Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The SA guys figured out what the Nomad is:

08_Desktop.jpg

Something tells me you both prefer them for different reasons :) Thats the joy of a well balanced game though, theres room for both to enjoy it....

For me it is more of an immersion thing. And I'm not huge on immersion.

But setting up and F35 for cargo runs or a 747 for air superiority combat is a bit out of my "ok" level of suspension of disbelief.

I do like how it ends up working in Elite with trade offs/choices.

You can build a paper cargo ship that might blow up in a strong wind with no shields/armor etc, but has a ton of cargo. Or you can sacrifice quite a bit of cargo, but build a very strong cargo ship with strong shields/armor. I dont see those type of choices (at least to the level of give/take) ever being a thing in SC.

The last event, some backers had created bots to spam the pledge store to be sure to get a hand on the limited ships they want. It seems these bots have multiplied.

Amazing.... its almost like someone uses limited stock to drive up demand of a virtual product. That would be rather unethical though.

And... they're off!

KrX2Feb.png

Pledge harder backers! Harder!

It doesn't matter though, CIG could have all the money in the world, they aren't capable of making the game they sold you.

Amazing.... its almost like someone uses limited stock to drive up demand of a virtual product. That would be rather unethical though.

And... they're off!

KrX2Feb.png

Pledge harder backers! Harder!

It doesn't matter though, CIG could have all the money in the world, they aren't capable of making the game they sold you.

Credit where credit is due .... CRoberts knows how to milk them!

imagine if they could fly and you will understand how stupid it is.
To be fair, if SC leaned hard into the absurdist, nonsensical, unrealistic, and cartoony appearance it has grown into, it would actually stand a chance of having a good visual style and an art direction worth anything. They're already too far behind everyone who's doing that to be part of the “good graphics” team — might as well go full Tex Avery and make the animations and physics fully intentional. Slap a cell-shader post-processor on top of the rendering pipeline and not only would they be a lot faster in delivering assets, but they would also look infinitely more interesting than the regulation-space-gray morass of uninspired sameness we've seen for the last decade.

Top Bottom