Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Death by commuter fatigue?

(What was going on there? Some kind of animation loop kicking you straight out again?)

Or were you just demonstrating the miracle of a non-lethal ladder? 😄
The ladder of doom bug is one of those unique cases where Ci¬G actually fixed it quite some time ago...and it's stayed fixed. I certainly noticed the fix considering how many times I use the ladder on my Prospector during the majority of my game sessions. It used to be 70 - 30 for getting killed/surviving when entering the Prospy or Freelancer.

It was mainly caused by standing too far away, leaping about like a 10 year old or trying to run away from the ship when opening the door, understandable since it usually killed you....the enter ship animation unique to the Prospector and Freelancer used to kick in too soon dragging you under the ladder as it deployed...they just changed the timing of the canned animation a bit. Even if you stand right under the ladder or n00b-sprint about as it's deploying...the canned animation will now snap you to the right spot before activating. Slightly less fidelatious just snapping to the right spot for the animation to kick in...but also less annoying and a lot less lethal.

There's a lot of n00b-sprinting and leaping about like a 10 year old goes on in SC...broken legs on stairs anyone?

lm74fp3.gif

With the Freelancer, you could always use the rear ramp to avoid the old dance of death...with the Prospector, the door ladder is the only way in or out.

Last edited:
Death by commuter fatigue?

(What was going on there? Some kind of animation loop kicking you straight out again?)

Or were you just demonstrating the miracle of a non-lethal ladder? 😄

lol, no.

i had 10 minutes or so for my vangaurd to "respawn"

and was showing that the muppets that post here saying "ladder kill you everytime" doesnt really happen all that often.

im sure a muppet will post themselves getting killed by a ladder

lol, no.

and was showing that the muppets that post here saying "ladder kill you everytime" doesnt really happen all that often.

Ok so the second one. You were demonstrating the miracle of a non-lethal ladder repeatedly :)

Not sure who's the muppet in that scenario friendo ;)

(PS for what it's worth only two people have mentioned ladders as uber-killers in this thread incarnation. And one of them was you ;))

1990's hardcore kid

gotta love the sandworm

likely hood of any of y'all getting this

0%

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpDxB374CP0
I've read Dune a couple of times.
IIRC Shai-Hulud were the Sandworms.

Apparently that's the name of the band playing in your video?
Energetic, but not very uplifting music - in a way, quite fitting for Star Citizen combat though. :)

edit: yeah, good ol' Google confirmed my suspicions, on both accounts

So, was just watching DG360's latest video and he noted a point that i had missed in CR's recent rant.

Chris Roberts said: Management doesn't dictate timelines

Now, of course, that might be cause for concern by itself, but it actually directly flies in the face of what they were saying a few years ago.

Remember how CIG used to say they intentionally set unrealistic deadlines for the devs in order to motivate them. At that time, i came out hard against that, saying it was crazy, but of course, on reddit the self-proclaimed project managers, developers, CTOs, etc, came out batting for Chris saying this is the right way to do things.

So, CIG are now claiming to be doing the opposite. I wonder if those self-same project managers/devs/CTOs are now coming out of the woodwork to say not dictating timelines is the right way to do things.

Wat.

Setting timelines is literally one of management's main jobs in whatever company they, erm, manage. The higher up the pecking order, the more 'top level' the timeline, sure, but it's the folks at the top who should be signing off on schedules that affect the entire company.

Just chucking the whole thing down to department or team level project managers (all who will have conflicting priorities) is asking for trouble.

Although, tbh, it may actually be an improvement in this case.

So, was just watching DG360's latest video and he noted a point that i had missed in CR's recent rant.

Chris Roberts said: Management doesn't dictate timelines

Now, of course, that might be cause for concern by itself, but it actually directly flies in the face of what they were saying a few years ago.

Remember how CIG used to say they intentionally set unrealistic deadlines for the devs in order to motivate them. At that time, i came out hard against that, saying it was crazy, but of course, on reddit the self-proclaimed project managers, developers, CTOs, etc, came out batting for Chris saying this is the right way to do things.

So, CIG are now claiming to be doing the opposite. I wonder if those self-same project managers/devs/CTOs are now coming out of the woodwork to say not dictating timelines is the right way to do things.

It can be both;

You work at your own pace, set your own goals and timeframes, we don't want to be dictating to you.
You are in the best position to know what is achievable and what is not.

Of course for your bonus/pay review, well, I do have some goals and timeframes that will determine that, and if you choose to set the same goes for yourself well that is entirely your choice.

It can be both;

You work at your own pace, set your own goals and timeframes, we don't want to be dictating to you.
You are in the best position to know what is achievable and what is not.

Of course for your bonus/pay review, well, I do have some goals and timeframes that will determine that, and if you choose to set the same goes for yourself well that is entirely your choice.
Well looks like at CIG goals are constantly dictated and changed by CR. Your second line looks like a mean for CR to absolve himself.
How can this go wrong?

lol, no.

On that aside from the one the canned animation of putting the box on a bench with use that shunted me into a wall, and a few times when entering the Aurora ending up on the roof rather than inside, I have had no issues.

Fallen thought no floors, killed by no ladders or lifts.

Nor a 30k at all

Oh I sent a friend request but seems times zones are the true barrier to that offer of Hurricane mayhem

Well looks like at CIG goals are constantly dictated and changed by CR. Your second line looks like a mean for CR to absolve himself.
How can this go wrong?
What is true today will be no longer valid tomorrow. And then they've never said it. The scammer hangs their utterances in the wind so that they always blow the right direction. They seek to overwhelm with the number of nonsense they make up. Some do it with tweets, others with videos about fake development.

Top Bottom