Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

They just told me to f-off when I offered to shill SC in exchange for a $5k PC...even offered to paint my cows with cow sized Idris's :rolleyes:

People who don't appreciate a good steak are suspicious. But don't you go all Skippy on me and tell me to slaughter them myself now. I wouldn't know where to start. I can gut the fishes that fly onto your premises from the nearby ocean though.

Concierge live chat has been referred to as a Star Citizen echo chamber...(...)suppose because he's not shy of admitting he's one of us idiots who've spent way too much money on the project, even if he does dish out some dirt...that probably helps :)
Been there, as I am one of these idiots too, and I think we are entitled to being vocal about the shortcomings of CiG and what they are doing with our money. I do not waste too much time in there though as i only used Spectrum chat for asking for help (when i was really stuck by the alpha PU not working at all..) and got the usual silly answers, even though i posted a complete disclaimer that i pre-emptively did all the obvious rituals before going for help. Turns out the game was really buggered to a point you could not even enter it (that character gender selection issue..) and CiG did try and patch it - it did come back from time to time.. But yeah blame the user first "did you try to reinstall ?" "yeah i downloaded the 60GB or so, twice." "did you do the rain dance around your computer desk ?" "did that too" etc.

Side note, i do not see anything in their PTU patch notes about trade terminals stealing all of your cargo (and not paying you) or just plain not working ? That one is quite a show stopper, along with ships you cannot claim back (especially with introducing a big pew-pew event/mission..).

That's one thing I can assure you Jorunn isn't. Whether he gets a back hander every now and then for being a prominent content creator for SC is another matter...who can tell these days? The waters are well muddied already by the likes of Mike, RexZilla and others.
And that is why astroturfing can be so damaging to a community. Whether it’s community managers hired to pretend to be enthusiastic posters on various forums, or paying social media influencers under the table to promote their game, it creates an environment of suspicion, where you can’t be sure if this new voice is genuine, or just a sock puppet of a paid shill.

And that is why astroturfing can be so damaging to a community. Whether it’s community managers hired to pretend to be enthusiastic posters on various forums, or paying social media influencers under the table to promote their game, it creates an environment of suspicion, where you can’t be sure if this new voice is genuine, or just a sock puppet of a paid shill.
I appreciate flat out CMs. At least they show the colours. But they went a bit out of fashion in exchange for "influencers" which is just an euphemism for covert advertising. And they're cheaper too.

I appreciate flat out CMs. At least they show the colours. But they went a bit out of fashion in exchange for "influencers" which is just an euphemism for covert advertising. And they're cheaper too.

Depends on the influencer. Kendall Jenner was alledgedly paid $275,000 to promote Fyre Festival, which as we all know, was a quality product and not a scam at all.

Perhaps if Jorunn showed off a bit more leg and perhaps a bit of cheek he might be able to demand money from CIG!

That would be a random internet user. "Influencers" get paid for influencing crowds. The line between marketing and impartial influencer is so thin, it is invisible.

OOT so.. buy more idri.
I thought it was self-explanatory, but yes: ppl appearing like you and me but getting paid to shill for products.

Hey all,
We're happy for forum users to discuss other games here, however please remember that posts should never negatively target other individuals, whether they be content creators in other games or not. Always discuss the topic not the person.

Hold up!

What you just said could have large ramifications for discussions in this thread.

Does this mean we can't say things like Chris Roberts is an incompetent project manager? Does this mean we can't say things like Jorunn is a fanboy?

I always understood the rules of the forum only extended so far in terms of protection for people who are not members of the forum.

I'm gonna be honest with you. I want Mole to influence me!
You're still not having my stuffz...I need it to melt Jorunn's yacht club mates as they bask beside the pool on his bling barge wearing their complimentary CR monogrammed gold budgie smugglers ;)

Qa0MfKO.jpg

Last edited:
"Budgie smugglers"? I think I might have heard that expression once.
I never thought I would ever have trouble penning the description of a mental image until now...think very tight male swimwear like the kind favoured by Olympic athletes and you'll get the picture of where the term 'budgie smugglers' comes from. I think it's an Australian term originally...or I at least first heard it from an Aussie TV advert :D

Top Bottom