Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

"Real games" never try to do what CIG is trying to do.
Exactly. This is why they are real.
"Real games" shut off all risky features (the ones that takes forever to do and with an uncertain deliverability). When it's too complex, they cut and you get a game pretty similar to what exist on the market.
Are you playing anything besides SC? The gaming industry is full of innovation, also of the risky kind. Always has been.
That's why we fund CIG, to let a company took these riks. And for now, I already love the result.
This is great. It does not change the toxic influence the legacy of SC will have on the gaming market.
ED for exemple is a "real game" so there is very little chance that ship interiors will be added in the game.
And? Do you think having a 1:1 model of the Milky Way was not risky? What is the point here, really?

Real journalists don't review alpha games.
Pure Male Bovine Excrement.

Minecraft was in Alpha, and it was reviewed extensively. It was one of the reasons why I bought in at that stage of development.

Kerbal Space Program was in Alpha, and it was reviewed extensively. It was one of the reasons why I bought it at that stage of development.

Space Engineers, Valheim, Fortnight, Subnautica, the list goes on and on. If they're taking players money, then reviewing them should be fair game for journalists.

The only "playable Alpha" game I know of that insists that it's unfair to review the game (but paradoxically claims it is a playable game when taking your money) is Star Citizen. A continuously crowdfunded development project that despite not having delivered the game back in 2014 when they promised they would, not only continues to enrich the Roberts Clan through a despicable and duplicitous Hollywood Accounting shell company shuffle, but is now paying millions in dividends to those same individuals, in a particularly egregious and utterly unethical abuse of the crowd funding model.

I disagree - the "Static Server Meshing" (basic instancing and servers like other MMOs have) is easily doable by CIG and so I expect that to be added.

Dynamic Server Meshing? Maybe by 2030 or some other crazy far-off year?
I'm talking about the server meshing that the dreamers think they are getting. The one with thousands of players and massive ship battles. The one with the bullets crossing servers. :ROFLMAO:

All they'll get is something that looks like any other MMO.

Backers: SC is the bestest game already in its current state.
Everyone: Great, let's review it so people will know how awesome it is.
Backers: You can't review it it's alpha!
Everyone: ...

Only favourable reviews are allowed. Anything bad is because it's alpha. Anything good is because it's already more fun than all AAAA+ games out there.

For example I said last year that I though the first plan for SM was not doable. Now they have a new plan which I found more doable.

I don’t remember you voicing that here to be honest.

Which aspects of the new plan do you find superior? And which aspects of 'Dynamic Server Meshing' now seem more achievable to you because of it?

Let's see how this will have aged by the end of the year.

He qualified it:

I'm talking about the server meshing that the dreamers think they are getting. The one with thousands of players and massive ship battles. The one with the bullets crossing servers. :ROFLMAO:

All they'll get is something that looks like any other MMO.

Y’know, the original definition of 'Server Meshing'. Not the current 'same as any other game' networking planned for Q3/Q4.

(PS it’s still cute that you’re so certain CIG won’t miss a deadline ;))

Top Bottom