Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Slapping "Censorship!" on can be qualified as discussion. Or rather judgement.
Hey, that was my line! Stop stealing my pipelines, I have already filled them with fidelity!

BTW, here is a thought: CI-G declares that Bartender AI is a base for all other AI in the game. Sooo, what if I'm in combat against overwhelming enemy and I order a drink from enemy pilot? Will it hang for 2 minutes doing nothing and then go make me a drink, OR will it continue to fight me for two minutes and then go make me a drink?

Actually, maybe that 2-minut pause between order and execution we get from Bartender is because some of combat code leaked back, and he doesn't idle, but access his (luckily none available) options of obliterating the patron?

Last edited:
Upgrade to the stealth and signature mechanics in 3.10
That YouTube channel has videos going back six years that seem to be exclusively about Star Citizen. And as best I can tell from a cursory scan of all the titles, not a word or hint of criticism.

Upgrade to the stealth and signature mechanics in 3.10

It’s unclear from the vid what metrics have actually changed in 3.10.

An interesting aspect of the 'introduction of stealth' in 3.9 is they just seemed to nerf scanner ranges wholesale. Messing up mining scanning in the process, as it seems to rely on the same system.

Wonder if they’ve squared that circle in 3.10 :unsure:

Sure, but as I see it, dude wan't discussing moderation, he just wrote that something was moderated. That's hardly qualifies as discussion, no?

All rules have wiggle room for interpretation, and clearly the CIG mod involved chose the stricter interpretation. Its no secret that CIG's mods do whatever they can to reduce criticism and steer the narrative how they want.

In Elite: Dangerous you indeed can do all that. But in Elite you do that without respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call Roberts Godfather. Instead, you come into Eilte: Dangerous on some day six years ago, and you play a released game.
Let's be fair with CiG here, stealth in this type of game can only be implemented so many ways. I would not use Elite as a base for comparison here as it was not the first either to do that... Also to their credit, they did separate IR and EM signatures. Still missing though:
  • actual radar and/or sensors implementation, at the moment there's a scanner "ping" that was meant for mining that's also revealing everything in its radius, but that's it, the detection range is a hidden variable, ships that are supposed to have better radars (and pay a price for it) are just the same so they are dead weight / wasted money.
  • radar occlusion (by space rocks, terrain..) and terrain masking, at the moment the ship detection sphere is all-knowing, all the time.
  • actual stealth module implementation, like the one carried by the Hornet Ghost, which is still a dead weight. This was an early backer ship from 2012, we are mid 2020 and it's still not there. Cultists will whine with "but the Ghost has a reduced signature !!!!", well from that 3.10 chart it's only 0.9 which is next to nothing (and certainly far from offsetting the loss of the ball turret), and it's not affected by replacing that module with a ball turret like on the regular Hornet.
  • Working counter measures, EW modules (again, these are sold on flyable ships but non functional)...

Bets if this is going to work as envisioned or if its going to turn out any different, pushed back etc. Do we have any actual footage of this rather then theory waffling?
It's current figures in current patch, still like i said, it's not telling what's still missing...

Let's be fair with CiG here, stealth in this type of game can only be implemented so many ways. I would not use Elite as a base for comparison here as it was not the first either to do that... Also to their credit, they did separate IR and EM signatures. Still missing though:
  • actual radar and/or sensors implementation, at the moment there's a scanner "ping" that was meant for mining that's also revealing everything in its radius, but that's it, the detection range is a hidden variable, ships that are supposed to have better radars (and pay a price for it) are just the same so they are dead weight / wasted money.
  • radar occlusion (by space rocks, terrain..) and terrain masking, at the moment the ship detection sphere is all-knowing, all the time.
  • actual stealth module implementation, like the one carried by the Hornet Ghost, which is still a dead weight. This was an early backer ship from 2012, we are mid 2020 and it's still not there. Cultists will whine with "but the Ghost has a reduced signature !!!!", well from that 3.10 chart it's only 0.9 which is next to nothing (and certainly far from offsetting the loss of the ball turret), and it's not affected by replacing that module with a ball turret like on the regular Hornet.
  • Working counter measures, EW modules (again, these are sold on flyable ships but non functional)...

It's current figures in current patch, still like i said, it's not telling what's still missing...

I generally suggest avoiding comparing with ED, at least in terms of which is better, especially as when a lot is based on subjective opinion. Also, when the "other side" says ED (or SC) is a pile of doo doo then all it does is means the other side is slightly better than a pile of doo doo. Not exactly a resounding statement.

However, i think its fair to compare it terms of providing contrast to highlight how things can differ or in terms of similarities showing how common problems generally result in common solutions.

It’s unclear from the vid what metrics have actually changed in 3.10.
I am not an expert on stealth. What I have understood : in 3.10, each ship as now a native multiplicator to stealth signature. The Eclipse has for instance a 0.7 multiplicator. In 3.9 if it was detected at 3.0 km, now it is detected at 3.0 km x 0.7 = 2.1 km without changing anything.

I am not an expert on stealth. What I have understood : in 3.10, each ship as now a native multiplicator to stealth signature. The Eclipse has for instance a 0.7 multiplicator. In 3.9 if it was detected at 3.0 km, now it is detected at 3.0 km x 0.7 = 2.1 km without changing anything.

Yep this reddit post clarifies it a bit. Different hulls now have distinct multipliers for the stealth metrics, as you say.

Suggests to me that mining will still be borked then ;)

Bets if this is going to work as envisioned or if its going to turn out any different, pushed back etc. Do we have any actual footage of this rather then theory waffling?

lol, when you have a stealth eclipse come up on you, it looks like this:

Explode out of no where

extra fun if the missile warning bugs out and you just explode out of no where.

Best low effort griefing ship there is. But it is too boring, even for me.

Top Bottom