Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Can imagine the courier "Oh hell, its the damn a** end of nowhere again!"
We don't do couriers here either...Malcolm, my neighbour who runs a small haulage business as well as his farm picks up the courier parcels in one of his trucks from Kirkwall and they disappear into his byre for a few days until he remembers to deliver them...Amazon stuff is delivered by Linda the Viking postie straight off the morning plane. She wanders in, makes herself a cup of tea, helps herself to the biscuits and blethers for half an hour before moving on :)

We don't do couriers here either...Malcolm my neighbour picks the courier parcels up in one of his trucks from Kirkwall and they disappear into his byre for a few days until he remembers to deliver them...Amazon stuff is delivered by Linda the Viking postie straight off the morning plane. She wanders in, makes herself a cup of tea, helps herself to the biscuits and blethers for half an hour before moving on :)

Life is certainly different out there.

The locals up here pronounce 'Loch' different too...they call them 'Fjords' :D
The cheek!

Linda the Viking postie straight off the morning plane.

Your next Prime delivery is incoming

dtGkyFj.gif

Anyway...back on topic :)

After the latest 3.11 patch it infuriates me that yet again refuelling and repair in stations is randomly broken...as well as a few other reappearing bugs that seem to have recurring birthdays :cautious:

It's a bit more like this...

View attachment 191713

I do envy your life. I know its remote and not cosmopolitan, but getting away from city life would be so nice. My wife would love to live in a big city like Moscow or St. Petersburg because of all the culture, but i can't think of anything worse.

I always said when i get older i want to buy a cow and a pig and breed sheep.

I'm not entirely clued up on how all this nature stuff works though.

Look, i'm a CTO of a Fortune 5000 sheep development company, and i want to assure you that the best way to breed sheep it to take a cow and a pig and breed them.

Unfortunately Big Sheep want you to think the only way to breed sheep is by taking a male and female sheep and breed them.

This is a lie! They just want to control the business and make you pay more.

Pledge now, for just $100000 i will send you a picture of a cow and a pig that you can use to make your very own sheep*

* pending us inventing the tech to enable pigs and cows to produce sheep.

Day of the Vara is a holiday celebrated in the United Empire of Earth (UEE) annually on October 27. The holiday involves public festivals adorned with decorations in black and green and private gatherings convened to remember and honor the dead. Celebrants dress up as people who have passed away and swap scary stories, especially pertaining to mysterious incidents in space. It is seen by Humans as a day that gives equal weight to the joy of life and the macabre.​
:ROFLMAO:
o_O o_O o_O o_O

I do envy your life. I know its remote and not cosmopolitan, but getting away from city life would be so nice. My wife would love to live in a big city like Moscow or St. Petersburg because of all the culture, but i can't think of anything worse.

I always said when i get older i want to buy a cow and a pig and breed sheep.

I'm not entirely clued up on how all this nature stuff works though.
Island life isn't for everyone...far from it...especially somewhere as remote and disconnected as here. Most incomers last around a year before fleeing back to civilisation. The logistics of managing a home and a life on their own can be almost impossible if all parties involved can never be content being so geographically challenged and isolated from family and friends.

The weather can be draining, the permanent daylight during summer can wreck your body clock... the winter weather coming with only 5 hours of daylight, 60+mph winds most days with driving rain, weeks without a ferry out or in, the one local shop running out of basic supplies forcing you to live out of the freezers and food cupboards can shrink the resolve if you aren't prepared for it... but what gets folk more than all that is the imagined escape from the rat race is only fine if you're not already one of the pre-programmed rats. :)

Transferring your entire life to an island one isn't just moving house...it's starting again almost from scratch...

Last edited:
the permanent daylight during summer can wreck your body clock... the winter weather coming with only 5 hours of daylight,
Ha! You get daylight in wintertime! :eek:

Spent my childhood & youth on the Polar Circle - we got a glimpse of permanent daylight during summer - no problem with that, that's what curtains are for, but it is the almost permanent darkness around winter solstice that gets on the nerves of some people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom