Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

It's an oldie but a goodie...
Meanwhile these accomplishments happened during SC's past 7 year development period in alpha:

• Release of the entire Peter Jackson Hobbit Trilogy
  • The Avengers franchise was created, destroyed in a Civil War, and reassembled in time for the Infinity Wars
  • Spider man franchise rebooted.....twice
  • Four different Star Wars movies released and were all flops
  • Godzilla franchise was resurrected from a dead Japanese franchise, to an American franchise, back to a mediocre Japanese franchise, and died again as a horrific cartoon animie
  • Real world space travel has made massive tech jumps towards commercial space travel through SpaceX
  • Elon's Tesla brand went from inner clique super cool, to a lemon Yugo brand nobody wants to be associated with anymore
  • G8 became G7 after Russia annexed Crimea
  • Donald Trump ascended to the pinnacle of Maslow's Hierarchy. From eccentric Billionaire/celeb businessman on The Apprentice, to President and leader of the free world in the White House.
....And elsewhere in the industry:
  • CP2077 (aka ArcCorp on steroids and what SC planet side PvE game play was supposed to be by now) is set for release later this year.
  • ED is set to add space leg and potential PvE game play v. lore based aliens with legs.
  • Some 5 programmers and two modelers later: Empyrion Galactic Survival is finally leaving Alpha/Early Access on Steam come August 4.
All of EGS fundamental and core game mechanics/game play loops have been finalized and in place. The recent Update 12 which added the proc gen universe, several new quests for an enhanced MQ/story line, and rudimentary player agency was apparently an exit milestone criteria into beta. Not bad progress for an older sandbox space title which development began back in 2013. Graphics are dated for obvious reason, but game play elements are sound with a stable game. And the game will continue being a living WIP as the dev will be expanding/improving upon the graphics, adding voice acting, improving ambiance and other sounds, game features/mechanics (ie improved player agency, RP/MQ, ship combat etc) throughout beta.

This review by an SC fan boi
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhQ0FBOVsew

Another EGS review
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBKmRkaGlAw

Have to wonder: if they were to reskin/re-texture the game with HD/realistic graphics (similar to ED) wonder how many more SC disciples would be converted to playing EGS?
Regardless, CI and CR really need a reality check.

"With signature and stealth instead of getting hung up on various stats, you need to..."

...get hung up detection range and stats like IR, EM (he even says they're stats in the video!) and radar type (which you don't know).

Also nice to see they duplicated Elite's system. Your signature depends on ship type and components - like in Elite. And you can suppress your signature in-flight by using counter-measures and managing your modules - just like in Elite.

Wonderful. Now let's just hope it won't be broken like everything else.

No I don’t sweety 😁
What heresy is this?
8yna7i56ecc51.png

8yna7i56ecc51.png

On the one hand, deserved, as you shouldn't publicly contest moderation.

On the other hand, CIG removing the most upvoted question rather than simply saying they have nothing to say on the matter is rather bad.

Still, this is nothing new. I remember previous polls where they outright ignored the most upvoted questions or requests. I seem to remember one poll where they asked backers what should be their next development focus (from a list CIG provided) and they then didn't do what backers voted for. I mean, if you're not going to answer the questions backers are asking or do what backers vote for, why ask them in the first place?

Still, this is nothing new. I remember previous polls where they outright ignored the most upvoted questions or requests.
Oh, but it is, they advanced form ignorance to censorship :) Besides, I don't see the challenge in that post, it just says what moderators did, without any description or judgement. I believe they triggered on the word 'censorship', as one can't publicly call the censorship a censorship, this action is a subject to censorship.
Holy Roberts, that was a lot of censorships, maybe I need to lay out a pipeline for that...

"With signature and stealth instead of getting hung up on various stats, you need to..."

...get hung up detection range and stats like IR, EM (he even says they're stats in the video!) and radar type (which you don't know).

Also nice to see they duplicated Elite's system. Your signature depends on ship type and components - like in Elite. And you can suppress your signature in-flight by using counter-measures and managing your modules - just like in Elite.

Wonderful. Now let's just hope it won't be broken like everything else.
In Elite: Dangerous you indeed can do all that. But in Elite you do that without respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call Roberts Godfather. Instead, you come into Eilte: Dangerous on some day six years ago, and you play a released game.

Last edited:
Do we have any actual footage of this rather then theory waffling?
Actual footage of what ? Some numbers on the HUD/radar of ships ?
It's a guy that checked the detect range in 3.10 for several ships. And he get back the formula with its data because the formula is easy to guess.
No theory waffling here.

Oh, but it is, they advanced form ignorance to censorship :) Besides, I don't see the challenge in that post, it just says what moderators did, without any description or judgement. I believe they triggered on the word 'censorship', as one can't publicly call the censorship a censorship, this action is a subject to censorship.
Holy Roberts, that was a lot of censorships, maybe I need to lay out a pipeline for that...

FD's forums have the same rule. You cannot, in any shape or form, discuss moderation.

Except to blame TJ.

Well, there's rules and ppl gotta deal with them. Just don't argue about moderation - it's not so hard.

FD's forums have the same rule. You cannot, in any shape or form, discuss moderation.
But what if I feel my country has an overly binge-focused drinking culture, and prefer to try and foster an environment where myself and a few friends can slowly enjoy one or two drinks and each other's company over an afternoon?

Top Bottom