Star Citizen Thread v6

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I got an email from a profoundly positive backer that is too NSFW to share here. Suffice it to say, she's now out too.

Five thousand USD.

My lulzbucket exploded.

So, after refunding money spent for a single computer game she can buy a used car. Pretty normal, are you sure your lulzbucket wasn't damaged already?

Last edited:
My god, the doomsday patrol is really active.

- It's standard practice to set up EVERYTHING as security just so that the Bank has a means to demand payment from liquidated assets just so the loan taker cant just run away
- Banks today would NOT loan money to a company they view as a security risk
- It also means that F42 can now RAISE the loan at need as long as the total value to their security allows it.
- The loan is at 0.25% which is not improbable with todays interest rates AND the ability as a customer to negotiate in todays extremely low interest rates
- The loan will be tax deductable
- If F42 need money to finish the SQ42 game it's MORE expensive to MOVE money from the US to UK than taking a loan
- With that low interest they can easily MAKE money by borrowing money and invest part of it to counter the low interest rate
- And no, the bank owns nothing of CIG, they have security of CIG assets in case of CIG failing to repay said loan

Source: My 20 years experience as an investment, financial and general banker.

- It's standard practice to set up EVERYTHING as security just so that the Bank has a means to demand payment from liquidated assets just so the loan taker cant just run away
- It also means that F42 can now RAISE the loan at need as long as the total value to their security allows it.
- The loan is at 0.25% which is not improbable with todays interest rates AND the ability as a customer to negotiate in todays extremely low interest rates
- If F42 need money to finish the SQ42 game it's MORE expensive to MOVE money from the US to UK than taking a loan
- With that low interest they can easily MAKE money by borrowing money and invest part of it to counter the low interest rate
- And no, the bank owns nothing of CIG, they have security of CIG assets in case of CIG failing to repay said loan

[haha]
Source your quotes.

Thanks for that info.

"ducks head in sand. I'm not listening anymore lalalalala" - "Everything is normal, remain calm, there's nothing to worry about".

https://img.devrant.io/devrant/rant/r_10166_GmngH.gif

Last edited:
Most open development ever.

Backers and generally nobody have a clue whats going on. Wild theorycrafting in process. CiG goes into silence mode again.

Yeah...who cares about the bank loan when you can see what Ben Lesnick&Sandi Gardiner just Tweeted.......

I wouldn't worry at all. Since at 60million crobbler said he had enough to fully fund the game even if he didn't get any more money.

*runs.

If you say so. Though I can't help wondering why banks would be lending out money at lower interest rates than they could earn by investing it themselves.

I know you're having a laugh but the loan is not 0.25%, at minimum it is 2.25%

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6jepuv/chill_out_on_financial_speculation/djdp4y0/

The bank does have ownership during the duration of the loan or else they would not be able to grant CIG a license. You can't give a license 'to develop, produce, exploit and otherwise deal with the Game' if you don't have the rights to do so.

Last edited:
A quick recap here maybe, for us plebs who don't do Tw@ter?

I think he just refers to the fact that Sandi, as one of the people responsible for PR, posts photographs of developers' screens while they work on some kind of a feature or a model, so the message is "Ignore that scary loan thing, look, shiny!".

Last edited:
I love how many interpretations there are for this document that totally contradict each other [yesnod] the web never changes. If the security for the loan is basically everything doesn't that speak for a rather big chunk of cash?

I love how many interpretations there are for this document that totally contradict each other [yesnod] the web never changes. If the security for the loan is basically everything doesn't that speak for a rather big chunk of cash?

Only if everything is worth anything.....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom