Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

What? Iceland is only about 1000km from your home! Get on a boat or something!
Gives a whole different meaning to the phrase "Mum's been to Iceland" :ROFLMAO:

1602938845600.png

What? Iceland is only about 1000km from your home! Get on a boat or something!
There's a Tesco and Aldi in Kirkwall...but spending an entire day getting there and back on a ferry (3 hours each way) makes visiting a supermarket pure purgatory...even worse if the sea is lumpy and we have to cling on to the seats to avoid becoming onboard debris...having to take a turn on the oars is a bummer too. Orkney ferries...one step up from a longship and there's not even a complimentary helmet with horns.

Orkney...where shopping trips to the mainland usually went like this...

7NjFBmO.jpg

Last edited:
Look, it's just a slight misunderstanding because people get this bee in their bonnets about pronouncing “ch” differently from “sh”. All that furore over a simple missing or extra t-sound.

View attachment 191653

Hey, I know him, he's Jeb from Kerbal Space Citizen!
Jeb and Bob shooting for the Kerbol-landing:
wey3hevisgt51.jpg

"I watched a 78 minute SQ42 video which was just a fly through of an empty space station environment. No indication of what actual gameplay takes place there, no actual mechanics or demonstration of the intended mechanics ... just "wow, look at how cool this looks, hey... that looks like a good place to hide ... and over there, this thing could maybe go up and down, that could be really fun".
See, I told you there is exploration gameplay loop!

Which are obviously both wrong. Its a Lake or a Tarn as we all know.

Are those Roadmaps getting smaller, and just remind me, is this what they are doing, what they are going to do or is it now actually what they have done? Is it a roadmap if youre looking out of the rear window is what Im asking?

There's a Tesco and Aldi in Kirkwall...but spending an entire day getting there and back on a ferry (3 hours each way) makes visiting a supermarket pure purgatory...even worse if the sea is lumpy and we have to cling on to the seats to avoid becoming onboard debris...having to take a turn on the oars is a bummer too. Orkney ferries...one step up from a longship and there's not even a complimentary helmet with horns.

7NjFBmO.jpg

Does Amazon deliver to your place free of charge?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

7NjFBmO.jpg

I somehow picture the Orkneys like the Iron Born islands in Game of Thrones...

ironislands.jpg

Why does this particular discussion sound soooo familiar?

At least in ED we don't have that idiotic Death of a Spaceman idea.

I like how some people are discussing whether DoaS will be some sort of deterrent to griefers. Erm... its not the griefers who are usually doing the dying.

I somehow picture the Orkneys like the Iron Born islands in Game of Thrones...

ironislands.jpg
just to back up mole is not producing dreams.txt ;-) i spend 3 weeks on rousay some years ago. it changed my mind on "what is natural". for exampel the tide up there is so strong, that you can float backwards while having full wind in your sails.
i really can recommend going there. it will take you 2+ days from anywhere, which is why not a lot of tourist will do so, but you'll experience something rare, unique and mindblowing.
like going through the usual storm to the beach, where it is suddenly quiet and warm, and swim with sea lions.

to make it more on topic - places like that make me highly sceptical that any game can produce more wonders than earth, and it also tells something about our idea of extremes is often far behind the reality. which is a problem creating the even more extreme extraterrestrial worlds.

just to back up mole is not producing dreams.txt ;-) i spend 3 weeks on rousay some years ago. it changed my mind on "what is natural". for exampel the tide up there is so strong, that you can float backwards while having full wind in your sails.
i really can recommend going there. it will take you 2+ days from anywhere, which is why not a lot of tourist will do so, but you'll experience something rare, unique and mindblowing.
like going through the usual storm to the beach, where it is suddenly quiet and warm, and swim with sea lions.

to make it more on topic - places like that make me highly sceptical that any game can produce more wonders than earth, and it also tells something about our idea of extremes is often far behind the reality. which is a problem creating the even more extreme extraterrestrial worlds.
Aye, it's truly a wonderful...but wild place to live. It's also a very ancient place...there's been advanced human civilisation on these islands for over 5,500 years. The ring of Brodgar on the main island was erected 1500 years before Stonehenge, it's also the oldest recorded stone circle anywhere in Europe...maybe the first. It also predates the Egyptian pyramids by over 1,000 years. The history of these islands seeps into every pore after a while. You can't walk anywhere without tripping over Viking boat burials, Pictish burial mounds or rocks strewn with Runic writing. I even have a couple of runestones built in to the wall of my byre which was built in the 17th century....not to mention the 4,500 year old stone circle in my bottom field that I have to keep ploughing around every year :)

The ring of Brodgar. It still amazes me that no-one really knows or remembers through some genetic or racial memory what the purpose of these circles were...considering that they're found all over Europe. Humans, as a species have certainly forgotten more than we'll ever learn. The tree huggers, archaeologists and hippies like to imagine that they're some form of solar calendar or ritual site of feasting...even human sacrifice...I like to imagine the deeper purpose as a bit more practical or mundane...perhaps the first ever public urinals ;)

hR7upqz.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom