y8mDS12.png

Flyable?

So about that other, single player game, that Zyloh played in 2016:

Highlights:
  • NPCs still have no clue how to navigate planets
  • NPCs are just now learning how to navigate Zero-G
  • Combat animations for the Vanduul still in progress
  • Work begun on FPS exterior spaces in Chapter 13
  • "A tool was also created to reference and play each landing gear compression spring in the vehicle setup independently. For example, this enables the team to extract or retract a ship’s hind landing skids before the fronts."
  • They are transferring PU's reputation system to SQ42
  • They are updating agent Trejo's head :-D
Any day now.

(No, this thing will never release as long as the spice flows)

BTW, a new alien ship, concierge only, 225 USD.

Last edited:
Not sure what the difference is. I always assumed they are companies like any other only funded with grey market equity.
Well, in every commercial enterprise I’m familiar with, I buy goods or services outright. I receive said goods or services after completing the transaction, and if they’re unable to fulfill what I want, no money changes hand. If funds need to be raised to start the business, it’s via the traditional avenues: such as business loans or sales of shares of stock. Profits are either reinvested in the company, distributed via dividends

In the case of crowd funding, this isn’t the case. I loan you the money necessary to start production of the good or service you wish to offer, but rather than receiving interest from that loan, I receive that good or service at a discount at a later date. Probably not the most profitable of financial investments, but when the choice is this or not getting something I want at all (or getting it at a much higher price) then crowdfunding is an option. Until I get what you promised, I expect you to be a good steward of the money I loaned you.

This includes not living a lavish lifestyle with the money I loaned you, selling “your” shares the company to enrich yourself, and siphoning away that money via complex Hollywood Accounting Schemes. And if you underestimated your expenses, or the time and effort required, I still expect you to make a good faith effort to deliver what you promised in a timely manner. Only after you’ve delivered what you promised me, are you free to pocket anything that remains… if anything remains, that is.

Well, in every commercial enterprise I’m familiar with, I buy goods or services outright. I receive said goods or services after completing the transaction, and if they’re unable to fulfill what I want, no money changes hand. If funds need to be raised to start the business, it’s via the traditional avenues: such as business loans or sales of shares of stock. Profits are either reinvested in the company, distributed via dividends

In the case of crowd funding, this isn’t the case. I loan you the money necessary to start production of the good or service you wish to offer, but rather than receiving interest from that loan, I receive that good or service at a discount at a later date. Probably not the most profitable of financial investments, but when the choice is this or not getting something I want at all (or getting it at a much higher price) then crowdfunding is an option. Until I get what you promised, I expect you to be a good steward of the money I loaned you.

This includes not living a lavish lifestyle with the money I loaned you, selling “your” shares the company to enrich yourself, and siphoning away that money via complex Hollywood Accounting Schemes. And if you underestimated your expenses, or the time and effort required, I still expect you to make a good faith effort to deliver what you promised in a timely manner. Only after you’ve delivered what you promised me, are you free to pocket anything that remains… if anything remains, that is.
This describes the nature of the capital or funding of the entity. It doesnt have so much influence on the company. More on the individual behaviour of its agents I guess. The company shpuld still work as a commercial entity - it is set up legally this way.
But yeah the towards accountability of crowd funded capital is severely lacking imo.

A: Because you'd just been indulging in some context-shorn ED whataboutery, and you have form for the same. (IE ED's community is angered at the moment regarding the lack of ship interiors in the current DLC, and it would be precisely like you to think that was a meaningful point which normalised CIG.)

and

B: Because even if talking entirely about CIG, those ship interiors aren't 'delivered' (in the sense that the tech is infamously glitchy, and the product is infamously unlaunched). Both elements widely known, and in the case of the latter, extensively discussed in the last hour...

and

C: Because you've been doing a lot of inane trolling lately ;)
the funny thing is this is what you see in the front page of Star Citizen kickstarter:

Real quick, Star Citizen is:​

• A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
  • Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
  • Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
  • Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
  • No Subscriptions
  • No Pay to Win
after almost 10 years the only thing that is acheived (not so much) is the third.

the funny thing is this is what you see in the front page of Star Citizen kickstarter:

Real quick, Star Citizen is:​

• A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
  • Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
  • Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
  • Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
  • No Subscriptions
  • No Pay to Win
after almost 10 years the only thing that is acheived (not so much) is the third.
And they alteady failed the 5th one 🤣

comment on kickstarter page dated one month ago:

"I paid $100 for my single player story game 9 years ago. I should have bought drugs for a homeless guy instead."

some funny quote from the kickstarte page:

"Star Citizen is a PC game through and through and could never be played on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 or WiiU"

• Allowing user generated content is a key design goal

Our modding tools will allow players to design new ships for both submission to the persistent RSI ship dealer network or to build custom ships and items for the self-hosted multiplayer mode.

• Virtual Reality is here!

We have backed Oculus Rift and will support it in Star Citizen / Squadron 42.

Better grab 'em while they're in stock!

Also - lifts killing you and your ship? Weeeell, we do sell this other ship that does away with those pleb lifts and whisks you and your paid for companion on a cloud of magic gravity instead (if we ever get that working).

Last edited:
So about that other, single player game, that Zyloh played in 2016:

Highlights:
  • NPCs still have no clue how to navigate planets
  • NPCs are just now learning how to navigate Zero-G
  • Combat animations for the Vanduul still in progress
  • Work begun on FPS exterior spaces in Chapter 13
  • "A tool was also created to reference and play each landing gear compression spring in the vehicle setup independently. For example, this enables the team to extract or retract a ship’s hind landing skids before the fronts."
  • They are transferring PU's reputation system to SQ42
  • They are updating agent Trejo's head :-D
Any day now.

(No, this thing will never release as long as the spice flows)

BTW, a new alien ship, concierge only, 225 USD.
It's a good thing I totally gave up on understanding how anyone could have any faith in this project long ago, or I'd be risking an aneurism.

Top Bottom