved yet.

If we take that CIG said that both games were fully funded at 5.5 million then they actually owe backers close to 100 games by now!

Fun thread

Lots of theorycrafting about how CIG will deal with griefers and pirates.

So far not found anyone talking about 100 to 1 NPC to player ratio yet.... thought it would be top comment as its pretty much the normal cant.

This one gave me a giggle though.

griefers are the same low life Pieces of *#(@ they are in real life. I'll deal with them in game the same way I deal with them in real life.

Look down at the concrete and avoid eye contact?

Got to love internet tough guys.

Top Bottom