Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

My first video on the web !

Found a nice free video editor VSDC to blur my name.
The quality is poor, I haven't found how to record in 2K, it's only 1080p and I've lost a lot of details...

That was actually quite nice!

You see, that's all you need to do, produce actual evidence of things rather than waffling on and deflecting when challenged about something!

Quality i'll accept, but not sure why you just don't record using GeForce Experience (or whatever the equivalent AMD package is). They record nicely in whatever resolution you're running with hardly any impact on framerate.

But why did you need to blur your name? Are you... are you a CIG employee? :unsure:

I missed this gem:

"The team also tested and documented new tech that should get trams and elevators working correctly in-game, which will allow them to play chapter 5 from start to finish."

Zyloh really is a time traveling wizard.
Zyloh is an expert liar.

SC has Joe Blobbers. We have classier more intelligent versions here I won't discuss because rules lol.

Nice backhanded insult ;)

The alpha of EDO was 45€. It doesn't shock me.
For 45€ I have already played and enjoyed hundreds of hours. And the alpha price is lower than the future release price.

35 you little stickler for accuracy you...

i would argue the amount of physical work in the game as it is right now is way beyond the bulk of published games.

By physical work do you mean assets?

If so fair play :)

But why did you need to blur your name? Are you... are you a CIG employee?

He just doesn't want you to see his secret fleet ;)

I missed this gem:

"The team also tested and documented new tech that should get trams and elevators working correctly in-game, which will allow them to play chapter 5 from start to finish."

Zyloh really is a time traveling wizard.

LOL.

I love how it took so many words just to say SQ42 is still ages away from completion.

They are still doing mocap. Still working on that damn cafeteria scene... seems like they've been working on that for years now.

But the bit that made me laugh the most was:

Gameplay Story made great progress on chapter 5 last month, taking responsibility for another scene with characters getting in and out of a lift.

You heard it here first! Great progress because someone took responsibility for a scene with characters drum roll getting in and out of a lift!!!!!!!

Truly never been done before!

I never use my gamer nicknames on the web, nor my real name.

But... gamer nicknames are anonymous and on the web. I mean, your in-game name is the same as your Spectrum name... so you're already doing that.

I don't know, seems like you're trying to hide something.

Its ok, sovapid promises not to gank you if you reveal your SC commando name, isn't that right @sovapid ? :p

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Another space game just sold me a forty dollar alpha.

What's funny is after reading this thread a few years and seeing other space games recently they use two sides of the same coin.

SC tells players it will eventually have everything to keep the dream and hope alive.

The other space game I won't name to be courteous doesn't tell people what the future holds so they cant write it off for not having their make or break feature potentially dropped.

Two different approaches which amounts to the same thing. Keeping as many people hooked as possible without letting anyone down.

The more time goes by the more I see these games and communities have much more in common than I first thought those years ago.

Well, there is a significant difference there, aswell.

On one of those "alphas" what you see is what you get, the product has already been released, and has been subjected to reviews, scores and critiques, and detailed playthroughs of all kinds that can give you a very accurate description of what the product is. Barring the few months of pre orders the seller is only asking you for your money once all of us can consider a decision to buy or not to buy with 100% of the information available about what the product is and what it is not.

The other "alpha" has not been released yet past the 9+ years mark and we still have very little idea how will the final product end up, or what will be in it, and at what quality level. There has not not been any kind of formal reviews, scores or critiques for it yet since there is no final released product in any shape or form. And after all those 9+ years the seller is still amazingly asking us for our money based on dreams/promises even though no one has a clue yet what the final product will look like (if at all).

I will let you figure out which one is which, or which framework is more unethical / abusive of consumers.

Last edited:
From refunds

fds_YHn_h4mCiwLLoxEipFvpbEPU1OwNN17zlKYetZw.png

So impressed with progress that he put another 2000 dollars into the game!!!!

Then goes on to provide a SC bingo card of excuses. Brilliant.

Well, there is a significant difference there, aswell.

On one of those "alphas" what you see is what you get, the product has already been released, and has been subjected to reviews, scores and critiques, and detailed playthroughs of all kinds that can give you a very accurate description of what the product is. The seller is asking you for your money being fully aware that all of us can consider a decision to buy or not to buy with 100% of the information available about what the product is.

The other "alpha" has not been released yet past the 9+ years mark and we still have very little idea how will the final product end up, or what will be in it, and at what quality level. There have not been yet any kind of formal reviews, scores or critiques for it yet since there is no final released product. And after all those 9+ years the seller is still amazingly asking us for our money even though no one has a clue yet what the final product will look like (if at all).

I will let you figure out which one is which.

More to the point, people can criticise one freely, while the other can't be critcized because it has a +5 Holy Shield of ALPHA!

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Update (if anyone really cares) on my re-entry into the world of SC.

Last night I decided I wanted to rent a different ship than the Aurora just to do something different. I picked the always popular Avenger Titan, which I take it is a real Jack-of-all-Trades. Great little ship, turns out.

It seems the stars aligned for me last night and I had a multi-hour session with a stable and light-population server. No disconnects, decent (for SC) framerate, and no crippling bugs. I managed to do several different mission types so I could get a feel for the game loops available, such as package delivery, distress beacon response, and com relay maintenance. All were quite fun. I also dabbled in some trading, which was fun (if not profitable with the tiny cargo hold in the Titan). However, I have to say trying to find a darn trading terminal in Lorville is a nightmare. Why CIG designed it that way is a mystery. I get they want to make the cities seem huge, and they've succeeded, but at the expense of fun. Getting lost and taking a subway tram back and forth for 20 minutes isn't really what I want to be doing in my couple of hours max gaming time.

Beyond that, though, I felt like I finally got to experience SC at its current best and I really did enjoy it.

(Again, not defending CIG's business or marketing or lying - I just wanted to have fun in the game as it exists today).

Top Bottom