Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Stolen from SA

GuaQ3gS.png

Welcome to the V12 FOLKS!!!!
View attachment 178052

What do you mean??

We play it in our heads same as the SC test commanders ^^

Yep an Inside Star Citizen video where they show surface shots of the Pyro II planet (by itself, not in the verse with ships and people), even though the Pyro system is not on the roadmap. This is all fine with the backers.

Appearantly, accountability and transparency are of no concern to the pro-CIG backers as long as there are more anouncements and the tech-demo being "fun".

I just want to know if they finally have the pipelines setup to speed up content creation. A lot of imaginary money is riding on this.

CIG might have bad news for you....sometimes next year when people figure out what this year happened.....cuz transparent and stuff

Squadrons 42 and Arena Commander looking really good
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCcfJ9uEwvs

I ve got questions....

Can you exit your cockpit and walk through the hangar?
Is there a bar or lounge where you can chat and interact with real-life NPCs?
Can you stand up during flight and walk around your ̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶l̶ ship?
Can you mine stuff?
Can you pick up boxes?
WHY does one of the imperial commanders look like agent Lau from The Division?

Without further pointing it out everybody and his cow can see that this product is inferiuor to the BDSSE that is Star Citizen....

#curtains

Squadrons 42 and Arena Commander looking really good
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCcfJ9uEwvs
What I find astonishing about that vid, is that EA seem to have used raw in game footage for nearly, if not all of it, unlike some other companies closer to topic here...where's the motion blur, heat hazing, colour grading and all that other post processing jazz normally festooning promo vids these days?

In fact I'm almost in shock and can't believe I'm calling EA honest...someone pass me the mouthwash...

I ve got questions....

Can you exit your cockpit and walk through the hangar?
Is there a bar or lounge where you can chat and interact with real-life NPCs?
Can you stand up during flight and walk around your ̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶l̶ ship?
Can you mine stuff?
Can you pick up boxes?
WHY does one of the imperial commanders look like agent Lau from The Division?

Can my pilot die of starvation or thirst during a major squad battle?

...otherwise I'm simply not interested

What I find astonishing about that vid, is that EA seem to have used raw in game footage for nearly, if not all of it, unlike some other companies closer to topic here...where's the motion blur, heat hazing, colour grading and all that other post processing jazz normally festooning promo vids these days?

In fact I'm almost in shock and can't believe I'm calling EA honest...someone pass me the mouthwash...
Right now, my left hand is struggling to keep my right hand from clicking on the pre-order button. It’s been screaming, “Don’t! EA is pure evil! Remember what they’ve done to game studios and franchises you’ve liked! Remember the loot boxes! Remember... oh! That looks fantastic!”

🖱 Click.

“ ... Dang nab it...”

Why pre-order? They're not gonna run out of copies - it isn't a fresh-cash-only Warbond Concept-JPEG sale

What you think people are going to wait for release and read reviews?

Get with the program grand-pa, this is 2020... ;-)

If the trailer's good enuf, put yer cash down now and look for ways to supliment your pre-order with additional merchendise. If the games a pile of rubbish no worries they can patch it good laterz like NoMansSkys innit?

That's wot' real gamerz do

If the trailer's good enuf, put yer cash down now and look for ways to supliment your pre-order with additional merchendise. If the games a pile of rubbish no worries they can patch it good laterz like NoMansSkys innit?

Meh. They can wait to get my money on release day. I don't get this urge to "preorder" and give your money away for free. Banks don't loan money for free either, so consumers shouldn't either. In the end you get the respect you deserve - be cheap and you'll be treated cheap.

Meh. They can wait to get my money on release day. I don't get this urge to "preorder" and give your money away for free. Banks don't loan money for free either, so consumers shouldn't either. In the end you get the respect you deserve - be cheap and you'll be treated cheap.

Thats just dry logic and the vulcan way to see the world....so boring.

Why do you think companies invest BILLIONS to invoke the feeling of "missing out" if you dont get on the train? Consumers being cash cows is something nobody likes to hear but its very accurate seeing as various things work out. I have so many rigid rules to avoid wrong purchases and it didnt protect me either because hype is an overpowering infectious disease thats hard to resist. My latest purchases I regret.

Borderlands 3
Torchlight 3

My only comfort is that even tho I occasionally fail my track record could be far worse if I didnt even try to fight the urge and simply "embrace the inevitable"

Why do you think companies invest BILLIONS to invoke the feeling of "missing out" if you dont get on the train? Consumers being cash cows is something nobody likes to hear but its very accurate seeing as various things work out. I have so many rigid rules to avoid wrong purchases and it didnt protect me either because hype is an overpowering infectious disease thats hard to resist. My latest purchases I regret.

Borderlands 3
Torchlight 3

My only comfort is that even tho I occasionally fail my track record could be far worse if I didnt even try to fight the urge and simply "embrace the inevitable"

My son played Borderlands 3 a lot, he said it was good.

Torchlight 3 no idea about. I enjoyed Torchlight 2 a lot and played it quite a bit. Was a long time ago.

Borderlands 3
Torchlight 3

I, too, have my impulse buy days. Last game I got day one was the last Anno game. No regrets there, but I had a couple of duds there too. The rest of impulse buying is when I go "I'd like some RTS now" and get something on Steam.

Why pre-order? They're not gonna run out of copies - it isn't a fresh-cash-only Warbond Concept-JPEG sale

I haven’t actually pre-ordered... yet. I’m just amazed at how quickly my attitude towards this game has changed. It’s gone from:

“Eh, it’s EA. No matter how good it looks, it’ll be riddled with loot boxes, micro-transactions, and DLCs that should be in the base game. If it at least passes muster, I’ll pick it up a Steam Sale for half off,”

To:

“Hurry up and take my money!”

I suppose this is how Star Citizen has managed to nick $300 million from backers to date, despite not only failing to deliver the game they promised in 2014, but what CIG has produced over the six years since then.

Well, that and the $120 I was originally prepared to spend on ED when Odyssey was released. No VR, no $$$!

Well, that and the $120 I was originally prepared to spend on ED when Odyssey was released. No VR, no $$$!

$120? Odyssey doesn't have a price yet - is that just a figure you came up with, to tease FD? Like "hey Mr Braben, look at that suitcase...go ahead..open it, what's that inside? That's right, one hundred and twenty crisp dollars...but not for you, no VR...maybe I'll give them to Mr Roberts...let's see what kind of special space ships Mr Roberts can give me for this huh????"

• Three months ago on Inside Star Citizen they hyped the "Idris Attack" mission, coming in 3.9!
  • This mission was not on the roadmap
  • The "Idris" was not a real Idris but a hollow shell with some AI
  • They released the mission to Evocati 3.9
  • Then they pulled it
  • There's been no mention of it since
  • 3.10 doesn't seem to have it
  • It's still not on the roadmap
How can you not be entertained by this project? :D

$120? Odyssey doesn't have a price yet - is that just a figure you came up with, to tease FD? Like "hey Mr Braben, look at that suitcase...go ahead..open it, what's that inside? That's right, one hundred and twenty crisp dollars...but not for you, no VR...maybe I'll give them to Mr Roberts...let's see what kind of special space ships Mr Roberts can give me for this huh????"

Not USB drives shaped like space ships in special green boxes at any rate :D

Top Bottom