Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Ok I'm gonna pay CIG one solitary compliment about this latest over-priced monstrosity.

At least they haven't added any technical feature creep with their big-ticket addition this time, that I can see. (Torpedo bays are all supposed to be a thing for other ships etc).

I imagine they've totally done the whole 'has slightly more firepower than comparable ships' power creep thing. And it's yet another hull for the long-list. But possibly they're finally being ever-so-slightly sensible on the dev front?

Perseus : for what I see from this ship and for what I know from the SC community, this ship will get CIG a lot of money... I don't remember who was predicting a drop in CIG's income for the month of November but, with MSR+Nomad+Perseus he should be prepared to be pretty damn disappointed ;)

2 noticeable details :

Knowing CIG, the missile loader should be fully animated during launch sequence.
source.jpg

The Perseus should be the first ship able to use the future docking mechanism (giving more incent to buy it to backers).
source.jpg

Perseus : for what I see from this ship and for what I know from the SC community, this ship will get CIG a lot of money... I don't remember who was predicting a drop in CIG's income for the month of November but, with MSR+Nomad+Perseus he should be prepared to be pretty damn disappointed ;)

2 noticeable details :

Knowing CIG, the missile loader should be fully animated during launch sequence.
source.jpg

The Perseus should be the first ship able to use the future docking mechanism (giving more incent to buy it to backers).
source.jpg

So, you think it will sell because it has some animations and might work with a possible future feature.

Yes, sadly, you're probably right.

So, you think it will sell because it has some animations and might work with a possible future feature.
Yes, sadly, you're probably right.
For the animation, no. For the docking collar, probably yes.
Docking is in WIP and a main feature awaited by backers for the next year. Every ship tied to the first iteration of a new feature sells a lot.

Docking is in WIP and a main feature awaited by backers for the next year. Every ship tied to the first iteration of a new feature sells a lot.

I think you mean a feature backers have waited for for years. They first said they were working on it years ago, then they decided it was too hard and dropped it. I guess they have ressurected the idea again. Let's see if they can actually implement it this time. Looking at how wonky the physics gids are these days i'm expecting more comedy value should they try.

But the best bit about all this is... time to refactor all the ships again! Yay!

Every ship tied to the first iteration of a new feature sells a lot.

Ah, you mean like the news van that still doesn't have news reporting capabilities. Or the data couriers that ... well, don't have data to courier. Or the exploration ships, seeking jump points that don't exist. Pioneer for base building? Kraken for storing ships?

Yes, they do sell well.

CIG are very good at selling ships for features that don't exist.

This star bound ambulance features the Nav-E7 Long Range Scanner, and Secure Plus Docking Collar making it ideal for search and rescue.

I don't remember who was predicting a drop in CIG's income for the month of November but, with MSR+Nomad+Perseus he should be prepared to be pretty damn disappointed ;)
Human stupidity never fails to disappoint.

Oh, is it 2017 already? How time flies…

This star bound ambulance features the Nav-E7 Long Range Scanner, and Secure Plus Docking Collar making it ideal for search and rescue.
I have not said that the Perseus is the only one with docking collars (there are several released ships with them). My bet is the Perseus will be the first ship with a really working docking collar. CIG have made some progress on docking recently and the Perseus is developped in the same time.
I guess the Perseus will be released in the same time than the docking mechanism.

You never know, one day they may even get around to making a game that allows all these ships to fly about in. The one just like Chris Roberts described and you all gave him money for.
If only those pesky servers would mesh. But they don't. :(

I've heard something about CI-G opening yet another new studio. Perhaps they are tasked with researching, designing, developing, and implementing stretchy racks?

I have not said that the Perseus is the only one with docking collars (there are several released ships with them). My bet is the Perseus will be the first ship with a really working docking collar. CIG have made some progress on docking recently and the Perseus is developped in the same time.
I guess the Perseus will be released in the same time than the docking mechanism.

Oh man, November has been a good month for predictions :)

Are you imagining a functioning implementation of docking collars, or a comedy broken 'tier 0' one? These details are important ;)

If it's the only one with working docking collars, there won't be much for it to dock with. I'm guessing "tier 0" docking will be docking with stations, because that's just glorified landing.
Also I'd be interested to see the progress they've made on it, any link?

Are you imagining a functioning implementation of docking collars, or a comedy broken 'tier 0' one? These details are important ;)
Of course a buggy like hell tier 0 docking mechanism (without jocking).

Also I'd be interested to see the progress they've made on it, any link?

They had said recently having made big progress on docking with snub ship and start to show us some stuff about docking to station. At 7:00
But they need expandable grid also for docking to station and we had no news of progress about it.

Ship to ship docking collars should be easy...just adjust the ship's thrusters to simulate that there is now a combined centre of mass. Its not like they're being used for other stuff, like pretending to be atmospheric drag or god forbid....moving the ship about...

Top Bottom