Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

It's looking realy good.
I just hope there will be some room for free roaming though, not just a linear path.
Wasn't it EA who said that players aren't into single player games anymore?!?

EA will find a way to mess this up somehow.

And here's how they'll do it:

They have, especially in recent years largely shown no respect to players as regards a Good well written and delivered single player storyline.

I HOPE IM WRONG.

I genuinely hope they will have put more than a passing importance on this. Whatever about Graphics and gameplay gimmicks and all that, they simply MUST do the thing justice and produce a story worth playing.

The one shining light I have for this is the single player side of Battlefront 2 was actually pretty decent. Perhaps they'll raise the bar again and I'll eat the hat (and stand). I'm not convinced though.

I wish the franchise would go to a studio like CDproject or Arkane.

I will be keeping an eye on this too. It looks very much like the uncharted games on the PS4, which is not a bad thing as they are excellent.

Well the story is by the same writer as KOTOR 2 so I’ve got hopes for this one - gameplay looks a bit too linear for my liking so I’ll probably have to be in the right mood for it. I was hoping for something a bit more Dark Forces 2 that had some biiiiiig looking levels, which is something I felt Jedi Outcast lost.

Given it's EA i wont touch this with a long stick before it's got rave reviews...

I won't buy this game untill it's had some good reviews either, Respawn might be good but everything EA touches tends to become a huge letdown.

Last edited:
I don't really get all the EA hate. I enjoyed both Star Wars Battlefront games. Now I did wait and got them on sale, the second after EA pivoted on the microtransactions. I usually wait a good 6+ months before buying any game (I only just picked up RDR2), which is a great way to save money with some serious sales, let bugs get fixed, etc. As such, I have high hopes for Fallen Order.

Me neither, but still the movements and attacks are not exactly fluid and polished.
Still the SW fan in me kinda twitches

One thing that’s already got me doing a bit of A Face is that the main character Gen-eric Blaand was almost immediately outshone in the personality department by his little robot chum...

...then engaged in totally-not-Sith-like murderation of Stormtroopers. Who needs mind-tricks and a bit of stealth when you can stop a blaster bolt in midair and drag the shooter in front of it so he can shoot himself lololol.

Perhaps you can Jedi-teabag them afterwards?

One thing that’s already got me doing a bit of A Face is that the main character Gen-eric Blaand was almost immediately outshone in the personality department by his little robot chum...

...then engaged in totally-not-Sith-like murderation of Stormtroopers. Who needs mind-tricks and a bit of stealth when you can stop a blaster bolt in midair and drag the shooter in front of it so he can shoot himself lololol.

Perhaps you can Jedi-teabag them afterwards?

Cough Kyle Katarn Cough

Face it. Game Jedi are not exactly "by the books" :LOL:

Cough Kyle Katarn Cough

Face it. Game Jedi are not exactly "by the books" :LOL:
Aye, but he started off in Dark Forces as a scoundrel-who-shoots-first type character...

...and in Jedi Knight I recall being able to mind-trick stormtroopers, so there’s that (I’m just going to conveniently forget all the Dark-Side powers and related FMV ending, okay? :) )

I’ll give Mr Avellone the benefit of the doubt, KOTOR 2 is still some of the best SW writing in a game in my opinion, let’s hope there’s some Light/Dark nuance snuck into Fallen Order.

I thought the demo was quite good, it certainly had the Star Wars vibe but I did feel like it was moving from one set scene to another, it felt a bit forced (sorry) because of it.

Early days for any real opinion though.

I thought the demo was quite good, it certainly had the Star Wars vibe but I did feel like it was moving from one set scene to another, it felt a bit forced (sorry) because of it.

Early days for any real opinion though.

Indeed. Felt the same thing but then it's a small slice only 15 minutes. I did feel the player was moving from one room of fresh bodies to another with some associated bits to tackle and use. I know all games are largely about this but this felt more.... clinical in this regard, maybe I'm not making sense and I should have another Gin.

What I saw was pretty good combat as an fps.
Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 ruled because they actually had an rpg element and a story.
What I saw here was pretty much a tomb raider esque form of travel and really not much more than a first person shooter.
That's what mmo's do, all combat no story.
As much as I've been waiting for a Kotor 3. I won't preorder this.

What I saw was pretty good combat as an fps.
Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 ruled because they actually had an rpg element and a story.
What I saw here was pretty much a tomb raider esque form of travel and really not much more than a first person shooter.
That's what mmo's do, all combat no story.
As much as I've been waiting for a Kotor 3. I won't preorder this.
You should never preorder anything. Even eventual KOTOR 3. :LOL:
Preorders are a stupid thing and ultimately anti-consumer, because they lead to sales driven by hype and not the quality of the product. It's much easier to create hype than a good product.

Anyway, this game was never meant to be a KOTOR 3 or anything similar. It's a spiritual successor to the Dark Forces series with bits of Force Unleashed in it. It's really hard to say how it's going to play, though, even after seeing all that's been shown. If it is a Tomb Raider-esque style of gameplay, I'll be more than happy with it. The only thing I personally fear is that it's going to be just 10 hours of railroaded action. THAT would be kind of bad.

If memory serves me right Dark Forces was a pure FPS with none of the saber swinging. How is this a spiritual successor?
I’d say it’s more a spiritual successor to the later games in the series, Jedi Knight & Jedi Outcast, though given the youthful nature of Master Wossis-Name, more like Jedi Academy.

(Seriously, the main character is so blandly generic I forget what he looks like unless I’m looking directly at him :) )

Top Bottom