Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Bought a starter pack a loong time ago, tried it out a few times over the years, meh not yet I said.

Recently installed 3.12 on my aged PC (1155pin) turn the resolution down and the detail up and it runs sort of smooth in the hinterlands.

Upgraded ship to an Avenger Titan, far better ship, the game can still be a glitchy mess sometimes but I've had a couple of stable runs over the last week or two.

I will say that I like the fact that it is far easier to Die in SC as opposed to Elite dangerous especially when you accidentally 'bump' into things.
I like this and I think it is something that ED lacks as SC feels more well 'Dangerous'
Watch a Yamiks landing in a station video for reference.

Apart from this one wee bug that was my Helmet coming off when trying to equip an Oxy pen in a cave that was Not fun as I had to fly to the cave manually as it wouldn't lock on a cave site and OM 's weren't playing ball. Also backpacks not storing stuff, Novikov armour sorted that out.

The star map is an horrendous mess and 30k's are annoying, eating/drinking is Pish.

What can I say it's getting there slowly.

To me the way both games are now is that they are feeding off one another with getting our hard earned money, i.e. paintjobs etc. as Colours could be changed before in SC for no charge / grind.
I think that Odyssey will continue in this vein and bleed off SC with suits weapons etc. having an inherent cost. The race is on for our pennies :)

Bit of a scattered post but hey, ho.
Pug

Sad but pertinent.
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world.
" No. SC is a scam that is taking money and not delivering a product "
Not sure about that I Played it last night, sort off.
Pug

To me the way both games are now is that they are feeding off one another with getting our hard earned money, i.e. paintjobs etc. as Colours could be changed before in SC for no charge / grind.
I think that Odyssey will continue in this vein and bleed off SC with suits weapons etc. having an inherent cost. The race is on for our pennies

I don't really see the parallel. Both of them charge for cosmetics. (ED gets a minor tick for allowing freebies to accrue via play time).

But SC also sells 'pay for advantage' macro purchases (ships) on top, and allows credit purchases too.

(And those concept ship sales over the years have contributed to the scope creep which see SC constantly chasing apparently impossible technical aims.)

If FDev were making moves towards P2W, then yeah you could argue there's some kind of parallel or influence going on. But they're not currently 😄. They've already said the 4 core EDO suits and the various weapons are available to all players. (Plus Braben was always vocally against P2W back in the day. I'd be surprised if they took a sudden tilt into monetising Engineering or something. I suspect it's more likely they'll just make their readies from the £30 asking price and the bonus cosmetics, as they have done til now.)

Last edited:
I don't really see the parallel. Both of them charge for cosmetics. (ED gets a minor tick for allowing freebies to accrue via play time).

But SC also sells 'pay for advantage' macro purchases (ships) on top, and allows credit purchases too.

(And those concept ship sales over the years have contributed to the scope creep which see SC constantly chasing apparently impossible technical aims.)

If FDev were making moves towards P2W, then yeah you could argue there's some kind of parallel or influence going on. But they're not currently 😄. They've already said the 4 core EDO suits and the various weapons are available to all players. (Plus Braben was always vocally against P2W back in the day. I'd be surprised if they took a sudden tilt into monetising Engineering or something. I suspect it's more likely they'll just make their readies from the £30 asking price and the bonus cosmetics, as they have done til now.)
Please be aware that I have been a stalwart of the senselessness that is SC for a long long time, all I'm saying is I gave it a go recently and it is 'sort of' playable and a 'stretched' comparison can be made.
It how it seems to me. P2W or G2W makes no difference to me as there is ultimately no winner.
Pug

Please be aware that I have been a stalwart of the senselessness that is SC for a long long time, all I'm saying is I gave it a go recently and it is 'sort of' playable and a 'stretched' comparison can be made.
It how it seems to me. P2W or G2W makes no difference to me as there is ultimately no winner.
Pug

Oh yeah I'm not contesting your experience. I was mainly just querying the 'ED will mimic SC's P2W aspects' thing. I just don't see any evidence for that happening is all ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: Pug
The race is on for our pennies :)

With the headstart SC has I dont think Frontier will ever catch up or turn into CIG the way you tried to portrait them as being already hehe

Not sure about that I Played it last night, sort off.
Pug

Yeah lots of people make that mistake. Fiddling around in the test chamber thinking they "play" ^^

I mean you are right of sorts.....it ALL is "wasting time while having fun"...sort off but I cant shake the feeling that CIG is bending you over and being kinda....ruff by showing you the small print in front of you and some people really seem to like it that way ^^ Still not the same

Well... take that you will Elite Fudsters... Odyessey is delayed!!! Hah, dont'cha know SC is the best, and will be released before your inferior space simulation game. Pffahahaha you can't even implement tractor beams!

How many warbonds does it cost to pledge for one of those Deere ships? Is this a new class yet to be implemented or is it on another fork of development?
Don't bother with the John Deere stuff...expensive American engineering and design built in Korea with cheap Chinese bits...they used to be good, not any longer. I replaced my last...and only one I've ever bought with a tried and tested Massey Ferguson after rebuilding a shredded PTO gear train on the JD for the 5th time, it was more in the workshop leaking oil over the floor than it was towing a plough :cautious:

It's like owning a Harley Davidson...you just know you'll be getting the spanners out after you buy one. With motorbikes used for pleasure, that's fine and all part of the fun...with tractors that need to earn their keep as well as justify their expensive price tag...not so much...

44RSbsh.jpg

As for the Harley...a simple maintenance task like replacing a broken stator and a worn Kevlar drive belt requires a complete strip of the primary drive as well as removing the entire back end of the bike...American engineering design at it's finest...though I shouldn't take the mickey too much since Arthur Davidson, the engineering brain behind the original 1903 Harley-Davidson design, was a Scot born in Brechin :rolleyes:

PoBk32F.jpg

dxXomWC.jpg

V2DMvPU.jpg

8Z5ShKQ.jpg

Last edited:
We're about to enter year 12.
None of the “there” that will be gotten in this twelfth year have the foundations in place to support them.
Every “there” they have gotten to before has had been redone.

So yeah, no. “Slowly” is perhaps not the most accurate or adequate word for it.

Woah there! Year 12 is a bit of a push. The earliest we know anyone was actually working on SC was 2011, so year 10.

Top Bottom