General / Off-Topic Star Trek: Picard

There were some good actors on STD as well.
But even the best actor in the world (And Steward definitely is one of the best) can't save a piece that is badly written or directed.

I'm just pointing out TNG didn't think they'd last a season. Stewart went all in anyway. When was the last time you saw the first season? It's extraordinary to watch.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Err no - it will be a huge disaster.

Its already a month behind schedule. Its been rejected by merchandisers and its been turned down by Netflix.

To be honest I would like to see a Trek show set after the events of TNG but I really have no interest in any new Trek show with Patrick Stewart (but I'll watch it anyway).

Sigh. Look, we're not saying it will suck. We also don't say it won't. If it's going to be awesome, then great! If you're looking forward to it, great! I hope it will be fine. All I'm saying is that neither of these old franchises, be it Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr.Who,... are what they used to and I struggle being optimistic.

Sigh. Look, we're not saying it will suck. We also don't say it won't. If it's going to be awesome, then great! If you're looking forward to it, great! I hope it will be fine. All I'm saying is that neither of these old franchises, be it Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr.Who,... are what they used to and I struggle being optimistic.

Did you miss my edit? I'd like to know why Wintermute thinks that stuff matters and where he got the information.

When it comes to creative works I couldn't care less what merchandisers and Netflix think. Lol.

Looks a lot like Star Trek Discovery.:unsure: with out space battles - not very Star Trekish.
I heard it would be different from STD by beeing more psychological.

As for Netflix vs Amazon - it feels like recent battle between Steam and Epic Games. Feels like Amazon just bought it like Epic Games does with their games.

P.S: Still looks better than Ferminator 1 ( Terminator: Dark Fate ) - that was just sad seeing Linda Hamilton and Arnold beeing used as mascots like they did to Luke Skywalker in Star Wars.
Yeah, seeing Linda Hamilton like that just made me sad. I loved her in the first two movies, but this just sucks all desire to see the movie out of me. Most of the writing nowadays is just cheap fan service.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Like Chris, I'd love to be excited about this but I just haven't liked any Trek since DS9. Even the TNG movies were not all that great, proving again that it takes more than a fantastic cast to make something 'good'. Good actors can elevate bad material, but seldom can the result rise to greatness. So much depends on the writing and on the writer's love of the material and knowledge of what makes the show great. Abrams' Trek and STD are the modern examples of this failure of script writers, not of casting.

We'll see. I watched the first season of STD and while it was a passable action show, it wasn't Trek. I'll check out Picard I'm sure, but I'm staying well off the hype train.

Top Bottom