Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

A backer dares to demand more mission content along with all the new ships: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...hread/ok-cig-new-rule-sugge-no-demanded-by-me

Fair? The thing is, no one even needs to "demand" anything.

It suffices to just hold Chris Roberts and CIG accountable for what they have already promised in exchange for all those 400+ millions paid for and counting so far. Like this 7 years ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2nb3a0 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2nb3a0/interview_with_tony_zurovec_talks_procedural/

Love the dreams. They really said they wanted to handcraft all missions. That's not just designing missions that are more than just deliver X to Y or go kill Z, but actually make it all detailed and fidelitious. Sounds great, but not only does it need to be designed, it needs to be developed, NPCs put in place, triggers placed, conversations written, and tested.

And we all know, players are content locusts. They would have to be adding a metric ton of them otherwise players will say it all gets repetitive, because CIG promised handcrafted, so they will expect ever experience to be unique.

Just another example of CIG promising something unrealistic.

Oooh, the salt is in full flow in that thread.

CIG likely doesn't want to finish the games its working on because then their revenue streams will drastically shrink.
S42 copies have largely already been sold.
This year's IAE is at a whopping $4.4m in week 46, far behind last year's sale.

Its ready when its ready

Have you all forgotten? The man himself said it straight to your face and you joyfully applauded him.

And the OP made the point that 2 people and a half alive cat could pump out content faster. Someone challenges him and people reply with several examples.

Now that wouldn't have happened a couple of years ago, i'm fairly certain.

Ah, and the white knights coming out with the usual excuses. "they have to build the tools first" " they can't add more until they have server meshing". There are already missions in game (when they work). They are really saying that CIG couldn't add more missions? That's just pathetic if true.

Last edited:
Saw this bit of extra colour while scooting through dev quotes:

Ex Digital Anvil dev said:
Fun fact of the day: The head of Microsoft’s flight sim studio (Jörg Neumann) is the the same guy who spent years making the game Freelancer (after Roberts was fired from DA) and is one of the main reasons that It ever saw the light of day.

Thought I'd check whether Neumann ever talked about Chris. Not sure if this is a mini 'meow' moment or not ;)

My friend Chris Roberts rebuilt the Cryengine to 64 bit and Double Floating Point for Star Citizen, and it's still difficult for him. The good thing about the Asobo engine is that it has always been good in this area. In the meantime, however, we have also switched to Double Floating Point. (Nov 2019)

As they get more practiced at making ships, the amount of good design and implementation will hopefully keep increasing.

I guess CIG are just slow learners. They've only been making ships for 9 years.

Hah, salt

Someone pointing out the mods haven't locked the multiple positive threads about the raft when they did lock multiple negative threads about the hex codes. Yes, i wonder why....

More salt and of course "its all waiting on server meshing" reason.

Feedback about the freefly experience for new players

Now, if only freefly people were allowed to give their own feedback. Wouldn't that actually be nice? Actual input from people who haven't given CIG any money yet? Seems like it might be good feedback. Oh, wait, it might be negative. They haven't sunk any money in yet. Best not allow that! Besides, they probably don't understand alpha development.

Oh my, J3PT right in there with the deflections and excuses and straight off the bat with ITS ALPHA. That guy. Oh, right, and also new players apparently should read loads of stuff and watch some content creators before trying it out. Seriously? Its for 1 week. People just want to dive in and try it out, not spend the week reading and watching videos.

Workaround...which everyone and his dog has been using since docking collars were introduced 2 or 3 patches ago...don't sprint like an eejit when using them and jump over the transition points, especially if the server is laggy...like they all are now thanks to free-fly. It's a bit like that old kid's game where you try not to step on the cracks in the pavement :D

Last edited:
I guess CIG are just slow learners. They've only been making ships for 9 years.

Hah, salt

Someone pointing out the mods haven't locked the multiple positive threads about the raft when they did lock multiple negative threads about the hex codes. Yes, i wonder why....

More salt and of course "its all waiting on server meshing" reason.

Feedback about the freefly experience for new players

Now, if only freefly people were allowed to give their own feedback. Wouldn't that actually be nice? Actual input from people who haven't given CIG any money yet? Seems like it might be good feedback. Oh, wait, it might be negative. They haven't sunk any money in yet. Best not allow that! Besides, they probably don't understand alpha development.

Oh my, J3PT right in there with the deflections and excuses and straight off the bat with ITS ALPHA. That guy. Oh, right, and also new players apparently should read loads of stuff and watch some content creators before trying it out. Seriously? Its for 1 week. People just want to dive in and try it out, not spend the week reading and watching videos.

I wish free-fly was only for a week...if it was I'd be rejoicing and skipping merrily because it would be done already. This Shi* err... Ship-Show doesn't end till Dec 1st. :censored:

Last edited:
Workaround...which everyone and his dog has been using since docking collars were introduced 2 or 3 patches ago...don't sprint like an eejit when using them and jump over the transition points. A bit like that old kid's game where you try not to step on the cracks in the pavement :D
What never ceases to amaze me is how CiG consistently fails at absolutely everything they code, every aspect of this project is buggered in some way. This one for instance will also stay forever along with the other perennial physical engine failures.

What never ceases to amaze me is how CiG consistently fails at absolutely everything they code, every aspect of this project is buggered in some way. This one for instance will also stay forever along with the other perennial physical engine failures.
Yup...transitions have been broken since day one...everyone who plays or has ever played for longer than 5 minutes knows this, we all just kinda get on with it. If I stopped and whined about every bug or bit of dodgy physics in the game...I'd never play. There's a point when it comes down to.. "Ok, that's broken/still broken/mostly broken...lets go see if we can find something that isn't." 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Oooh, the salt is in full flow in that thread.

And the OP made the point that 2 people and a half alive cat could pump out content faster. Someone challenges him and people reply with several examples.

Now that wouldn't have happened a couple of years ago, i'm fairly certain.

Ah, and the white knights coming out with the usual excuses. "they have to build the tools first" " they can't add more until they have server meshing". There are already missions in game (when they work). They are really saying that CIG couldn't add more missions? That's just pathetic if true.
I said exactly the same thing in direct reply to the idiot Roberts 'Done when it's done' arrogant and egostistical crap...maybe I didn't phrase it quite as politely... or Spectrum friendly... since I was banished for a week. I think it might have been the comment...
..Playing the visionary with other people's money is the act of an utter wastrel completely delusional in his own hubris.
That might have done it :whistle:

Last edited:
:whistle:

gY0tx7c.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom