Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Chad McKinney has also done some work on the UI for Elder Scrolls Online (consoles) and wrote some music for Hellgate: London. And worked at Zynga for three months.

And then he started at CIG around March 2016.

That's the guy trying to make this all work as the Senior Lead Gameplay Engineer. A guy whose major releases are UI for consoles and mobile games. Zero experience as a gameplay engineer on anything besides Star Citizen.

Hey, if I'm reading his linkedin right he did some networking for Crazy Kitchen:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyPjHW0_Uc

That's just a hop to Server Meshing. And procedural egg gameplay.

Mobile games are deceptively complex on the backend. The amount of messages can be crazy, as each player action is tracked and there can be millions of players.

Fair play, I forgot about the player tracking / scale. Was thinking as a single-player game it'd just be scoreboards ;)

But I still feel happy saying he's punching above his weight when he suggests a seamless experience awaits, and that single shard wonderland is just some R&D away ;)

Fair play, I forgot about the player tracking / scale. Was thinking as a single-player game it'd just be scoreboards ;)

But I still feel happy saying he's punching above his weight when he suggests a seamless experience awaits, and that single shard wonderland is just some R&D away ;)
Yeah, the "tech" research. What a load of hoblobbins. That's what I mean they just keep telling tales to the gullibles. 10 years of lying people in the face - you simply dont change that over night. It has rather changed them and dishonesty is become a standard repertoire in their conversations.

Oh yes, taking it very well i see. Downvoting it as hard as they can. I fear mouse buttons will be broken!

Comments are spicy!

They've been at it for almost as long as CIG, and yet have literally (swear word)-all to show for it.

Funny he should say that. And its not like we have a particular goal over there, except to laugh at CIG's antics and provide advise for people wanting refunds.

but their attempts to drag the project down and destroy it have been demonstrably less successful

We can't bring the project down. Guy its off his rocker if he thinks we are trying to do that. Only CIG can bring the project down and destroy it. CR is doing his best, he just needs more time and money to do it. :D

Another person

Some people can’t handle seeing other people enjoy something the first group of people hate.

Again, really not grokking what the refund sub is all about. If people enjoy SC in its current state, then fair enough. As long as they don't start trying to sell dreams.txt to me, in which case they can take a hike.

I'm happy for the Refund guys, hopefully they all can get their refunds and be on their merry way :)

Oh dear, again, not getting it. People who refund don't suddenly stop feeling like they have been misled and lied to. People tend to take umbrage with that. Some will walk away and forget about it, others join the ranks of those who chew the fat taking the michael out of CIG.

Another guy

They will be back, first they buy in a project they know is risky and takes time, claim it's not up to standards, ask for refund and take time and resources away from CIG

Again, totally missing the point. CR, year after year told backers things were just around the corner, how well things were going. 2-3 years or it will become stale. Backers will have everything they pledged for by the end of the year and more. And countless other statements implying things were getting done, while the reality never matched his statements.

Hmm - this appears to be a walkthrough on how to abuse the County Court system, rather than 'proof' that the courts have forced CIG to start providing refunds?

LOL, if CIG wanted to challenge it and the law was on their side they could have. Now they let it happen twice (according to OP it has now been done twice to their knowledge) there is precedent. Normally companies try and shut this stuff down immediately with their lawyers because once something has been approved in law then subsequent cases can point to it. By allowing it, CIG basically are setting themselves up for more such cases and potentially these cases being used against them in an actual court case against them.

And that is the TL;DR of it. If CIG thought they had a legal leg to stand on, then they would have stopped it. Since they allowed it to happen (unless we are talking incompetence or hubris) then it means they knew they couldn't stop it.

What it also means is, if anyone in the UK (and possibly other countries with similar laws) now has a path to get their money back for years if being lied to by CIG. Yes, kickstarters are a risk and people should be aware they can lose everything on a venture like this, but when the developer is telling porkies year after year, there has to be a legal remedy. They should not be able to keep lying and expect no repercussions.

PS: See also Chronicles of Elyria. Guys is desperately trying to show he is still trying to deliver the game while fending off legal complaints. And that was a much smaller project.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/q6u6yx Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/q6u6yx/server_meshing_progress_according_to_the_roadmap/

I don't actually know where he's seeing that bundled 'each team will have to update their part / continues throughout 2022' task. Unless they just mean this:

O38WGWv.png

(There are a bunch of teams in there that wouldn't be obviously working on networking, but might be adjusting to it - AI, vehicles team, UI etc)

Either way, does kinda fit with the presentation.

Top Bottom