Game Discussions Star wars Squadrons

Watch again closely and you see the Tie docking with that ship just above it (one of the Tie carriers seen at 1:47) about half a second before the jump. Cutting it a bit fine there chaps!
Ah well spotted!!! I completely missed that, all is well again. :) Roll on release day!!

Wonder what the SP campaign will be like. The original trailer sort of pushes it as a glorified tutorial before you get thrown into the space looter-shooter-unlock-stuff-to-get-better-stats game. Mod support for more SP scenarios would be great but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Hopefully the Y-Wing will finally be done justice too. The old workhorse of the rebel fleet has been a target practice joke since the first X-Wing game.

Deleted member 257907

D
IMO none of the SW games have lived up to Rogue squadron.
This new game looks boring.
I want remake of SW Rogue Squadron or Jedi Power Battles

Wonder what the SP campaign will be like. The original trailer sort of pushes it as a glorified tutorial before you get thrown into the space looter-shooter-unlock-stuff-to-get-better-stats game. Mod support for more SP scenarios would be great but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Hopefully the Y-Wing will finally be done justice too. The old workhorse of the rebel fleet has been a target practice joke since the first X-Wing game.
Well the trailer above looks like the SP campaign could be good, but of course the length could be very short. :( (I hope it's not short)

As long as the YW is not sent up against interceptors it'll be fine!! That's like the luftwaffe telling their Stuka pilots "go kill us some Spitfires"!

IMO none of the SW games have lived up to Rogue squadron.
This new game looks boring.

tenor.gif

I don't like the look of the flight engine seems simplistic and consolesque. I'll sit this out till I've tried someone else's copy or a demo.

Tie/I is a straight upgrade to the Tie/F. It is awarded to those who have proven themselves worthy to utilise Imperial assets effectively. Yeah, it's less dodging and more blowing stuff up.

The TIE F is a Supersport 600, TIE I is the full on Superbike.....with four lasers, that "wing" design though...Love it! (TIE B is a fat Harley) ;)

I think we're underlooking the value of the Tie Bomber, perfect for killing swaths of transport ships full of refugees dangerous insurgents.

I just wish the classic games used them for their correct purpose, they were dog poop at dog fighting yet too often we were expected to do it! I'm kind of hoping squadrons let us hit ground targets!!

TIE Bomber and Y-Wing pilots are the unsung heroes of those conflicts, getting the dirty work done while the flyboys are too busy taking selfies and watching their K/D ratio.

It's always fun to set up a big skirmish in XvT or XWA and take the role of the bombers, although Bwing is my fave for that over the YW.

I'm hoping the campaigns for both sides are equal...
Someone asked the devs a similar question yesterday, hoping that there wouldn’t be a Rebellion bias - the answer:

The missions are split evenly between New Republic and Empire :)

Sometimes you’ll have a few in a row with your NR pilot, or a few in a row with your Imperial pilot, but by the end you’ll have done an equal amount of both
.”

I remember being a kid playing Xwing vs Tie Fighter and feeling guilty picking the Empire ships but they always seemed cooler to me. That X-Wing though....

I'm glad this continues after the original trilogy because that's when I parted ways with Star Wars. Itll be cool to pick it up from where I left off.

Top Bottom