Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

That is a very rough description of profit. Money in can come from taking a loan and that certainly doesn't qualify as a portion in the profit statement. Revenue > Expenditures would be better, although accountants may still crucify you for that.

Ok, but as far as we know, CIG haven't taken any new loans. I'm not sure what the state of the old loans are. Some say they haven't been paid back yet, others say they have.

Ok, but as far as we know, CIG haven't taken any new loans. I'm not sure what the state of the old loans are. Some say they haven't been paid back yet, others say they have.

The old Coutts loan was paid off in full (see bottom here), but is still on the books, seemingly held open as a credit line if needed.

SA's accountant snake also reckons they're nomming through the Calders cash at a frightening rate, but I can't fathom how he's fathomed that.

I'm no big fancy pants lawyer or accountant, but i don't think there is anything stopping them from giving themselves dividends if they chose. They have cash.... at least some.

"equity belonging to the shareholders"

They are 100% of the shareholders. If all the shareholders vote yes, then they can do it. Pretty certain. Maybe you know the actual rules governing this though and can show they can't.

But as you noted, they could also vote to raise their salaries.
they probably gonna call it differently but yes...I m certain thats what they are doing and have been doing for years....hence all the oversea shell companies.

I’m sure at least one of the companies involved is making a hefty profit, even if the overall picture is of losses.

So many to chose from. But if we're talking about launch profits, I'd say go classic Hollywood...

It would be terribly shocking if Roberts Space Industries A, B & C were to charge poor little Cloud Imperium A, B & C over the odds for their marketing services, leaving those dear plucky developer studios with no cash left in the bank. Say if any aggrieved punters were to come calling...

Why are you talking about FDEV here ? I was talking about CIG. They promised ship interiors in their kickstarter and they delivered them.

I wonder how many people would have backed the SC kickstarter had they known that delivery in an "alpha" product would be considered done and dusted..I wouldn't.

What about all these stretch goals with actual monetary targets associated with them though? People were asked specifically to stuff large amounts of cash into the pot to reach targets for those things.

VR, space pets and stuff.

Last edited:
72539229.jpg

Why do you think it's a troll ? At least ZeeWolf don't see it like a troll so I'm curious to know why you see it like this.

A: Because you'd just been indulging in some context-shorn ED whataboutery, and you have form for the same. (IE ED's community is angered at the moment regarding the lack of ship interiors in the current DLC, and it would be precisely like you to think that was a meaningful point which normalised CIG.)

and

B: Because even if talking entirely about CIG, those ship interiors aren't 'delivered' (in the sense that the tech is infamously glitchy, and the product is infamously unlaunched). Both elements widely known, and in the case of the latter, extensively discussed in the last hour...

and

C: Because you've been doing a lot of inane trolling lately ;)

Like when you promise ship interiors in your kickstarter ?
Frontier didn’t promise ship interiors in their Kickstarter. They were very specific about what backers would be getting with the Kickstarter: a modern reimagining of the original Elite game. They didn’t even bother with adding stretch goals. They did talk about plans for future paid expansions… but that’s not the same as “promising” it in the Kickstarter.

Contrast this with Chris Robert’s promise of a release of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 in 2014. Here we are, in seven years later… no release in sight…despite S42 being “almost” ready for release in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.

Depends on which CIG. So many companies, so many ways to shift things around. Loans can be issued between companies of the same group. Licensing fees, operational fees etc.

It is magic.

Well, we know one company holds the IP, which is a typical tax dodge, where you basically charge another company you own 100% of what they earn for the right to use the IP, then that company (usually located in a nice tax haven) reports profit while the other doesn't have any profit.

Interestingly enough, was reading about a new law they are trying to pass in the US to shut down this sort of tax dodge. I doubt it will pass as the corps will buy the appropriate senators, erm.. i mean public interest groups will voice their concerns, and it will get shot down.

But if it did pass, it would have some ramifications for many companies that operate in the USA, including CIG. Well, at least until the lawyers and accountants find a way around the new laws.

Top Bottom