Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I used to joke that it'd be released in 2018 and backers would laugh at how ridiculous that was.
So many times i was shouted down and insulted for daring to suggest SC wouldn't be released until after 2020.

And for any historical revisionists who might be present in this thread, this was even after they changed to doing fully landable planets.

But anyway, we know release will be in current_year+2. Its not CIG's fault current_year increments every year!

And you know what? While I hadn't paid CRobber a penny, I really wanted SC to succeed, so I can buy it and play it. But this food and drink thing... I don't want it anymore.
I feel like this is an aspect that doesn't get stressed nearly enough. And also describes my only experience with the game so far, almost dying of thirst because the hydration state didn't reset on wake up, having to find a drink vendor outside of the planet and almost dying of thirst anyway because the game wasn't allowing me to remove my helmet to drink. I'll keep repeating myself but, you can try to sort out bugs how much you want, but idiotic game design decisions will remain largely unaffected until you sort out whatever issues are there with the people making these decisions.

Bought a starter pack a loong time ago, tried it out a few times over the years, meh not yet I said.

Recently installed 3.12 on my aged PC (1155pin) turn the resolution down and the detail up and it runs sort of smooth in the hinterlands.

Upgraded ship to an Avenger Titan, far better ship, the game can still be a glitchy mess sometimes but I've had a couple of stable runs over the last week or two.

I will say that I like the fact that it is far easier to Die in SC as opposed to Elite dangerous especially when you accidentally 'bump' into things.
I like this and I think it is something that ED lacks as SC feels more well 'Dangerous'
Watch a Yamiks landing in a station video for reference.

Apart from this one wee bug that was my Helmet coming off when trying to equip an Oxy pen in a cave that was Not fun as I had to fly to the cave manually as it wouldn't lock on a cave site and OM 's weren't playing ball. Also backpacks not storing stuff, Novikov armour sorted that out.

The star map is an horrendous mess and 30k's are annoying, eating/drinking is Pish.

What can I say it's getting there slowly.

To me the way both games are now is that they are feeding off one another with getting our hard earned money, i.e. paintjobs etc. as Colours could be changed before in SC for no charge / grind.
I think that Odyssey will continue in this vein and bleed off SC with suits weapons etc. having an inherent cost. The race is on for our pennies :)

Bit of a scattered post but hey, ho.
Pug

What can I say it's getting there slowly.
We're about to enter year 12.
None of the “there” that will be gotten in this twelfth year have the foundations in place to support them.
Every “there” they have gotten to before has had been redone.

So yeah, no. “Slowly” is perhaps not the most accurate or adequate word for it.

Last edited:
Sad but pertinent.
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world.
" No. SC is a scam that is taking money and not delivering a product "
Not sure about that I Played it last night, sort off.
Pug

To me the way both games are now is that they are feeding off one another with getting our hard earned money, i.e. paintjobs etc. as Colours could be changed before in SC for no charge / grind.
I think that Odyssey will continue in this vein and bleed off SC with suits weapons etc. having an inherent cost. The race is on for our pennies

I don't really see the parallel. Both of them charge for cosmetics. (ED gets a minor tick for allowing freebies to accrue via play time).

But SC also sells 'pay for advantage' macro purchases (ships) on top, and allows credit purchases too.

(And those concept ship sales over the years have contributed to the scope creep which see SC constantly chasing apparently impossible technical aims.)

If FDev were making moves towards P2W, then yeah you could argue there's some kind of parallel or influence going on. But they're not currently 😄. They've already said the 4 core EDO suits and the various weapons are available to all players. (Plus Braben was always vocally against P2W back in the day. I'd be surprised if they took a sudden tilt into monetising Engineering or something. I suspect it's more likely they'll just make their readies from the £30 asking price and the bonus cosmetics, as they have done til now.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom