Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Notable Changes for February 24th, 2021

Progress Tracker

Sliding

A higher priority was placed on actor performance in 2021, so a few of the actor features have shifted down the line to accommodate this. Sliding was originally due to start work in Q4 this year, but since it has slid to early 2022, we have temporarily taken it off the Progress Tracker until additional quarters are revealed.

——

The following deliverables have been added to the Progress Tracker view:

• Actor Status T2 (Actor Feature Team)
Actor Status Tier 2 looks at a variety of new elements such as hygiene, NPC status tracking, multiple bites, DNA integrity, medical insurance, cybernetic limbs and cloning.

• Small Home – Outpost – Rundown (Modular Team)
A rundown version of a small home for AI to live and shelter in. They consist of a central hub and a few optional internal and external modules. They provide the basic necessities to support a small group of people for an indefinite amount of time.

Release View

Due to priority being placed on the XenoThreat event in January, these deliverables did not reach feature-complete status by the cutoff time for Alpha 3.13 and have therefore been moved to Alpha 3.14. There is quite a bit of momentum on the development of these features, however, and this will allow them to be in a more polished state for their release.

• Missile Operator Mode
  • Missiles – Guidance & Control Rework
  • Surrender
These deliverables have successfully passed their final review. For this reason, we have updated the label on their cards to “Committed” and changed their color to blue:

• Object Push & Pull
  • Mounted Guns
  • Force Reactions
  • New Asteroids – Stanton System
  • Cave Entrances – Drive-In & Sinkhole
  • Refinery Stations – Non-Commercial Overlays
  • Vehicle Visual Degradation
  • Vehicle Names and Serial Numbers
——

The following deliverables have been added to the Release view:

• Mining Sub-Components (3.13)
Mining sub-components will allow players to customize their lasers to suit specific jobs and encounters. For example, some will make mining easier, some will make it faster, and some will have great stat boosts at the cost of serious trade-offs elsewhere.

• Shield Effects v2 (3.13)
Implementing improvements including the use of particles with signed distance fields to allow shields to more closely conform to the shape of the vehicle, allowing better visibility at distance, creating clearer visual cues that the shield is being damaged, and its overall health.

• UI – Reputation (3.13)
This feature will give players insight into their reputation with the important NPCs and organizations they have interacted with. This will also include a total list of reputation ranks, including those that have been completed and the ones they’re actively working on.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Right! It's been about 10 years. Might I suggest, from now on if anyone tries to excuse Star Citizen with the "but it's alpha" defence, they automatically lose the argument.
Oh that one has a really simple and easy counter answer: No, because no other game has the same ambition or tries to do what SC is trying to do. How do you know 10 years is too much for this alpha if no one has ever tried this level of ambition and fidelity?😋

Am I doing this well?

Oh that one has a really simple and easy counter answer: No, because no other game has the same ambition or tries to do what SC is trying to do. How do you know 10 years is too much for this alpha if no one has ever tried this level of ambition and fidelity?😋

Am I doing this well?
First🥇

cwPM1Y1.png

Somewhere, Joe Blobers sees a signal in the sky.

Right! It's been about 10 years. Might I suggest, from now on if anyone tries to excuse Star Citizen with the "but it's alpha" defence, they automatically lose the argument.
Dooguk's Law, youll be on RealWiki before you know it :)

Cave Entrances – Drive-In & Sinkhole
Clever! They've obviously watched Dr Kay video and know what the audience wants, theyre trying to sow FUDdery about ED :)

Don't know. Depend if the guys that started to compare Valheim beta to SC's alpha continue in this way.
I don't think the two games are being compared, there is no comparison. Iron Gate studios is a small development team of 5 guys who put their rather unpretentious Viking survival game through Steam early access to perhaps find the capital to add the planned and hoped for features and maybe make it to full release...they hit the jackpot. The emphasis is on the unpretentious...I'm quite certain the word 'fidelity' wasn't mentioned once during it's development. Valheim also doesn't claim to do anything 'never been done before'. It just does what it does very simply and very competently.

The main difference between Valheim and Star Citizen/Sqn 42 is that folk who bought the game via Steam early access won't be asked for any more cash to support it's continued development. Supporting the development of Valheim is the best value £15 I've spent in years. I should mention that I'm a habitual hater of the survival genre of games...Arc lasted all of 30 minutes on my hard drive, Rust, Day-Z and a few others, even less. So far, I've logged about 100 hours both solo and co-op in Valheim in less than a fortnight...along with over 4.5 million other people it seems ;)

Last edited:
Don't know. Depend if the guys that started to compare Valheim beta to SC's alpha continue in this way.

Valheim in the big news in gaming at the moment. Small studio comes out of nowhere with an amazingly popular game. Played it for 30 mins last might, looks good.

Comparisons, at least in terms of success will be drawn. I'm sure some people are pointing to Valheim in relation to ED as well saying "Look, this is how you do games FD!"

But the SC fan's love of pointing to other games to try and bring them down in order to make SC look less bad is quite amusing. Can't simply say "well done those guys it would be great if CIG could get their act together and deliver on what they promised all those years ago, but still haven't even with 600 employees and almost half a billion in funding."

Name your ship whatever you want! As long as its one of the select ships and as long as its not a name that has been reserved for your ship by someone who pledged for a unique name.

You want Millennium Falcon? Sorry, no. Someone already paid to have that name. Serenity? Nope! All your favourite ships names lost, like tears from a backers wallet.

Name your ship whatever you want! As long as its one of the select ships and as long as its not a name that has been reserved for your ship by someone who pledged for a unique name.

You want Millennium Falcon? Sorry, no. Someone already paid to have that name. Serenity? Nope! All your favourite ships names lost, like tears from a backers wallet.
Select ships...that's where it gets interesting. I can guarantee it'll be on new cash purchases only...like the upcoming Hercules Starlifter series due for release with 3.13. Ci¬G already tried the naming thing out with the permanent jpeg of the Drake Corsair...which only the warbond new cash only version was eligible for naming. We can see where this will be going :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom